Bringing Sodas

camper49

Yes, you can, although if the cans were in your checked luggage you might have to go to the security area to open your case so it could be seen that you weren't trying to bring cans of beer on board. It would probably be best if you had a case of sodas so it would be obvious what you were bringing on board.

1 hour ago, camper49 said:

Rather than carrying soda on can you check it?? 

Yes, but pack it well as they treat luggage like the airlines do. 

Edit:  I brought 4 12 packs of coke zero and a case of water (this was for 2 weeks)  and put it in a carry on size bag and tagged it.  It got to my room okay, but I did have a leak in one of the packages.  Luckily I had bagged them individually so it was contained and not all over the place.  I should have put them in my hard shell luggage instead.

Edited by kywildcatfanone

28 minutes ago, USVIcruizer said:

New-ish to Princess...so you can bring water/soda onboard?  Check or carryon?  
Thanks for any input!

You may bring water and soda onboard.  Unlike some other cruise lines, Princess does allow you to put them in your checked bags.  But, be aware, there could be leakage with this (as evidenced by previous posts).  The bags are not handled particularly gently during the process.

We always carry our own beverages onboard.  I don't want to be responsible for any leakage on someone else's luggage.

• Like 1

We always carry on a 24 pack of soda - duct tape the corners, make a handle, and attach a luggage tag.  It always arrives in the cabin without a problem.  

Of course, now that I’ve said that...

9 hours ago, USVIcruizer said:

New-ish to Princess...so you can bring water/soda onboard?  Check or carryon?  
Thanks for any input!

Yes. Any non-alcoholic beverage in any packaging, on boarding day or at any port of call.  We normally carry of the 7 ounce cans. Easier to carry on, fit nicely into the cabin fridge and easier to carry around the ship.

I normally carry 10-12 cans of soda in my carry on luggage and on the last cruise (for the first time) the person operating the scanner asked me what it was in my suitcase. They still didn't check the cans. 

Guess they though I might have beer. 🍺 

15 hours ago, Pipefitter said:

how does the self laundry work on the Coral Princess, do you need change for the machine? Do you need to bring soap with you?

They've converted to using the machines that dispense tokens for the washers & dryers which are charged to your account. 

They do sell soap but you can bring your own if you prefer.