Currently On Board Celebrity Equinox 2/15-2/22

keesar

1 minute ago, mpk said:

I'm not a stickler for a lot of stuff, and am quite happy go lucky.  But I prefer not to spend two hours viewing a hairy leg ending in flip flops in the MDR at the next table during dinner.  Yes, it's happened.  Thankfully, only once.  At least hide that thing with the tablecloth, lol

I saw the same dress code posted at the entrance to Blu.  On Evening Chic night, this one gentleman entered wearing a ball cap and nothing was said.  Short sleeved golf shirts for men were acceptable even though the code calls for long sleeved shirts.  Just look presentable.

12 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in... but when women can wear barely ANYTHING (think short slip dress and strappy heels) why do men have to wear long sleeves? LOL 

My husband feels the same way. He'd love to wear a sleeveless shirt to lunch and doesn't think it's fair that I can but he can't. i told him it's the one time male privilege doesn't apply and I'd gladly trade it for equitable pay, no pink tax, cheaper haircuts, and $1.99 wash and press shirts at the dry cleaners. He shuts right up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Being on the Equinox now, other than the revamped Passport Bar, Retreat, and blue hull I have yet to see anything that was done or changed noticeably.  Our cabin, while good, did not get new carpet.  The balcony rails on deck 7 near us are so scarred they have no stain in many places and were never touched.  Our cabin and the one next door have had a bucket in the bathroom floor for garbage because the pull-out garbage drawer is broken.  And some of the chairs in oceanview cafe are in bad shape and apparently were not replaced.  If they did much more, it must have been on things you can't see.  With that said, it has been a good cruise and don't let the little things get in the way of your enjoyment.

12 hours ago, keesar said:

I saw the same dress code posted at the entrance to Blu.  On Evening Chic night, this one gentleman entered wearing a ball cap and nothing was said.  Short sleeved golf shirts for men were acceptable even though the code calls for long sleeved shirts.  

A couple of things:  

I talked to a maitre'd that used to be very strict about caps.  He said he was less strict now, even though it is policy not to wear caps, after he called down a man that was receiving chemo.

And, I do not believe they require long sleeve shirts for men.  They require shirts with sleeves.  In other words, not sleeveless.

You have posted a very nice review, thanks for doing so.  😊 

6 hours ago, CruiserN1 said:

My husband feels the same way. He'd love to wear a sleeveless shirt to lunch and doesn't think it's fair that I can but he can't. i told him it's the one time male privilege doesn't apply and I'd gladly trade it for equitable pay, no pink tax, cheaper haircuts, and $1.99 wash and press shirts at the dry cleaners. He shuts right up.

Well, I am not an old fashioned gal, but I hate sleeveless shirts at the table.  I used to make my son change to a short sleeve.  I don't like looking at hairy armpits while I am eating, lol.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Does anyone know when the Equinox is scheduled to have the Revolution completed?  I’ve heard some discussion it’s scheduled for sometime in 2021.

I asked that question to Officers at the CC get-together.  I was told that the changes have been already made in the Aqua and Concierge Rooms.  There were new upholstery on the sofas, new carpeting, new curtains, new pictures,  a new television, an additional trash bucket in the bathroom, and new veranda furniture minus the foot rests.   The original intention was to do the carpeting, curtains and upholstery in the other staterooms during cruises without  going to a dry dock.  I was told that, upon thinking about it more, that it would be too disruptive during a cruise.  Stay tuned....

8 hours ago, Texed said:

A couple of things:  

I talked to a maitre'd that used to be very strict about caps.  He said he was less strict now, even though it is policy not to wear caps, after he called down a man that was receiving chemo.

And, I do not believe they require long sleeve shirts for men.  They require shirts with sleeves.  In other words, not sleeveless.

You have posted a very nice review, thanks for doing so.  😊 

Thank you for the compliment!

It did say in the Celebrity Today requiring  long sleeved shirts for men in the dining rooms.  I was surprised to read that, especially on a cruise to the warmer climates.  However, I had no difficulties wearing half sleeve shirts.  I should note that for the first two days, it was cool in the common areas and I wished I had brought more long sleeved shirts and maybe a light sweater.  

I thought golf shirts and short sleeve button down shirts were okay for men in Luminae. My husband is not going to be happy in long sleeves on a Caribbean cruise in May. 

Also how are they defining “flip flops?”  Mine are not of the beach or shower variety.  They are more thong sandals without a back strap.  They all have bling, of course!

I have a pair of ballet flats on order with DSW, but I really prefer the “flip flops.”  And if my ankles swell, as they often do, they are a necessity. 

9 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

I thought golf shirts and short sleeve button down shirts were okay for men in Luminae. My husband is not going to be happy in long sleeves on a Caribbean cruise in May. 

Also how are they defining “flip flops?”  Mine are not of the beach or shower variety.  They are more thong sandals without a back strap.  They all have bling, of course!

I have a pair of ballet flats on order with DSW, but I really prefer the “flip flops.”  And if my ankles swell, as they often do, they are a necessity. 

Kat,

Your husband will have no problem going to any of the restaurants with a collared, short sleeved shirt.

The thong sandals you described are completely acceptable.  My wife wears about the same things.

Have a great cruise.  😊

• Like 1

On the SailAway on the bow, it  was recommended that there be no high heeled shoes, flip flops or open toe shoes. There are eyes for securing items in that location.   But you saw several ladies wearing flip flops and high heels.  Same with the galley tours but on these tours it says these are NOT PERMITTED in bold print.  

• Like 2

Additional Observations from Our Cruise:

1.  I had never seen the grass on the Lawn so green.  It was thick and plush.  Congrats to the maintenance staff and greens crew!

2.  Future Cruises was rather disorganized.  Check in was a mess.  Staff were  trying to have passengers go with the nonrefundable fares saying that it was "only  $200".

3.  It was very pleasant to have a Captain not pushing  excursions, jewelry sales, picture taking,  etc.  He just gave the key information.  

4. The Library looked really sad.  I suspect the older books were recycled.  Very few books on hand.Someone needs to go to a book sale.  

5.  There was no spy video for the safety drill.  Staff in our area told cruisers to stop talking and to get off their cell phones and listen to the presentation.  The expressions were precious!

Again, an excellent cruise and an improvement from one year ago on the same ship.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, keesar said:

5.  There was no spy video for the safety drill.  Staff in our area told cruisers to stop talking and to get off their cell phones and listen to the presentation.  The expressions were precious!

I am happy to hear that that stupid video is gone and that people are told to get off their phones. Finally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I am happy to hear that that stupid video is gone and that people are told to get off their phones. Finally.

Many of us were happy that the two staff members went over to several individuals to tell them to stop talking and put away their cell phones.   They could resume  talking and texting once the drill was over.  Reminded me of 7th graders.   

I also could not believe how many people were addicted to their cell phones in the dining areas.  Being served food and texting  with the phone on the table.  Not my idea of a vacation. 

• Like 2