Luminae for non suite quests

Germancruiser

Your suite guest friends can arrange this with the M’D. You can visit with them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I seem to remember prices were $20, $30, $40 respectively. Hopefully someone who has arranged this recently can confirm.

The charge goes to the suite guest inviting not to you. 

Whilst if you just ‘turn up’ with your suite guest friends I am sure the M’D will seat you I think most people  prearrange.

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

Thank you so much- I suppose that is exactly what we will do! Allthough we also will prearange first thing aber boarding- well after  the Glas of Sparkling bitter went down nicely .

I take it you don't like the sparkling wine they give on arrival!! I don't either but I always seem to drink it.

• Like 1

Last time we had friends join us in Luminae it was, 10 for breakfast, 20 for lunch and 30 for dinner.  We're on a cruise in 2021 with two sets of friends.  When we booked, we were in concierge with friends A, however a few months later friends B booked a Sky suite and we promised we'd go to a sky suite with them, abandoning friends A in the main dining.  Because of that, we plan to treat them to dinner in Luminae some nights.  I believe that you have to clear it with the Maitre'd for space.

A couple of years ago we ran into some friends we knew on the ship, and since we were in a suite and they were in Aqua we had breakfast in Aqua together one day, and we brought them to lunch in Luminae another day.  It was 20.00 per person then.

We have joined friends in Luminae on 2 different ships for dinner in the last year.  The charge for dinner was $30 pp and they were willing to take anybody's card.   Both times they took my card (guest) without issue.  I've heard multiple times that solo travelers in a suite are allowed 1 guest without being charged (since they paid double already).

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

We have joined friends in Luminae on 2 different ships for dinner in the last year.  The charge for dinner was $30 pp and they were willing to take anybody's card.   Both times they took my card (guest) without issue.  I've heard multiple times that solo travelers in a suite are allowed 1 guest without being charged (since they paid double already).

It depends.I cruise solo,I was told by one of Luminae manager that I can bring a friend with me but on another cruise one of the hostess told me that will be a charge if I bring a friend to dine with me.😕

Our experience while sailing with friends (all of us in a suite) whose adult children were NOT in a suite was it didn’t matter whose card was used.   It was a 14 day cruise and the adult children dined in Luminae all but three  nights as well as several times for breakfast and lunch.  Between everyone’s OBC credit the extra charges for dining in Luminae were offset.  

Thanks for all your kind answers. OH yes- thats the same with me Gordon- I don´t like it at all- and always drink it. LOL.

So I am postive to dine with my  " suite friends" for the cost of 30 Dollars - thats just fine!

I think it is best to plan ahead and have a talk with the Maitre d´ as soon as we board!