DO NORO CLEANING PROCEDURES WORK FOR COVID-19

Photo_Traveler

12 minutes ago, Photo_Traveler said:

The title says it all.    When I board the ship, I want to be sure that the ship is squeaky clean.  

So, does the NORO cleaning process also eliminate the Corona Virus. 

Thank You! 

Mike 

If the process is simply wiping down surfaces, no. Requires a spray mist to cover all exposed areas. I have no idea how Celebrity is cleaning the ship but a 100% cleaning would take time.

Again your question was eliminate - not 99.9% but 100%.

FWIW DH and I are still planning a TA to the UK in April. DH travels with a 3oz bottle of grain alcohol. He sprays about on planes and cabin. Always has.

Squeaky clean? Yup. Absolutely virus free? Not likely, especially with a few thousand crew and passengers.

A forum on cruising is probably not the best source of info for what you are asking, but according to a few medical websites (and we all know if its on the web, it has to be true!!) and watching ABC news right now, it states using Clorox which is used for viruses such as the flu and norovirus is effective against COVID-19......but that is just stuff on the internet and what I just heard on the TV. 

As to ‘squeaky clean’, good luck on that concept. There’s no such thing. You wipe it down, then a few minutes, someone who hasn’t washed their hands touches it.......no idea how long the Clorox is effective after being wiped on. 

Den

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

This is a forum for Celebrity Cruising, not for medical information.  You can try the “ask a cruise question” board, or the Floataway board

^^^^ This ^^^^ ..... this is out of control and turned this board into a non Celebrity related germ forum.

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

^^^^ This ^^^^ ..... this is out of control and turned this board into a non Celebrity related germ forum.

For better or worse, many Celebrity cruisers are worried about the Coronavirus.  To  me, the virus is just as worthy of discussion here as beef sliders, drinks, slow boarding, etc.  If you do not want to read about the virus, just skip the threads about the virus.  I do that with many topics I am not interested in.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

This is a forum for Celebrity Cruising, not for medical information.  You can try the “ask a cruise question” board, or the Floataway board

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

As all eyes turn toward toward the cruise industry as ships are being turned away from ports, and people with health concerns are trying to make informed decisions, this is a question for all forums. It's always the uninformed who wind up spreading diseases because they think they are "germs."

• Like 2

To answer the question, no. While we know what cleanliness is next to, according to the CDC:

The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
    Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Thanks to all who responded. I appreciated your input. I guess the best policy is to act like we are on a ship with Noro, wash our hands, wipe down our cabin, avoid touching railings and elevator buttons directly, etc..., There was another CC member I followed,when cruising the Caribbean, who ended most of their posts with ‘Washy Washy”. Quite appropriate For this situation. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

7 hours ago, Photo_Traveler said:

Thanks to all who responded. I appreciated your input. I guess the best policy is to act like we are on a ship with Noro, wash our hands, wipe down our cabin, avoid touching railings and elevator buttons directly, etc..., There was another CC member I followed,when cruising the Caribbean, who ended most of their posts with ‘Washy Washy”. Quite appropriate For this situation. emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...and keep 6 feet away from other passengers.

One other thing to keep in mind is that currently they are not even sure if COVID-19 can spread via surfaces like flu. Per the CDC:

Spread from contact with infected surfaces or objects

It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.

17 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I tried posting here a suggestion to ban posting of general Corona Virus material here but the Moderator moved it to the CC Help board.... lots of good it will be there.

Recommend we all start flagging posts that are off topic to help the moderator move them.   Just click the "Report" button at the top of a post.

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I tried posting here a suggestion to ban posting of general Corona Virus material here but the Moderator moved it to the CC Help board.... lots of good it will be there.

Recommend we all start flagging posts that are off topic to help the moderator move them.   Just click the "Report" button at the top of a post.

While I can understand that the fear over Covid-19 can get annoying, especially on some of the more fear-mongering threads, it is still an issue that impacts our cruising, and therefore a valid topic. 

Some threads (like this one) that are rationally discussing effective precautions we can take while still being able to cruise are actually helpful. It certainly reminded me to update my packing list on the off chance we could be quarantined.

Just because you aren't concerned doesn't mean it isn't a valid discussion. 

• Like 1