349 solo 15 day panama..wow

luckyinpa

My guess would be the price is low because it's just 30 days until the cruise and the ship is not close to being sold out.  I also think the port of embarkation has something to do with that low price too.  It's also possible the fear of the corona virus has people thinking twice about any cruise.  One thing is for sure, it's a great price.

13 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

The relocations back are cheap every year. 

Flights and Panama taxes always bump up the cost, don't know why they don't come back the other side of SA. 

I would think that it's the Panama Canal that is the draw for that cruise.

Looks like NCL's "RateGain" model didn't calculate the unexpected factors into the pricing matrix.  It's sail up to NY next, without pax - crews only - then do its T/A ...  Well, "be prepared" for surprises.  CFAR insurance.  Get your flu & pneumonia shots/booster updated, and pack extra medications, just in case.  

Here in NYC's 2nd. Chinatown, small business owners reporting that business are off by as much as 50% lately.  

10 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

It would be a much longer cruise to go around Cape Horn and back up the other side of SA. That is a bucket list cruise for me, but I don't think saving the Canal fees would be worth it for the number of days they'd have to add.

During the season they go from one side to the other of SA anyway

It just changing the order so the trip back starts on the other side.

Princess are getting $1,800 for their 20n trip that side.

Since the ship is coming to Europe other cruise lines just head back from SA rather than hitting the US on the way.

That's how they are getting back to SA in Nov from Lisbon.

13 hours ago, arjay9 said:

Isn't that also the ship that is down an Azipod (or what ever it's called) 

That's not the issue, this time.  It's down one engine and as a result one generator which results in not being able to run as fast.

• Like 1

also noticed NY spring break cruises are bargain basement. 700 to 900 for balconies. of course single insides dirt cheap as well. last minute NCL really does have the best last minute pricing out of the few cruise lines i regularly check. you never see single pricing on the other ships. i wish i liked to cruise single 

also thing this is a bargin! and i forget who it was , princess maybe . had something like 22 days to dubai for really cheap as well. if you live on that side of the work u got some bargains coming. also lot of Australia ones

1000.PNG

Ditto, a good one for solo out of NY for the Bliss, half of the Studio's last minute rate (still available, at just $902 + port taxes/fees, DSC excluded) for 2/29/2020 sailing.

Best deal is SailAway Balcony - GTY for Solo, no penalty - bonus $50 per tour shorex credit (enough for Coca Beach/Village shuttle in FL, clam shell rental at GSC and shuttle only RT for Atlantis in Nassau or similar) $683 all inclusive, just add DSC.  

CruiseNext Double Promo still valid - use two and cost is $183 only.  NCLH stockholders NR OBC, even at $50 only instead of $100 will drop it to $133 + DSC @ $15 x 7 = $105 extra; and incidentals for the cabin.  Now, that's very close to a "steal" - especially if UBP and SDP aren't important.  

Come to think of it, DW and I can each book a balcony GTY as solo - and leverage our P+ benefits to the max.  Too bad, we got other plans or else, a perfect storm for last minute deal out of NY ... haven't seen this in a while for a "newish" mega-ship lately.  Not exactly what the folks behind "RateGain" had in mind.  

NCL Bliss Feb-Mar 2020 Last.minute.Specials.jpg