Free Speciality Coffee for Diamonds n above

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree,it is much cheaper to keep the CL send D+ letters and just change the name to SL which will be the next step.

Our last cruise 15 nights Princess.

Next cruise 14 nights P&O.

Then 7 nights RCI.

Then 14 nights P&O.

Before the Princess cruise 18 out of our last 20 cruises were on RC.

We are D+.

Nah...you are DS...as will I be for life.  You can take the D+ out of the CL, but you can't take the DS out of the members of our exclusive club.  😉 😄 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nah...you are DS...as will I be for life.  You can take the D+ out of the CL, but you can't take the DS out of the members of our exclusive club.  😉 😄 

My sentiments too my Royal DS friend.😃🍾

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree,it is much cheaper to keep the CL send D+ letters and just change the name to SL which will be the next step.

Our last cruise 15 nights Princess.

Next cruise 14 nights P&O.

Then 7 nights RCI.

Then 14 nights P&O.

Before the Princess cruise 18 out of our last 20 cruises were on RC.

We are D+.

You probably got replaced with a Platinum member😇

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Upcoming Rhapsody this Saturday...same rotten form letter email.   I think it might be the norm now, no matter how many upper tier are on the ship.  Was actually quite limited on our last leg Vision, with only 15 pinnies and 60 some D+, but D+ was still kicked out of the CL.  Heard from Pinnie friends that the CL was a ghost town during HH.  D was extremely busy, with no overflow out of that very tiny lounge.  😞 

Wonder what RCI actually calls "upper tier heavy" numbers?  🤔

Pat, 

We just got off a b2b on Rhapsody. The diamond lounge set up took over half of the Shall We Dance lounge, in addition to the small DL, they had at least 2 bars, 5 servers, and the buffet was twice the size of the "normal" DL spread. It was actually very nice. Having seen the CL on turnaround day, this set up was awesome. Kumar (KK) will take good care of you. 

I think you will find it quite nice. 

We are headed to an Adventure b2b in 2 weeks and just got "the letter". I hope the setup there is as nice. 

Got the same email that all other D+ folks got. They made it sound as though this was done due to large number of D+ passengers on my sailing  necessitated the exclusion from the CL when it is just a fleet wide change. RCI should just call it what it is, a policy change. I have no problem with what is happening just the way they word it, sort of like them adjusting your onboard account when you bring up an error on their part and they say " as a courtesy" they will adjust your account.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Poor concierge and staff will miss our tips.🤑💰🇬🇧

On the Anthem in January after they kicked us out of the CL, Ricardo (CL Concierge) asked to be moved to the DL.  He said, all my people are in the Diamond Lounge.  It was such a pleasure to see his smiling face on the second part of my B2B.   

Edited by Colorado Babe
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Just this morning we've had an email to say that our impending Allure TA has as expected, a considerable number of Diamonds and above on it. 

Therefore they've split the locations between the lounge on 11 and Blaze on 4, as usual we have 3 drinks elsewhere on the ship, but we've now each one speciality coffee added to our seapass cards to alleviate the mad rush for coffee in the morning - I don't recall ever 'rushing' for coffee, but it's a nice touch all the same, that may sneak it's way into other C&A 'heavy' cruises?

I have seen and sadly been a part of the rush for coffee on most of my cruises. A few ships I've been on had those big coffee urns in one area and the fun starts when they run out. Looking at the size of those urns and of course they always have more than one urn you wouldn't think they could ever run out, but it happens. Really nice of Allure to give those for everyone, really. If most of the Diamonds head off to other coffee locations it will help out the rest of the coffee drinkers on the ship, too.

Edited by CoolNickname

7 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

On the Anthem in January after they kicked us out of the CL, Ricardo (CL Concierge) asked to be moved to the DL.  He said, all my people are in the Diamond Lounge.  It was such a pleasure to see his smiling face on the second part of my B2B.   

Ricardo sounds like a clever loyal man.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CruiseGirl4ever said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see D's being excluded from the Lounges in the near future. As a long time D (who is still several cruises away from D+) I've noticed the increased crowding in the lounges, and I've found myself preferring to just get my free drinks elsewhere. I'm sure there will be a lot of fuss if/when it happens though!

I'm a firm believer that very soon the only lounges that will exist will be for Pinnacles and Suite guests! 

The rest of us, '+' or not will just get more drinks/discounted packages dependent on their tier!

The mess it creates, never mind the angst with some will soon out weight what they gain from our loyalty and they'll not want to risk other cruise lines poaching passengers!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, audome78 said:

Pat, 

We just got off a b2b on Rhapsody. The diamond lounge set up took over half of the Shall We Dance lounge, in addition to the small DL, they had at least 2 bars, 5 servers, and the buffet was twice the size of the "normal" DL spread. It was actually very nice. Having seen the CL on turnaround day, this set up was awesome. Kumar (KK) will take good care of you. 

I think you will find it quite nice. 

We are headed to an Adventure b2b in 2 weeks and just got "the letter". I hope the setup there is as nice. 

Thanks!  That is the way it was set up the last few years we did Rhapsody at this time of the year.  Though will miss Alan being in the DL, now that he and Kumar have switched places.  Did they have the bar set up on a temporary table out in the overflow area as before?  That seemed to work out really well, leaving the small DL for just "happy-tisers" and seating.  We had access to the CL the last few years on Rhapsody, but preferred that layout and view in the DL for happy hour.  

We were hoping for same set up on Vision, but it was nothing close to that.  The even more tiny DL is off to the side (not in the back corner as Rhapsody).  Bar was set up inside the DL in the middle of the room, and no overflow into the back lounge at all.  It was very disappointing.  

16 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Got the same email that all other D+ folks got. They made it sound as though this was done due to large number of D+ passengers on my sailing  necessitated the exclusion from the CL when it is just a fleet wide change. RCI should just call it what it is, a policy change. I have no problem with what is happening just the way they word it, sort of like them adjusting your onboard account when you bring up an error on their part and they say " as a courtesy" they will adjust your account.

Exactly ^.   I don't think they even check how many upper tier any longer...IMHO it's now just automatic with each ship that still has a CL.  Low numbers of upper tier on my last Vision cruise...but D+ still kicked out of now empty CL in the evening.  RCI just needs to state it as new policy change and be done with it.  We are not that stupid.  😉 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

That is what happened with Alan on the Rhapsody last year.  He moved to the DL when Kumar kicked the D+ out of the CL, telling me he missed his D+ friends.  Unfortunately now they have switched and Alan is back in the CL.  Will miss him.  😞