RCL Stock

heidikay

17 minutes ago, jerryg95 said:

maybe that comp is enough for the house you want but what if he wants a $40m house and only has $20m liquid. 

what if he’s want to buy virgin or Viking stock to diversify. What if he wants to rent a private mega yacht for a few months so he doesn’t have to wait in line at the Windjammer?

That still doesn’t eliminate that maybe he wants to take the money because he thinks the stock has peaked and he wants to hedge his bet. More of a maybe than the options listed above.

19 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Viking (VIK) is slated to go public on May 1st trading from $21 and $25 per share. 

The IPO is pricing tonight. Usually prices below what they expect opening trades to be. The lower amount is for people who are buying the IPO before it opens publically. Not what it will actually open at trading tomorrow. Should be above the IPO price. Typically. For instance at etrade I can buy some IPOs not all. Not every brokerage handles all IPOs. It will be interesting to see where trading actually opens.

They are saying viking collects money 2 years in advance vs industry average of 6 months though they dont typically sail at full capacity. Pros and cons. 7k vs ncl 3k average etc. Watched on CNBC so I didnt get it all. Odd they would use ncl to compare to. IPOs seem to open around noon or 1 pm my time to watch tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Viewed as a single transaction........ yeah, who cares, could be a million reasons why he wants to sell.
However............ he's a smart guy..... maybe he sees trouble OVERALL on the horizon.... even if RCL is a strong company

Rising tide raises all boats..... and when it goes out.......

Edited by NateUpNorth

22 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Viewed as a single transaction........ yeah, who cares, could be a million reasons why he wants to sell.
However............ he's a smart guy..... maybe he sees trouble OVERALL on the horizon.... even if RCL is a strong company

Rising tide raises all boats..... and when it goes out.......

I agree that the price seems a bit overvalued vs what it used to sell for. More shares, so earnings diluted and no dividend and more debt .. and selling as high as pre covid seems a bit much to me too. I dont see prices continuing up as before either. So next years comps wouldnt be as good as now when prices are compared to covid pricing a year ago. A year ago there were still a lot of left over really low prices which are gone now so year over year looks terrific but many many companies are saying price increases are running into resistance. Stagnation is being mentioned. Right now looks terrific, a year from now doesnt look so good. 

Edited by firefly333

45 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

That still doesn’t eliminate that maybe he wants to take the money because he thinks the stock has peaked and he wants to hedge his bet. More of a maybe than the options listed above.

it also doesn’t eliminate the possibility he has a mistress in a Greek villa with expensive taste. He might feel the company is going under in three weeks or that now is a good time to get more liquidity. As we know, they can make more stock and he gets some. 

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

A year ago there were still a lot of left over really low prices which are gone now so year over year looks terrific but many many companies are saying price increases are running into resistance. Stagnation is being mentioned. Right now looks terrific, a year from now doesnt look so good. 

I tend to agree with your supposition with what I can see concerning prices at multiple websites. Many more fall cabins available this year than last as prices have been kept elevated after  banner seasons last fall and this winter. I did three cruises in 2023 booked in 2022 at very low prices. Doing two this year after booking them last year at half of their current listed prices on Royal's website last year. I am avoiding "add-ons" concerning dining, excursion, drinking, etc. as those prices have more than doubled (in some cases, asking 250% more). I got some very good deals through a TA at half the prices for two cruises next year. 

Even if frequent cruises just do one cruise less per year or try another line, that can lead to significant stagnation. If I cannot get a cruise for what I think is a good price-point, I will just hold onto the cash or try something else. I like Royal, understand supply and demand, and I think demand is leveling off starting October of this year where prices will not be constantly raised without resistance.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

If I cannot get a cruise for what I think is a good price-point, I will just hold onto the cash or try something else. 

I completely agree.

"

Angie Stephen was promoted to SVP international for the Royal Caribbean brand.

Formerly VP and MD Asia Pacific, she takes on the role held until recently by Bert Hernandez, who became president of Silversea Cruises.

Stephen is tasked with overseeing Royal Caribbean's growth across more than 80 countries, from Australia and China to those in Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.

'Incredible experience and success'

Michael Bayley, president/CEO of Royal Caribbean International said Stephen brings 'incredible experience and success to this role,' from positions in sales and marketing to most recently leading the brand’s increasing popularity and achievements in Asia.

Royal Caribbean's international organization is comprised of representatives around the world and extensive teams based in Australia, China, Mexico, Singapore and Europe. Both collaborate with local partners and travel advisors to reach travelers through a variety of channels based on each market’s travel landscape and consumer behavior.

Exponential opportunities

'This is an incredibly exciting time for the vacation industry, a momentum that is reaching new heights between the introduction of the game-changing Icon of the Seas and the soon-to-debut Utopia of the Seas,' Stephen said. 'The opportunities to deliver even more memorable vacations around the world are exponential, and Royal Caribbean and our world-class international organization are perfectly positioned to make it all a reality.'

Stephen joined Royal Caribbean more than 25 years ago as a field sales manager in the US Midwest. She has held several roles across sales and marketing that included spearheading sales strategy, events, training and marketing. She also led the North America national accounts team and was responsible for the largest share of North America trade business.

Relocated to Asia in 2017

Stephen relocated to Asia in 2017 to lead the market development in China, developing sales distribution channels, brand marketing and partnerships. As VP and MD of Asia Pacific she oversaw the marketing, commercial and operational activity for the brand.

Royal Caribbean considers Stephen 'pivotal in driving a new level of success in the region and instrumental in realizing the resumption of cruising during the pandemic.' In fact, she led the way for Singapore to be the first market in the world where Royal Caribbean ships resumed sailing, in December 2020."

Angie Stephen moves up to SVP international at Royal Caribbean (seatrade-cruise.com)

• Thanks 1

This story ran on a couple of news wires today.  RCL is looking to hire 10k new employees this year mostly to staff new ships coming on line.  What I found surprising (but perhaps shouldn't have given ongoing service issues) is that in 2023 sea based head count actually shrank 6%.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-royal-caribbean-recruiting-thousands-173536125.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADHmP5K1YCaAUNgR9gfh0nqgL2ce8nU8Ptd-f_XHAPBVrCxItScIUnlFgYmnB51jYqz8WVUCThNolv1O-tvztwYKJKnAkc8L97DJgRL0-Viz6K7Cdefil8XMVef4VMIT_oy_ca1kZI-sclziTRrD_99qMXw53kR2sKdE-ibv_XWv