Bag tags

In the package from RC I got one baggage tag, do I print as many of these tags as needed for embarkation day?

What about the debarkation day, do they provide separate tags for that? Should I pack tape to put these on our bags?

1 minute ago, coolio111 said:

In the package from RC I got one baggage tag, do I print as many of these tags as needed for embarkation day?

What about the debarkation day, do they provide separate tags for that? Should I pack tape to put these on our bags?

Yes, print as many as you like and they will give you different tags for departure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

I use a tag holder, you can purchase on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1U2Y3RBR9898G&dchild=1&keywords=baggage+tags+for+cruises&qid=1577889157&sprefix=Bagage+tag%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-6

Edited by FLACRUISER99
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Me too...love reusing those...and perfect for disembarkation tags as well.  🙂  Clean and simple, two tags per bag (one on the top, one on the bottom).  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LalaCoop said:

Side question - do I have to print the tags,  or can the RCCL employees print them at check in?  Is it a major hassle/delay if I wait to have them do it at the departure terminal?

The baggage handlers outside the terminal will have luggage tags. I prefer to print, stuff them in our luggage tag holders (# post 4) and attach them to our luggage before leaving the pre cruise hotel. 

8 minutes ago, LalaCoop said:

Side question - do I have to print the tags,  or can the RCCL employees print them at check in?  Is it a major hassle/delay if I wait to have them do it at the departure terminal?

The porters outside the terminal cannot print tags, but they will take blank tags and write your stateroom number on them.

On 1/1/2020 at 6:25 AM, coolio111 said:

It is either that, or only take one bag!!  😁

Sorry, couldn't resist -- just kidding.  It is actually one of those practical questions.  Mrs Ldubs currently prints the needed extras at work.  We are going to need to buy a printer for at home after she retires later this month.  

Also a related tip -- Mrs Ldubs folds the tags then covers them with clear packing tape.  Punches holes for zip ties and voila, they are practically indestructible.  I guess with her retirement we will need to buy some packing tape too. Haha.  

Edited by ldubs

11 hours ago, LalaCoop said:

No...it's no problem having them do it.  I still prefer to print my own.  Just matter of personal preference.  

If I am flying to a port, I simply print them ahead of time, put them in my "cruise pack" envelope with the plastic sleeves and several plastic zip ties.  Once off the baggage claim belt, takes me all of a minute or two to attach them.  

And as others...two per bag.  One on the top, one of the bottom.  

On 1/2/2020 at 8:11 PM, LalaCoop said:

Local dock workers (not RCL employees) will help you with your bags. They will hand-write your room number on a blank tag and out it on your case. You are at the mercy of the dock workers penmanship on whether they write the correct room number down and if the number can be clearly read by the ship’s crew once it is loaded on the ship. One poorly written number and your bag will be lost. 

We always print our tags and put one on the top and side handle. 

• Like 1