TOMORROW WE CRUISE!

aml3679

7 hours ago, aml3679 said:

Finally, after booking over a year ago, we leave today for Fort Lauderdale.  We are staying at Tranquilo Beach resort by Marriot.  We leave on the Equinox for an 8 day eastern Caribbean cruise.

We are so excited.  It has been such a stressful year for us.  We moved to Florida in October 17th and I, being an experienced nurse, could not find a job close to home.  Therefore, for the last year I have been traveling for work and we hardly saw each other after 34 years of marriage.  Thankfully, I finally found a job an hour from home.  Need to travel 3 hours a day, but I get to be home most nights.

We love sailing on Celebrity after sailing on Carnival and RCI.  This will be our second time on the Equinox, our favorite ship so far.  Our first trip was 10 years ago on the Millenium where we renewed our vows at 25 years.  Our first cruise ever.

We just got upgraded, 2 days ago, to Aqua Class - our first time ever.  We are excited about trying Blu for the first time and using the Persian Garden.

We used our $300 OBC to eat in all of the specialty restaurants except Sushi on 5.  We love both the Tuscan Grill and Murano's.  We loved Silk Harvest but are looking forward to eating at Le Petit Chef.

This is the first cruise where we did not book any shore excursions.  Nothing much interested us and we have been to Nassau before.  We said that we spent so many hours on shore excursions that we were tired when we got back to the ship and missed most of the evening's activities.

We are all packed and ready to go.  We will leave the house by 8, get breakfast and drive the 4.5 hours to Fort Lauderdale.  We will get to the pier by 10:30 and hopefully will have a drink in our hand by noon.

Looking forward to checking out the whole ship, enjoying the wonderful food and the shows.

Looking forward to no cooking, cleaning, or laundry.

By Monday hope to have our feet in the water and our ass in the sand like Jimmy Buffet sings.

HAPPY SAILING EVERYONE!

20140921_220012000_iOS.jpg

When you return , we are boarding !!! Love the Equinox. This will be our second time on her. Enjoy your cruise !!!

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Bon Voyage.   Have a wonderful cruise.    Envy you as I still have 30 days until my next cruise.  

I hope you don’t like Decoy Cab Sauv... I’m on the Equinox the cruise prior to yours... supply may be low 😜

Looking forward to seeing the new colour of the ship.  Still miss the Millennium in her dark blue with gold trim.

15 minutes ago, RickT said:

I hope you don’t like Decoy Cab Sauv... I’m on the Equinox the cruise prior to yours... supply may be low 😜

Looking forward to seeing the new colour of the ship.  Still miss the Millennium in her dark blue with gold trim.

I'm sure you will love her new colors.   It does remind me of Millennium back in 2000.  I think she looked fantastic in her dress blues.

We should be in luck as Iain mostly drink Chardonnay.     I'm sure yo will enjoy the Decoy.  

• Haha 1