2 bedroom suite vs Haven 2 bedroom suite

landsear

2 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

Haven bartenders are some of the best!

Haven restaurant is like private dining!

Just my .02!

The Gem does not have a Haven restaurant like the Away class ships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, landsear said:

Hello! I am booked on the NCL Gem Two bedroom suite. We can upgrade to the two bedroom Haven suite for 1k. What would the benefits of this be?

Thanks!

The Gem does have a small Haven courtyard and a sundeck only Haven cabins can use. Other than that the suites and Haven cabins basically get the same thing.

Just now, Laszlo said:

A lot depends on the cruise, where does it go? how long? when? Do you have kids? It could or could not make a difference

Bermuda. 5 days in November 2020. two kids, ages 4 and 6.

1 minute ago, landsear said:

Bermuda. 5 days in November 2020. two kids, ages 4 and 6.

Thats going to be different.... I wouldn't for $1000, the Haven CY might be nice on the cool, cold sea days though.

I also agree it's not worth it. Last summer there was only one attendant for the haven area, so service was spotty. Without a restaurant and lounge, there really isn't anything special about the haven other than the small pool area. Certainly not worth $1000 for 5 days!

We did the non-Haven Gem suite this summer and it was amazing.  Not the full luxury experience... but I don’t think the Haven on Gem would be worth an extra $1000 since the literal only difference is the Haven area proper.

One advantage of the Haven cabins is for Breakfast and Lunch you only need to go down one deck 14 to 13

to Moderno or Cagney's and there are a variety of beverages alcoholic and non available.

These restaurants are directly under the Haven cabins.

If you are in the deck 11 suites you would have to trek 1/3 the length of the ship and go up 2 decks 11 to 13

for the B & L.

In the am the Haven (JEWEL class ships) does has a mini buffet like set up with pasties.

Don't know about lunch snacks deli meats etc ??? but after 2 pm all I found was cookies and M & Ms ***

*** for me really couldn't ask for more LOL !

There is a small galley like room behind the Haven buffet with can beverages ice and a prep-area for

buffet items - door was open from time to time but did not see anything other than the above noted.

One interesting observation - on a wall inside that room were mug photos of all the registered Haven guests.

Photos taken at check-in before boarding - so the staff knows who belongs and doesn't.

There is one late afternoon Captain's party for all suites held in the Haven pool area.

Certainly not worth a full $1k (double occupancy) - maybe at half that.

My game plan book the deck 11 2BR suite and LOW bid on the Haven 2BR 

1 hour ago, Sea saw 56 said:

Are the balconies in the 2BR Haven suites big enough for two loungers?

No they are not. They are small and can only fit 2 chairs with a small table.

OP, having traveled with kids in the non-haven 2br, no it is not worth it. You would be paying 1k for the little haven area and the sun deck. If it were an "away" ship, I would say yes due to the restaurant, lounge and sundeck. Although this would never occur because there are no non-haven suites available on those ships. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craig-n-carol said:

No they are not. They are small and can only fit 2 chairs with a small table.

OP, having traveled with kids in the non-haven 2br, no it is not worth it. You would be paying 1k for the little haven area and the sun deck. If it were an "away" ship, I would say yes due to the restaurant, lounge and sundeck. Although this would never occur because there are no non-haven suites available on those ships. 

On those -AWAY class ships the Haven area is triple the Haven of the JEWEL class and on two decks.

Wanting balcony space on the JEWEL class look at the 4 OS forward decks 9 & 10 with double balconies and Haven access.

2 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

On those -AWAY class ships the Haven area is triple the Haven of the JEWEL class and on two decks.

Wanting balcony space on the JEWEL class look at the 4 OS forward decks 9 & 10 with double balconies and Haven access.

Yes they are way bigger Havens on away class than jewel class.

We have been in one of those OS's on the Star, which is essentially the same size ship and layout minus the Haven as Jewel class ships. There are 2 balconies, one forward facing and one side facing, and they are huge! The rooms are huge and the balconies are huge. This would be the only reason I would upgrade, but I think it would be considerably more for the OS if it's even available. 

On 3/4/2020 at 1:53 PM, landsear said:

In your opinion, is it worth 1k to upgrade? I'm thinking no?

I assume you have kids, so the private pool is nice, but not necessary. I wouldn’t spend the money. You get all other perks of the Haven with the exception of access to the pool and courtyard.