Caribbean Ports Not Letting Cruise Ships Dock Over Coronavirus Fearss

vpearlkc

Like a few others have mentioned... I'm not worried about getting sick, but I'm worried about being stuck in a studio cabin on a ship. I'm flying from the UK to Miami a week today and I'm pretending I'm excited when really I'm not. 

8 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

We are going on our cruise and not giving it another thought.  I would never cancel it.  This is for the Bliss March 22-29, 2020.  Just hoping they don't cancel our cruise altogether.

Headed out on the Epic 22 March, not so much worried about the virus but don't want to miss ports.

That said, if they turn away too many cruise ships they run the risk of having cruise lines cancel the stop and change itineraries even before sailings, this means a huge loss of revenue for the islands.

35 minutes ago, DarkJedi said:

Headed out on the Epic 22 March, not so much worried about the virus but don't want to miss ports.

That said, if they turn away too many cruise ships they run the risk of having cruise lines cancel the stop and change itineraries even before sailings, this means a huge loss of revenue for the islands.

Hope they dont forget this for my next cruise in May

26 minutes ago, CathieZC said:

My biggest concern is vigilante passengers who report every cough and sneeze that they hear... 

I had assumed that those who were diagnosed with the flu were self-reporting to the ship's medical center.  Never occurred to me that some passengers might be reporting on behalf of other passengers.  I have seasonal allergies...sneezing is a way of life for me.  Jeezz...

• Like 4

We were planning a last minute cruise for the end of March. Now I am thinking it's not worth it. I can't imagine being quarantined for all those weeks if it was to happen. In January 2018 we were on a cruise that many of the passengers came down with the flu. Worrying if one of us would get it next did take some of the enjoyment from the cruise. Fortunately I didn't get the flu till I got home even thou I had the flu shot. Don't think I want to go through that again.

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Not sure how the weather is these days for you south of the gnat line but up here in ATL we are getting snow flurries/rain and sleet mix.  I NEED A CRUISE!

The south has had worse weather than I have had in Central NJ. Have not even pulled out the snow brush or shovel. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CathieZC said:

My biggest concern is vigilante passengers who report every cough and sneeze that they hear... 

my biggest fear is on the plane.. I always sneeze on the plane due to dry air, and it’s not one sneeze, it’s about 20... I get looks on a normal basis that I normally explain away, but now I can see them throwing a garbage bag over my head

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Not sure how the weather is these days for you south of the gnat line but up here in ATL we are getting snow flurries/rain and sleet mix.  I NEED A CRUISE!

We are having "snow" too.  Unfortunately, it is of the yellowish-green variety and it is coating everything.  Making my nose run like a faucet too.  I hate tree pollen season here.  🤧

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 8:42 AM, kerryincork said:

I just want to go on my cruise. I don't mind if the islands don't let us Dock, it is their right. As long as I get my fees and taxes back for those ports.

I would still enjoy myself sailing around the Caribbean in the sunshine.

You never know people might find they prefer it and cruise lines might start no port day cruises!

I kind of feel that way too. We are supposed to sail out of PR on the Freedom on 5/10 with 6 island stops, no sea days.  I was so disappointed to see no sea days (there was originally 1), but if we weren't able to stop at all of the ports, I'd be fine with that.