Excursions - walking distances

TowandaUK

I am looking to book excursions. I have an arthritic knee, and can manage most excursions but do not wish to commit to anything that I will struggle to manage. The info about how many steps at each destination is very useful. There are walking distances listed but I can’t find anywhere that tells me how this is measured. Is it in feet, yards or metres?  

I would assume that it would be in feet and yards, but they usually say.  I know we have one upcoming excursion that is about a mile, but  that's the first time I've seen it.

Stick with the excursions noted as easy and you should be okay.

Edited by Spikesgirl

I also look for the number of steps.  My wife has a back problem and any more than a few steps or inclines is a problem for her.  When booking a tour with meal included sometimes the lunch is on the second floor and some restaurants in Europe do not have elevators.

Richard 

Just got off the Sky last week.  We booked a private tour (Trikes).  One gal in our party has a bad knee.  I went to Google Maps and measured the distance to the meeting point.  It showed a .3 mile walk down the pier and another .2 mile walk to the meeting point.  On the excursion we used what was stated in the description to get an idea of the distance and or surface walking on. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wichard said:

I also look for the number of steps.  My wife has a back problem and any more than a few steps or inclines is a problem for her.  When booking a tour with meal included sometimes the lunch is on the second floor and some restaurants in Europe do not have elevators.

Richard 

Good point about lunch on 2 nd floor. In Europe we had to climb stairs for washrooms, restaurants etc 

• 1 year later...