Carnival Panorama Tips and Tricks

AandBmom

We are sailing March 14, 2020.  Has any accumulated some tips and tricks?  For example, are some of the pay restaurants free at certain times?  Are there hidden away food stations that we don't want to miss?  Ways to speed embarkation or debarkation?  Ways to minimize waiting for shows?  Best buffet times?  Best time to get on skybikes, ropes course, etc?

• Like 1

A common misconception that people have is that Jiji’s and Cucina are free at lunch time. They are not. Rather, Mongolian Wok and Pasta Bella are served out of Jiji’s and Cucina, respectively, at lunch time. It’s not the same food. Not even close. But yes, this arrangement is included on the Panorama. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

A common misconception that people have is that Jiji’s and Cucina are free at lunch time. They are not. Rather, Mongolian Wok and Pasta Bella are served out of Jiji’s and Cucina, respectively, at lunch time. It’s not the same food. Not even close. But yes, this arrangement is included on the Panorama. 

Thanks for the info.  Cucina was free at lunch the first time I was on the Breeze.  I guess that's not a thing now.  I Mongolian wok is always free right?

4 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

Thanks for the info.  Cucina was free at lunch the first time I was on the Breeze.  I guess that's not a thing now.  I Mongolian wok is always free right?

It wasn’t the same food as what they serve in Cucina, which is the point I was trying to make. Some people think it’s the same menu, just a lunch version, but it’s not. What they serve for lunch is the same as what Pasta Bella on the Dream serves: you choose your pasta, sauce, add-one’s like meat and veggies. And they have a lasagna option, if I remember correctly. But the menu at Cucina is different. And very delicious, if I might add. Well worth the $15 per person! 

• Like 1

We are just off the Panorama.  The Sky Ride was easy on port days.  I rode it twice and waited no more than 15 mins.

The buffet is well laid out to accommodate crowds and we experienced no trouble with lines or finding a table.  The food variety and taste was very good.

I went to four comedy shows and they were all SRO and in a pretty big room.  Sat twice and stood twice.  Three of four comedians were very funny.

Enjoy

• Like 3

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would just add to this one.

I saw on Matt Mitcham’s IG, that he will be the CD on the Panorama from Apr 18-June 20 2020. Some cruisers just got very lucky. He is an amazing CD and truly nice guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I saw on Matt Mitcham’s IG, that he will be the CD on the Panorama from Apr 18-June 20 2020. Some cruisers just got very lucky. He is an amazing CD and truly nice guy.

This is great news!  We sail the Panorama on April 18th!

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

That is AWESOME since we are on the Panorama in May!  We sailed with him on the Vista and he was fantastic!!

• Like 1

Great news about Matt. We were on the Vista in 2018 and I was bummed that he was off during our sailing. We had the flying Scotsman who was amazing but so excited to finally be on a cruise with Matt. My daughter is going to be stoked!!

17 hours ago, crzndeb said:

What is so great about him?  I have never really cared who was the CD on any cruise, but it sure seems like a lot of people really do.  What makes a CD good/great as apposed to tolerable?