RCL Stock

heidikay

59 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Why are you even on this board.😜

I have as much right to post my opinion on this board as anybody. Just because they don’t jive with all the other ones doesn’t make we wrong.

The cherry on top of the cake is irritating know it alls that can’t accept that someone feels different than they do.

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well also it's about oil. Because rcl is a heavy user of oil products and the price is creeping up again. Iran told biden yesterday he needs to get israel in hand or they "could " totally stop traffic in the red sea. I really like last call on CNBC and this threat was discussed on last nights show, though seems it isnt being well covered except in stock news. But iran threatened us yesterday.

The price of oil turned green again which also pressures rcl stock price. Some are calling for $90 oil. It's close. So I'd add oil to the mix. Its inflationary .. but also particularly bad for stocks like rcl with heavy debt. 

I agree with your assessments - the good news is it’s up just a tad this morning. I’ll take that - still up ahead by much from where I bought it.

Thinking I should invest in blue chip dividend stocks like you to add to my portfolio of highly volatile stocks that keep me awake at night. 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I agree with your assessments - the good news is it’s up just a tad this morning. I’ll take that - still up ahead by much from where I bought it.

Thinking I should invest in blue chip dividend stocks like you to add to my portfolio of highly volatile stocks that keep me awake at night. 🤣

We took some from treasuries this last 6 month flip and 4 more dividend stocks. 4 to 7.8% dividends. Luckily one was oil related. Dvn around 43, is down today to 53, since feb. It was paying 4.7% when we bought. I'm too conservative in my picks. Conserve capital picks.

I saw dani on her thread worried about iran threats to Israel. Oil prices are elevated. One spark and boom.,

A analyst on rcl upper his one year target to 160. I rebought at 130. I'm in and out. Early may rcl will have good earnings. Wouldnt disappoint. May 2 or may 5, I forget. Soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I sold at just over $140.  Now waiting to buy back in.

• Like 4

On 4/11/2024 at 12:26 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I sold at just over $140.  Now waiting to buy back in.

If we already received the stock credits on upcoming cruises and sell the stock, do you know what happens to the credits we already received?

Oil green today and iran still a worry.

As a interesting sidenote, this last unemployment numbers showed number of foreign born who got new jobs. Never seen this emphasized before. Twice as many foreign born got jobs as nationals who lost jobs.

The fed keeps citing how tight the labor market is when they are debating rate cuts. Adding in "foreign born" who took new jobs is kinda like "hey dummies... of course the labor market is tight and going to stay that way with new workers coming in. I think the fed might have to change its thought process a bit. Inflation isnt tamed is also echoing thru the market.

Higher oil and higher interest rates weigh on rcl. Yes I've read rcl hedges oil out 6 months, dont know if still true... but people trade on emotions. Risks. 

One other bit is they made drilling in the Yukon or wherever it's called more expensive by a LOT. Huge jump in price to drill and they have to pay royalties, not sure who to, but oil under pressure from this news.

Edited by firefly333

57 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

If we already received the stock credits on upcoming cruises and sell the stock, do you know what happens to the credits we already received?

You can still get the shareholder OBC even after you sold the stock -eventually they may ask for an updated stock statement. 

Interesting responses. I've made lots of money in the market and I've lost lots of money. The market paid for my house and a few of my toys including my Corvette.

Sometimes, it's more lucky that being good.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Interesting responses. I've made lots of money in the market and I've lost lots of money. The market paid for my house and a few of my toys including my Corvette.

Sometimes, it's more lucky that being good.

One of my favorite quotes, “The harder you work, the luckier you get.”

• Like 2

Another analyst has a new target of 164 out yesterday morning. Mazxxxx forgot the name.

Oil sold off yesterday during the day, rcl inverse reaction. Went from red to green and moving green today. I dont see the price increases like in the past, by next year will have trouble replicating the 40% yoy this year. But for now growth is going to show great. 

On 4/12/2024 at 11:18 AM, firefly333 said:

Oil green today and iran still a worry.

As a interesting sidenote, this last unemployment numbers showed number of foreign born who got new jobs. Never seen this emphasized before. Twice as many foreign born got jobs as nationals who lost jobs.

The fed keeps citing how tight the labor market is when they are debating rate cuts. Adding in "foreign born" who took new jobs is kinda like "hey dummies... of course the labor market is tight and going to stay that way with new workers coming in. I think the fed might have to change its thought process a bit. Inflation isnt tamed is also echoing thru the market.

Higher oil and higher interest rates weigh on rcl. Yes I've read rcl hedges oil out 6 months, dont know if still true... but people trade on emotions. Risks. 

One other bit is they made drilling in the Yukon or wherever it's called more expensive by a LOT. Huge jump in price to drill and they have to pay royalties, not sure who to, but oil under pressure from this news.

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Another analyst has a new target of 164 out yesterday morning. Mazxxxx forgot the name.

Oil sold off yesterday during the day, rcl inverse reaction. Went from red to green and moving green today. I dont see the price increases like in the past, by next year will have trouble replicating the 40% yoy this year. But for now growth is going to show great. 

What’s yoy? I’ve been active in the stock market for over 35 years, and with all the due diligence I’ve done, yoy has never shown up.

?

13 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Year over year….  You watch every single company traded on the stock market?  Amazing.

Who would write yoy, this year? That makes it this year only.

Where did I say I watch every single stock on the stock market? If I find one I might be interested in, I do a deep dive, and it confirms my feeling I buy, if not I pass. This strategy has worked very well over the past 35 years. It allowed me to retire at 55. I’ve not paid a penny interest on anything since 1985, and my mrd from my 401k, investment income is almost double the total of my pension and my wife’s and mine social security. And we lived the “life of Riley” the whole time, we have everything we want and did everything we wanted to do.

Amazing!

2 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Get a couple analysts to agree, and it's a great sell signal to me.

And I would say the 12 month targets are higher than pre covid when they had a lot less debt, though prices sure are higher.

Some of these beats on earnings I hear from various companies are beating top and bottom line, then you listen and it's because they raised prices, not because they sold more widgets, or whatever, it's based on higher prices which people are now pushing back against. 

I personally know these rcl price hikes cant continue at this rate, so they year over year and growth will die back as comparisons become harder year over year and yes I do look at year over year. 

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And I would say the 12 month targets are higher than pre covid when they had a lot less debt, though prices sure are higher.

Some of these beats on earnings I hear from various companies are beating top and bottom line, then you listen and it's because they raised prices, not because they sold more widgets, or whatever, it's based on higher prices which people are now pushing back against. 

I personally know these rcl price hikes cant continue at this rate, so they year over year and growth will die back as comparisons become harder year over year and yes I do look at year over year. 

@firefly333

Starting to see definite price weakness this September out of Bayonne. September 8, 7 day cruise is going for half the price of its all time high since it was listed after discounts. Was as high as $1,200 per person including tax and is now about $670 (interior, I was able to select the room and it was a virtual balcony on the 8th deck forward) today.

Not as low as the first year post Covid but not able to sustain the 250% increases I have seen over the past 14 months.

Long term cruisers are still booking immediately but they are not filling in the last 30% of cabins in the shoulder season. RCI did not have any shoulder seasons in 2023 and looks strong until the end of summer this year. The Fall is starting to look more traditional with reduced prices.

I think this will definitely affect stock growth as opposed to the recent gains.

• Like 2