Crazy to ask but what's on the TV these days?

Rosmerta

We'll be on the Constellation Singapore to Dubai in March (Coronavirus willing) and enjoy watching a little TV. Our last cruise on HAL, we were disappointed that some of the programming we liked before was completely eliminated. So, to know if I should download movies onto the Ipad, which could lead to higher priced internet, could you tell me what's showing these days: serials, films, BBC mysteries, news shows, any in other languages, etc. Thanks.

I'm very interested to hear a reply to this as well.  Last year on the Equinox, I was extremely excited to see that there was a British channel called ITV on board.  It was great.  Amazing game shows, especially Tipping Point.  Made an excellent afternoon activity after sun.  

I will be on board the Summit in two weeks time.  Hoping to have ITV again!

4 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i love watching other sports countries. i have no idea what it was but the guys were using a big wooden stick and it sorta looked like baseball but not at all. 

Cricket, which is huge in certain parts of the world.

One of my favorite things about cruising is not watching TV.  Well, other than the deck camera and current position.

Really not a big selection on Equinox.   Some news channels, food tv, hgtv, celebrity events channels.   I wasn't looking for sports,  but do not remember seeing them as I was flipping.    In all of our 10 day cruises it seemed like they just kept rerunning the same hgtv and food shows over and over.   We had the bridge and map channel on a lot.

I do believe there are a few free movies,  but we did not look for them.

On our Solstice cruise earlier this month (out of Sydney) we had the following stateroom television channels:

1. Australia Channel
  2. Sky News
  3. Travel Channel
  4. HGTV
  5. BBC World News
  6. Fox News
  7. CNBC
  8. MSNBC
  9. Sky Sports
  10. Sport24
  11. ESPN

2 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

They also have On Demand movies for free which is nice.  It was a fairly good selection overall of channels as shown above.

thats great..had that on princess and NCL haven and loved it. especially when they are near. or are. first run.

Great answers. Thanks.

so for Netflixs, which internet package do you recommend for two oldsters who: watch BBC mysteries, or other calm fare

don’t download video games, but may download a news broadcast or YouTube video?

8 minutes ago, Rosmerta said:

Great answers. Thanks.

so for Netflixs, which internet package do you recommend for two oldsters who: watch BBC mysteries, or other calm fare

don’t download video games, but may download a news broadcast or YouTube video?

You will need Xcelerate Internet as the other one doesn't cover streaming.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

We have never had much luck with streaming- constant annoying buffering. Have not sailed Edge but have sailed all other Celebrity ships.  Best to download some stuff just in case.

That’s the plan. Sometimes content is blocked if in a different zone from where it was downloaded, but sometimes being in airplane mode allows access on the iPad. We’ll have content from both the US and European zones. Sometimes after a hectic day, I just want to chill with Father Brown instead of cruise content.