Taxi to airport in Venice

daviebarr

Hi

We have booked a Sept 12 RCCL cruise.  Question....    will be be able to get to Marco Polo airport from cruise terminal to board a 10.30 am flight to Nice France?  We will have two suitcases and this is the on;y direct flight I can find!  Thanks ion advance

Dave

4 hours ago, daviebarr said:

Hi

We have booked a Sept 12 RCCL cruise.  Question....    will be be able to get to Marco Polo airport from cruise terminal to board a 10.30 am flight to Nice France?  We will have two suitcases and this is the on;y direct flight I can find!  Thanks ion advance

Dave

If you self disembark there are taxi's nearby and 20-25 minutes to the airport you should make it.

Good luck

We disembarked in Venice last September and even though the ship docked in the early hours of the morning the Italian officials did not come on board to clear the ship until 7am. We were stood waiting to get off with our luggage as the officials got on.  It didn’t take long until we were allowed to get off but we still had to hurry to get our 7.15am taxi.  Our flight was 11.30am and I would be nervous about booking any earlier flight.

• Like 1

It’s possible as long as everything goes ok with the ship getting cleared.  Taxis are always outside as well as people offering private transfers. The airport is only 20 minutes drive away, and check-in staff at the airport won’t take luggage for your flight until 2 hours before, so as long as you are there for 0830, you won’t have a problem.  We always leave the ship at around 0730 and don’t carry our luggage off, it’s in the terminal waiting.

We face a similar situation.

I had one more option for a flight late in the afternoon.   So even though it cost 3 times as much I did it, because I didn't think i'd get to the airport in time for a 10:30am flight and i didn't want to risk being stuck there.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, JohninDC said:

10:30 will be tight as the airport is chaotic at best. As suggested, either get a VERY low number of carry your bags off. I would pre-book your transportation.

I would love to prebook something --- know anything other than RCI transfers?