NCL Joy medical emergencies

hladygirl

I hope they have a landing area on a deck. I was on the Jewel when they had to evacuations they had to drop a bed down to the deck and lift the person up to the helicopter.This was at midnight so i am not sure if they could have landed during daytime.

I thought we were at a small port in Costa Rica but I have been told it's El Salvador which would make sense timewise.  We have now been anchored the past 5.5 hours off a small banana port for a medical emergency.  It has been 6 hours since an announcement from the Bridge.  We were due to call in Costa Rica in the morning.  Yes, 3rd evacuation of the cruise.  This one is not routine.

13 hours ago, waterjock said:

I hope they have a landing area on a deck. I was on the Jewel when they had to evacuations they had to drop a bed down to the deck and lift the person up to the helicopter.This was at midnight so i am not sure if they could have landed during daytime.

fullsize.jpg

If you take a look at the bow cam, you will see a large "Winch Only" sign on the bow deck.  This indicates that a litter must be winched up to the helo and that it is not a helipad.

Edited by KarlChilders
change webcam link to one that isn't blocked

19 hours ago, coloradocruiselover88 said:

We had 3 on a 5 day cruise from Vancouver to LA in October.  The Joy staff must be able to do the drill in their sleep by now.  My thoughts and prayers for all impacted. So scary!

I was on that same trip!

They cancelled a port in BC. Forgot which port. They gave us $50 OBC but refused to refund port taxes and fees.