4th and 5th Edge Class Vessel Names - Suggestions?

Stem to Stern

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Gosh I think we had some better ideas!

Luxe sounds like a back street hotel with delusions of grandeur...

Opus, a credit card which you will definitely need on board.

Elegance gives me a vision of Basil Faulty being at check in and refusing to let ‘rif raf’ on board....

As for Pinnacle, I can live with that!

As I recall, OPUS and LUXE were trademarked by X,  but there was no evidence that Elegance or Pinnacle were.

Btw, love your interpretations of the names. Suddenly I have the urge to watch the golden oldies of British television. 😉😁

7 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

As I recall, OPUS and LUXE were trademarked by X,  but there was no evidence that Elegance or Pinnacle were.

Btw, love your interpretations of the names. Suddenly I have the urge to watch the golden oldies of British television. 😉😁

Not true...

D6F59DB8-DD30-4524-9917-090684A1A39C.jpeg

74EEAD1C-1A66-4CB4-8DDA-8473F547D49B.jpeg

If they called it Pinnacle then all of those high level Crown and Anchor folks from RCCL would think it was their ship.  Keep them where they are!  But on the other hand I guess Celebrity won't go back to naming a ship Zenith again.  Maybe The Celebrity Elite would be a good name.  Honor the paying customer base.  If they made a larger version it could be The Elite+ 😀.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

If they called it Pinnacle then all of those high level Crown and Anchor folks from RCCL would think it was their ship.  Keep them where they are!  But on the other hand I guess Celebrity won't go back to naming a ship Zenith again.  Maybe The Celebrity Elite would be a good name.  Honor the paying customer base.  If they made a larger version it could be The Elite+ 😀.

Make it a Captains Club venue only for Pinnacles level.  Then, Celebrity could give back more public space to the rest of their passengers.  

In full disclosure, I wish I could sail enough to reach Pinnacle.  I think!?  That is a lot of sailing.

Edited by shipshape sam

I think great 4 letter names are OPUS, ACME, ULTRA.  Maybe go three letters, eg ZEN. (For Asian market??) or MAX? (A super sized Edge class).

It does not make sense to move away from the four letter names...how will BEYOND fit on the funnel??  Perhaps the next generation will not be clones of EDGE and APEX, and have many improvements including more room on the funnel??😂

14 hours ago, Seapoint said:

I think great 4 letter names are OPUS, ACME, ULTRA.  Maybe go three letters, eg ZEN. (For Asian market??) or MAX? (A super sized Edge class).

It does not make sense to move away from the four letter names...how will BEYOND fit on the funnel??  Perhaps the next generation will not be clones of EDGE and APEX, and have many improvements including more room on the funnel??😂

You are on to something here.  I think a lot of people here would want to name future E-Class ships with certain 4-letter words😄😁.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:02 AM, C-Dragons said:

Ditto, but OPUS reminded me of one of my favorite characters in Bloom County (cartoon strip). I can see it now. A glorious penguin statue standing in the same spot Mr. Edge stands on the Edge😁

Edited by Silkroad