one way flight on Royal's air to sea program

dandylion

We are taking a transatlantic that lands in our home part of ny/nj and thus do not require a return flight. Pricing one way is exorbitant so the air/sea people booked us with  RT flights and even these seem high. Isn't this an illegal practice since we are not going to use the second flight?

41 minutes ago, dandylion said:

We are taking a transatlantic that lands in our home part of ny/nj and thus do not require a return flight. Pricing one way is exorbitant so the air/sea people booked us with  RT flights and even these seem high. Isn't this an illegal practice since we are not going to use the second flight?

We are trying to figure out the same thing. There are several problems with what Air2Sea is showing. (at least on my computers).

All of the One Way flights are the SAME EXACT price. $7510.10.

If you click on view price, the example price for a flight is $1520.00 PLUS $6990.10 IN TAXES. 

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. It is error pricing, but I can't go thru Air2Sea and have them check every price.

They apparently are not seeing the same thing I am on multiple computers. 

I have booked one way flights to Rome and Copenhagen, and they have both been excellent. Next year, I will be using Air2Sea to book one way to Singapore, and Premium Economy (non stop) is looking to be in the low $900. Of course Economy is much less.

I always check the Air2Sea link and look at the options myself. Have never talked to anyone. When I find something I like, I book it online.

Royal has added a new flight booking tool for travel agents called flight finder.  While the old choice air consumer site is still operational it is no longer available for travel agents.  I’ve had issues with it and have found better prices on flight finder.  I would suggest calling in to inquire about prices or asking a TA.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has added a new flight booking tool for travel agents called flight finder.  While the old air2sea consumer site is still operational it is no longer available for travel agents.  I’ve had issues with it and have found better prices on flight finder.  I would suggest calling in to inquire about prices or asking a TA.  

Thanks for this tip, I'll send an email to my TA tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for this tip, I'll send an email to my TA tomorrow.

I just did a search on both sites. LAX to BCN Oct 29 one way

flight finder (TA’s) $697

choice Air all 74 flights listed were the same at $974

somethings broken at Choice Air.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just did a search on both sites. LAX to BCN Oct 29 one way

flight finder (TA’s) $697

choice Air all 74 flights listed were the same at $974

somethings broken at Choice Air.

I noticed that a while back.  It seemed like flights we used to get for $400-$500 were around $1500. 

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not on mine. One way TA, going FLL to Rome, Econ $346, Business $1532. Econ actually $90 cheaper then yesterday

Thank you. That is what it should look like. And not like this either. Price details:

Adult

500.00 Fare

+

7,056.02 Taxes & Fees

7,556.02 Total

And not like this: 

American Airlines Air France Mix & Match FINNAIR Delta Airlines Swiss Air Lufthansa Airlines United Airlines British Airways
Nonstop Only
0 Flights
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
1 Stop
62 Flights
From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD -- From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD
2 or More Stops
34 Flights
-- -- -- --

From 7,556.02 USD

-- -- -- --

11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thank you. That is what it should look like. And not like this either. Price details:

Adult

500.00 Fare

+

7,056.02 Taxes & Fees

7,556.02 Total

And not like this: 

American Airlines Air France Mix & Match FINNAIR Delta Airlines Swiss Air Lufthansa Airlines United Airlines British Airways
Nonstop Only
0 Flights
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
1 Stop
62 Flights
From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD -- From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD From 7,556.02 USD
2 or More Stops
34 Flights
-- -- -- --

From 7,556.02 USD

-- -- -- --

Wow! mine for econ below

Edited by ONECRUISER

Nonstop Only
3 Flights
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- From 440.85 USD -- -- --
1 Stop
59 Flights
-- From 346.54 USD From 458.61 USD From 494.78 USD From471.98 USD From 346.54 USD -- From 346.54 USD From 363.69 USD From 534.00 USD From 346.54 USD -- From 346.54 USD From 349.04 USD From 346.54 USD
2 or More Stops
40 Flights
From 346.54 USD -- -- -- -- -- From 445.35 USD -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

What price do you get on the flight finder(TA) website for this set of flights?

July 24th departure

All times are local
United
7:30 AM
PHL
10h 18m
  •  
1 stop 
ORD
1:48 PM
ANC

Flight 2

Fri, Aug 7, 2020
United
1:55 PM
YVR
7h 07m
  •  
1 stop 
ORD
12:02 AM+1
PHL

Edited by Jimbo

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:
What price do you get on the flight finder(TA) website for this set of flights?

July 24th departure

All times are local
United
7:30 AM
PHL
10h 18m
  •  
1 stop 
ORD
1:48 PM
ANC

Flight 2

Fri, Aug 7, 2020
United
1:55 PM
YVR
7h 07m
  •  
1 stop 
ORD
12:02 AM+1
PHL

Around $900 pp

Alaska Air was the cheapest. 

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has added a new flight booking tool for travel agents called flight finder.  While the old choice air consumer site is still operational it is no longer available for travel agents.  I’ve had issues with it and have found better prices on flight finder.  I would suggest calling in to inquire about prices or asking a TA.  

I've actually experienced the opposite recently, with calling Air2Sea (Flight Finder) being significantly more than Choiceair.

A couple of weeks ago:

JFK to BCN 10/28 (AA Flt #66) Prem Econ: call in (multiple times) = ~$990, Choiceair = $496

Edited by Another_Critic

I found when I searched a one-way non-stop business class flight from Wash Dulles to Amsterdam, it was over $8,000. When I searched only one-way business class flights and then filtered the results to non-stop, I got a great price of approx $1,200.  Therefore, I discovered that filtering the initial search with non-stop flights affected my results. 

• Thanks 1

I have purchased One Way air for transatlantics many times in the past and got great prices. I am striking out this year. At first I was looking for something prior to 10/22 on Apex from BCN then we added a cruise from VCE on 10/10 and economy starts well over $1200 from MCI on both of them. (Premmium is MUCH higher) I've tried several dates and both bookings as well as all classes of service. I've also tried making it Open Jaw though we usually just fly SW home from FLL. Think I'll table this for a bit. If all else fails, I'll have to call and see if they can do better.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Around $900 pp

Alaska Air was the cheapest. 

I'm at $991 per person right now on  United ( Air2Sea), seems to be the only carrier that will get us there early afternoon which is what I want. I guess that's pretty much the best we are going to do.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It's part of cruisingpower.com, which is restricted to travel agents.

Thanks .  Ok, so we would have our TA check pricing thru flightfinder then.  Same terms, still covered.

NJ