Oasis?

mattR

Hi have a few questions regarding the Oasis.  We have never sailed on the Oasis or any of the newer RCCL ships.  What are the main differences between the Oasis and the Explorer?  What things do you have to per-book?  My 22 year old son is looking at booking for this May with one of his friends, will it be to late to make booking for the activity's? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattR said:

My 22 year old son is looking at booking for this May with one of his friends, will it be to late to make booking for the activity's? 

No, most things should be available and even if not in the planner, one can sign up on board.

• Like 1

I am sailing on the Oasis in May (sailed Harmony which is sister ship to Oasis) and have also sailed on the Explorer.....Oasis class you need to reserve most shows, with the exception of a 2nd Ice show they offer and one of the comedian shows (I think one of them we did need to reserve).  Depends when he is sailing, I am sailing May 17th and our cruise planner has not opened up to book any shows, as of today, so he should not be left out of booking any shows if he sails then or later!!  It should be opening up any day now.  Also, if he is sailing in May, he will need to pay in full, as it would be less then 90 days out..... All shows have a stand by line and I did see them letting those people in.....Your son will LOVE Oasis class, as there is soooo much more to do than when the Explorer has to offer, believe it or not!!  After sailing Oasis class, I prefer the larger ships, but not everyone does.  Hope he enjoys his cruise!

Where do the shows and other on board activities that you can book show up in the cruise planner?   Don't see these on the May 10th sailing of the OASIS?  Only thing for activities are a couple tours and a couple cooking classes.  Another question is the Solarium Bistro is showing up at $0 is this correct? 

27 minutes ago, mattR said:

Where do the shows and other on board activities that you can book show up in the cruise planner?   Don't see these on the May 10th sailing of the OASIS?  Only thing for activities are a couple tours and a couple cooking classes.  Another question is the Solarium Bistro is showing up at $0 is this correct? 

Solarium bistro is free.

shows show up under Entertainment May not be released yet. 

Has anyone ever had a room on deck 14? I just got assigned a room there on my gty booking and wondering if it will be loud from above? It’s also a connecting room, will I be able to hear my neighbors more through the door? Thanks 

7 minutes ago, Jellal said:

Has anyone ever had a room on deck 14? I just got assigned a room there on my gty booking and wondering if it will be loud from above? It’s also a connecting room, will I be able to hear my neighbors more through the door? Thanks 

Possible and possible. 

If there are any other cabins available in the exact exact same category I would try changing cabins 

12 hours ago, mattR said:

Thanks for the info he just book this evening for the May 10th sailing the price went down by about 15% since yesterday so that's nice. 

The May 10th Oasis sailing has an active thread.  Please feel free to join us.

35 minutes ago, Jellal said:

We’re also on the 14th floor.  I’ve never had a problem with noise being on the top floor with cabins.  However, I avoid connecting rooms.  We didn’t hear noise but because nothing can be in front of the door, the size of the couch is very small and you lose precious space.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

The May 10th Oasis sailing has an active thread.  Please feel free to join us.

We’re also on the 14th floor.  I’ve never had a problem with noise being on the top floor with cabins.  However, I avoid connecting rooms.  We didn’t hear noise but because nothing can be in front of the door, the size of the couch is very small and you lose precious space.

The connecting door on Oasis class ships is in the hallway opposite the bath so you do not lose space or have a smaller couch. 

Couple more questions.  How much is the cover charge for the BBQ restaurant?  How much is the escape room and how do you book it.  Where is the lazer tag room and how do you  reserve a spot?

13 hours ago, mattR said:

Couple more questions.  How much is the cover charge for the BBQ restaurant?  How much is the escape room and how do you book it.  Where is the lazer tag room and how do you  reserve a spot?

we were able to book the escape room on our cruise planner for Oasis.  It showed up about a week after entertainment opened

On 2/26/2020 at 11:53 AM, SuiteLady said:

Oasis class you need to reserve most shows, with the exception of a 2nd Ice show they offer and one of the comedian shows (I think one of them we did need to reserve).  

We were on Oasis last week, and they only had one ice show :(  Was bummed about it!

20 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We were on Oasis last week, and they only had one ice show 😞 Was bummed about it!

I think it has always been one on Oasis. Allure used to have two when they had Dream works aboard... the regular ice show and a Dreamworks show. I don't know if they still have two now that Dreamworks is out. Allure did have the C&A repeat cruisers function in Studio B and put on a mini ice show for us.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think it has always been one on Oasis. Allure used to have two when they had Dream works aboard... the regular ice show and a Dreamworks show. I don't know if they still have two now that Dreamworks is out. Allure did have the C&A repeat cruisers function in Studio B and put on a mini ice show for us.

The second aquatheatre show was Splish Splash

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know. The person I responded to was talking about ice shows.

Splish Splash was very good. Is it still aboard?

Oops, sorry.  They didn’t have splash splash when we were on at Christmas.  Missed having it, we really enjoyed it as well.  

15 hours ago, mattR said:

What is the cover charge for the BBQ place?  What time do they usually open the flowrider, zip line and abyss slide on embarkation day? 

There's not a cover charge for BBQ--it's an a la carte, so will depend on what you order.

This week on embarkation day, for example, the Flowrider opened at 11am, the Abyss at noon, and the Zip line at 1pm.  I'd say you can pretty safely figure on those approximate times.  You can find all of that on the app ahead of time, so you can easily know that prior to getting onboard.

15 hours ago, mattR said:

What is the cover charge for the BBQ place?

It's ala carte pricing, but it's 7.99 for a lunch that includes an entree/side/dessert.  Dinner runs 13.99/15.99 for the same depending on how many meat selections you get.  They have wings as an add-on and you can buy desserts individually as well.  Drinks there are covered under the refreshment and deluxe drink packages and you don't need to buy food to order those.