Buffet for dinner?

back.2.cruising

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Changes are in the wind....

I haven't been on the boards for a while, but I do remember you always having some good intel.  LOL  Any other teasers??

Edited by TerReuv

On our shorter cruises, we nearly always skip the MDR and eat either in the buffet or have a Guy's Burger before they close at 6pm.    It is so easy and no worry about changing clothes or eating at a certain time to be able to catch the shows.     I've never found that the buffet food is not up to par with the MDR.  The service, of course, isn't there at the buffet, but I think the food is just fine.

Some alternates to the MDR and the buffet - the deli, the pizza place, room service.  Blue Iguana or Guy's (watch the hours of operation), the steakhouse or other upcharge restaurant.

• Like 1

What I’ve learned to do, thanks to these boards, is have Indian food each night. On the first night tell your head waiter that you would like an Indian dish every night. So many of the cooks come from India, and feel pleased to cook you their foods! Each night is always something different and delicious! Plus, you can still order off the menu too! Win, Win!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MasterMason said:

What I’ve learned to do, thanks to these boards, is have Indian food each night. On the first night tell your head waiter that you would like an Indian dish every night. So many of the cooks come from India, and feel pleased to cook you their foods! Each night is always something different and delicious! Plus, you can still order off the menu too! Win, Win!

So true!   Few years ago sailed with someone who is a vegetarian.   She loved the Indian dishes every evening.   She ordered an extra dish so the table can try.  So yummy!

Last September I would order the Indian  dish and just a piece of salmon.   When I told my waiter I love the Indian  dishes and spicy,  I got some of the best meals the remaining nights.

Depending on the ship,she also got Indian dishes at breakfast in MDR

• Like 1

1 minute ago, airlink diva said:

So true!   Few years ago sailed with someone who is a vegetarian.   She loved the Indian dishes every evening.   She ordered an extra dish so the table can try.  So yummy!

Last September I would order the Indian  dish and just a piece of salmon.   When I told my waiter I love the Indian  dishes and spicy,  I got some of the best meals the remaining nights.

Depending on the ship,she also got Indian dishes at breakfast in MDR

Also, just tell them to add meat to the dishes instead of vegetarian meals!