What is being done about coronavirus.....

Travelcat2

4 hours ago, boblerm said:

This situation is going from bad to worse by the minute.  The Crystal Symphony was scheduled to arrive in Manila tomorrow, and in Taipei (changed from Hong Kong) Feb 15 for disembarkation, flights have been rearranged.  They will not be able to dock in either.  There was a Manila to Taipei leg of this cruise which has been cancelled.  It is not clear as of now where the passengers disembarking on the 15th will be getting off the ship.  It is also likely that some passengers were planning on disembarking in Manila tomorrow, I have no idea what they are going to do.  What changes Regent will be making, whether it be changing of itineraries or cancelling of cruises is anyone's guess.

Right from bad to worse and still no word from Regent on their Feb 12 sailing from Bali thru Southeast Asia and Japan!

Please note that Regent’s update from today on their website states that anyone who has been to airports in China in the past 30 days, including Hong Kong and Macao, will be denied boarding. So the advice just to fly in and see what happens could become very problematic.

I'm sure all the cruise lines are scrambling right now--this has got to be a huge nightmare.  I was just looking at the Viking World Cruise which is ongoing right now and that is on its way to Australia, after which it goes north past Papua New Guinea to Manila and then on to Hong Kong.  Obviously itineraries like this are being blown right out of the water.

But let's all try to remember - no cruise line wants to put its passengers and crew in danger.  So yes - lots of scrambling.  And that is what Regent (in my experience...) is very good at.  Problem solving.  Passengers have to stay flexible and realise this is in their best interest though.

3 hours ago, BBWC said:

Please note that Regent’s update from today on their website states that anyone who has been to airports in China in the past 30 days, including Hong Kong and Macao, will be denied boarding. So the advice just to fly in and see what happens could become very problematic.

Denied boarding means full refund especially if regent.flew you to bali via HK...

10 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I would like to see a copy of that..I just spoke to Regent and they have no idea if that is true or not. Ports are shutting down and they are losing options as far as routing the feb 12 trip is concerned. 

I am not sure what “that“ refers to. If you mean the coronavirus update on the Regent website referred to by BBWC, here is a link to the update:  https://www.rssc.com/coronavirus-statement.

Dave

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Dont be surprised if the ship returns to NZ...just a personal guess.

Wow!!!  That is not where we have any desire to go! Been there, nice to see  by ship, but once by ship is enough. So many new places to see where we have't been.  Didn't sign off for this one.

------ Original message --------
Date: 2/7/20 6:45 AM (GMT+08:00)
To: xxxxxccc@gmail.com
Cc: RSSC Air Sea <RSSCAirSea@rssc.com>
Subject: NAV200208      VOY200212

Good afternoon Mr. XXXXX

Below I have enclosed the recent email we have received here in the air department.

All:

We have just received word that anyone on the above two sailings that have air through HKG on their way to the ships WILL BE  allowed to board the ship. 

Thanks,

Steve

Best regards,

Steve Burkland

Air/Sea  Quality Assurance

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

11340 Blondo Street / Suite 200

Omaha, Nebraska 68164

And more....

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

SEVEN SEAS VOYAGER DEPARTING FEBRUARY 12, 2020

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners:

The safety, security and well-being of our guests and crew is our number one priority. We are proactively implementing several preventative measures due to growing concerns regarding coronavirus infections in China. We will continue to consult with The World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and take appropriate additional action as needed.

Due to the growing concern regarding coronavirus infections in China, guests who have visited mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau within 30 days of their voyage embarkation will not be allowed to board. Connecting flights through Hong Kong airport will remain unchanged, and guests will be able to board this cruise if they connected through Hong Kong airport.

We are modifying Seven Seas Voyager’s February 12 itinerary to remove Hong Kong. We will share the revised itinerary as well as further details, including flights, as they become available.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises will provide a 25% refund of your paid cruise fare per person as well as a Future Cruise Credit of 25% of your paid cruise fare per person.  This credit can be used toward any Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyage booked during the next year and sailing within the next two years.  Please advise our Reservations team or your Travel Advisor that there is a credit in your name when you reserve your next Regent voyage.

Also, we will refund any additional documented out-of-pocket flight and travel expenses you arranged independently.

Thank you for your patience as we manage through this evolving situation. If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservation Department.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Seven Seas Voyager.

23 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

And more....

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

SEVEN SEAS VOYAGER DEPARTING FEBRUARY 12, 2020

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners:

The safety, security and well-being of our guests and crew is our number one priority. We are proactively implementing several preventative measures due to growing concerns regarding coronavirus infections in China. We will continue to consult with The World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and take appropriate additional action as needed.

Due to the growing concern regarding coronavirus infections in China, guests who have visited mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau within 30 days of their voyage embarkation will not be allowed to board. Connecting flights through Hong Kong airport will remain unchanged, and guests will be able to board this cruise if they connected through Hong Kong airport.

We are modifying Seven Seas Voyager’s February 12 itinerary to remove Hong Kong. We will share the revised itinerary as well as further details, including flights, as they become available.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises will provide a 25% refund of your paid cruise fare per person as well as a Future Cruise Credit of 25% of your paid cruise fare per person.  This credit can be used toward any Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyage booked during the next year and sailing within the next two years.  Please advise our Reservations team or your Travel Advisor that there is a credit in your name when you reserve your next Regent voyage.

Also, we will refund any additional documented out-of-pocket flight and travel expenses you arranged independently.

Thank you for your patience as we manage through this evolving situation. If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservation Department.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Seven Seas Voyager.

And if you do not want to go on the cruise....No money back?

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Maybe you get the 25 and 25 no matter what? Or use your cancellation for any reason if you have it. Regent diverting from high risk area...that is responsibility..giving 50% cash and credit is awesome.  Above and beyond IMO.

I agree, this Regent offer is very generous.  Plus working with people on your air, what more can one ask.

13 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

I agree, this Regent offer is very generous.  Plus working with people on your air, what more can one ask.

How about offering the same to people who just do not want to go and put their health in jeopardy? 

Apparently Silversea and Crystal are offering 100% future cruise credit for those opting not to sail. Hopefully Regent follows their lead. 

I have been monitoring several boards for days as this saga has taken its daily twists and turns. There are those of us who really aren't interested in this "adventure" that is unfolding while there are many who are quite happy to roll with the flow no matter what happens. Personally, I respect whatever decision you choose to make because it is just that....your decision...not mine.  There simply is no right or no wrong answer and it would be great if more people could respect opinons without ridicule.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mystictraveler said:

Apparently Silversea and Crystal are offering 100% future cruise credit for those opting not to sail. Hopefully Regent follows their lead. 

I have been monitoring several boards for days as this saga has taken its daily twists and turns. There are those of us who really aren't interested in this "adventure" that is unfolding while there are many who are quite happy to roll with the flow no matter what happens. Personally, I respect whatever decision you choose to make because it is just that....your decision...not mine.  There simply is no right or no wrong answer and it would be great if more people could respect opinons without ridicule.

I would love your sense of respect for others be adopted by the RSSC. “Those of you who would like to travel, do so, those of you who don’t, refund.”
Whatever anyone wants to do is perfect,  of course, but those who don’t want to go, lose money.