will I be allowed to bring a few 5 hr energy bottles on board or will they be confiiscated

kateiam

I am not trying to bend rules, just wondered if they really cared about the tiny 5 hr energies?   My friend doesnt drink coffee and thats her form of caffine.  would few scattered through my luggage be noticed?

If not allowed, do they sell them on board?

Edited by kateiam

10 minutes ago, kateiam said:

I am not trying to bend rules, just wondered if they really cared about the tiny 5 hr energies?   My friend doesnt drink coffee and thats her form of caffine.  would few scattered through my luggage be noticed?

Wil some go unnoticed..... probably but do you want to spend time in the "naughty room" claiming your luggage because one was spotted.... or enjoying the sail away party? 

I do find it funny when someone starts off with "I am not trying to bend the rules"...... not bend, just break. ☺ 

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Wil some go unnoticed..... probably but do you want to spend time in the "naughty room" claiming your luggage because one was spotted.... or enjoying the sail away party? 

I do find it funny when someone starts off with "I am not trying to bend the rules"...... not bend, just break. ☺ 

No I do not want that.

Better question

do they sell 5 hr energy on board?   Or anything similar besides yucky red bull?

Obviously you want an answer from someone who ACTUALLY knows the answer.  I have packed 10 pack boxes of 5hr energy in my suitcase on my last five cruises and there was never a problem.  I say yes you can bring them.

No, they do not sell them on the ship.  

• Like 1

The question is: Are they considered a Beverage?

If I had to guess they are not a beverage and should be allowed, but some screener may think otherwise. The funny thing to me is that those bottles look exactly like my travel size shampoo bottles and I have never been stopped for those.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#can-i-bring-water-or-soda-board

On 2/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, kateiam said:

If you can find Jet-Alert it is what I bring along. It has 200 mg of caffeine and works great.  They sell at the Dollar General Store.

Last time we cruised from NYC I had 24 bottles of Wal-Mart branded 5 hour energy type drinks in our carry on bags. I told the screener about them and was told they are considered vitamins or another health related item and not a prohibited drink item. Best bet is to be honest with them and not try to sneak it past them.

Edited by ncklhaus
  • Like 1