Excursion Port Credit

Tutone56

27 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Booked my shore excursions online yesterday, and the $50-per-port credit was deducted correctly from my total purchase, with both the shopping cart and the final receipt showing clearly each credit and the remaining charge that I paid. Yay, something on the NCL website that actually worked the way it should! 🙂

So odd! I tried on the app on my phone and on the website today and each time I got the excursion in my cart - there was no credit. It just asked for full payment.  Maybe I am doing something wrong? Lol 

14 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

That certainly doesn’t show up for me when looking at Shore Excursions.  I get the Latitudes discount showing up but the $50 credit is not deducted or showing up.

Weird, maybe they're rolling it out in stages? Or maybe their system can't currently handle the math of applying both the shore excursion credit AND the Latitudes discount?

I took a few screenshots during the booking process, just in case. The 'shore excursion credit applied' shows up on the right hand side. Worth noting, for excursions with multiple time slots, it only showed up after I selected a time.

1238825433_Screenshot2020-02-1109_55_29.png.446ac1c55fc69726bf5afb461ef75841.png

4 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Weird, maybe they're rolling it out in stages? Or maybe their system can't currently handle the math of applying both the shore excursion credit AND the Latitudes discount?

I took a few screenshots during the booking process, just in case. The 'shore excursion credit applied' shows up on the right hand side. Worth noting, for excursions with multiple time slots, it only showed up after I selected a time.

1238825433_Screenshot2020-02-1109_55_29.png.446ac1c55fc69726bf5afb461ef75841.png

I see your in Canada.  Maybe that is why and the folks from the US just have to do it the other way.

I am also grateful that you asked this question because I wasn't sure how it worked either as I also paid full price. I don't care because Ill drink the credit anyway.

However I didn't realize that there were 734 post already about this subject, but you know what .. who cares.

I guess we could just shut down the live forum because I am sure by now every pertinent question has been asked as it relates to cruising. We could just look them up from the CC archives rather than risk getting verbally beaten up publicly by another CC member by having the unmitigated gall to re-ask a question on a free cruise website forum that is supposed to exist for fun.

I guess some people don't have enough to do that they have to troll the subject lines of questions they have memorized the answers to so they can humiliate unsuspecting cruise critic members.

I haven't been on this board for years... now I remember why I left. :classic_angry:

Edited by Pattyd227

I called last week to cancel/rebook some of my items. Asked why I had the $50 shore excursion info twice in my reservation paperwork. Was told that they were in the process of updating the program. The $50 credit will now be taken off the initial price of the excursion, not as OBC after. When I went to book the credit was subtracted.

Here's a slightly different question, still related.  I've searched a bit but hadn't found an answer, and while I'm sure it's answered somewhere, I'll take the risk and ask again.

I booked under a promo that gave me two "Free at Sea" options... so I chose the beverages and the $50 per port shorex credit. There was a second promo running that gave me an additional $50 per port shorex credit - so I have $100 per port credit.

Two different questions, I guess... 

1) Presumably, if I book online or over the phone - it would apply a strict $100 per port credit - even if the excursions vary in price, right?  Example: I book a $120 excursion for Port A, and a $75 excursion for Port B.  I would assume by booking in advance, I would be paying the extra $20 for the first, and losing the $25 additional credit for the second.  Theoretically correct assumption?

2) If I pay in advance, the $50 per port would apply as a refundable OBC to my account after each excursion.  Will the full $100 be applied to the account regardless of the amount of the excursion?  Or would it still only be up to the cost of the excursion?

I'd just like to maximize the use of this perk, basically.  

53 minutes ago, vswan said:

I called last week to cancel/rebook some of my items. Asked why I had the $50 shore excursion info twice in my reservation paperwork. Was told that they were in the process of updating the program. The $50 credit will now be taken off the initial price of the excursion, not as OBC after. When I went to book the credit was subtracted.

I booked for a Nassau excursion last Wednesday, the $50 came off the amount due immediately. Actually it was showing up like that 2 weeks ago. Somebody was giving me crap on another page over that and the OBC even after I said I paid it this week.

1) Presumably, if I book online or over the phone - it would apply a strict $100 per port credit - even if the excursions vary in price, right?  Example: I book a $120 excursion for Port A, and a $75 excursion for Port B.  I would assume by booking in advance, I would be paying the extra $20 for the first, and losing the $25 additional credit for the second.  Theoretically correct assumption?

When mine were booked it only took off to the $50 off for one person. Even if I still had $s left of the $50, it charged the second person at the full price and no carry over to the next excursion day.

2) If I pay in advance, the $50 per port would apply as a refundable OBC to my account after each excursion.  Will the full $100 be applied to the account regardless of the amount of the excursion?  Or would it still only be up to the cost of the excursion?

No longer paying as OBC, taking the $50 off when booking. It only takes off the amount of the excursion.

20 minutes ago, kathybelcher2433 said:

It’s $50 per port not per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I only just realized last week that it's $50 per tour, per port, for the first person. So I was able to get the $50 off for each of two excursions at the same port, e.g. a morning tour and an afternoon tour, as long as they don't overlap in timing. I actually thought it was a glitch on the website, but confirmed it in the T&Cs: "The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port."

I'm not sure if that would also apply for the lucky folks who got the bonus shore excursion credit promotion.

26 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I only just realized last week that it's $50 per tour, per port, for the first person. So I was able to get the $50 off for each of two excursions at the same port, e.g. a morning tour and an afternoon tour, as long as they don't overlap in timing. I actually thought it was a glitch on the website, but confirmed it in the T&Cs: "The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port."

I'm not sure if that would also apply for the lucky folks who got the bonus shore excursion credit promotion.

Thanks for posting that - I once got credit for 2 excursions and thought it was a glitch also!

On 2/11/2020 at 12:49 PM, DeBlonde1 said:

So odd! I tried on the app on my phone and on the website today and each time I got the excursion in my cart - there was no credit. It just asked for full payment.  Maybe I am doing something wrong? Lol 

Read the thread from the beginning and you will understand why you paid full price. 

2 hours ago, April7901 said:

Here's a slightly different question, still related.  I've searched a bit but hadn't found an answer, and while I'm sure it's answered somewhere, I'll take the risk and ask again.

I booked under a promo that gave me two "Free at Sea" options... so I chose the beverages and the $50 per port shorex credit. There was a second promo running that gave me an additional $50 per port shorex credit - so I have $100 per port credit.

Two different questions, I guess... 

I'd just like to maximize the use of this perk, basically.  

1) I have a question along similar lines.  I want to know if any excess will carry over to the 2nd person?  I know people have posted that they have been able to split the excursion credit but I'm allowing a 2nd person to tag along, since I'd already paid full price for a solo.  But the deal is they pay for any added expenses, so I'm not planning to give them the port credits unless they are extra, so splitting won't work.  I can put everything on my bill and get reimbursed but no need if they won't use the extra for the 2nd person.

2) This one I can answer.   They will refund only up to the amount you spent.

39 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Read the thread from the beginning and you will understand why you paid full price. 

Not sure why you are quoting me- I didn’t  buy anything.  I was just doing a mock booking to try and help.  Maybe you should go back and read the whole thread - and the terms and conditions while you are it.   Instead of admonishing people saying they didn’t follow instructions.... which clearly state you can buy excursions online and should receive the credit up front. 

Edited by DeBlonde1
Typo

When I booked, the shore excursion credit was only applied to one person. Any extra was lost, not applied to the second person.

To further clarify the change from deducting the $s upfront instead of OBC after the excursion. When talking to the rep she said that it was causing problems with excursions on "debarking" day (my term, not hers). If you take a ship sponsored tour the day you get off the ship, how do you give OBC the next day. Went online and looked at my options for tours and it shows that the "debarking" day tour is eligible for the $s.

21 minutes ago, vswan said:

When I booked, the shore excursion credit was only applied to one person. Any extra was lost, not applied to the second person.

To further clarify the change from deducting the $s upfront instead of OBC after the excursion. When talking to the rep she said that it was causing problems with excursions on "debarking" day (my term, not hers). If you take a ship sponsored tour the day you get off the ship, how do you give OBC the next day. Went online and looked at my options for tours and it shows that the "debarking" day tour is eligible for the $s.

There hasn't ever been a problem with final day excursions in the past - for me anyway.  Since you have to cancel 48 hrs in advance, they can apply the credit the last day onboard, as you wouldn't be eligible for a refund. You don't have to take the excursion to be eligible - you just have to pay for it.  If you don't actually go, they really don't care - nor do they have any way to track as far as I know.

1 hour ago, DeBlonde1 said:

Not sure why you are quoting me- I didn’t  buy anything.  I was just doing a mock booking to try and help.  Maybe you should go back and read the whole thread - and the terms and conditions while you are it.   Instead of admonishing people saying they didn’t follow instructions.... which clearly state you can buy excursions online and should receive the credit up front. 

Quoting you because you stated "maybe I'm doing something wrong" when you described the excursion in your cart requesting full payment.  

Typically the credit is only applied when you call the Shore Excursion 800 number and reserve it....... it does appear that bookings that took place between Feb 12 - 17th allow excursions to have the credit applied at time of purchase..... my original post in this thread was before the 12th explaining why people had to pay in full. 

I received $50 credit on any excursion. When I go to NCL.com and click on excursions, it has the $50 taken off one person in the room. We will book and each pay half the total for the excursion   We will be on the Sun to Alaska on May 21st