New travel policy coming soon from Royal

Royal Caribbean has just announced a “cruise with confidence“ policy allowing cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing. They are providing future cruise credit  

I don’t have a link, but it was on Yahoo finance at 10 am this morning. The article I am reading says that full details can be found on the website. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Royal Caribbean has just announced a “cruise with confidence“ policy allowing cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing. They are providing future cruise credit  

I don’t have a link, but it was on Yahoo finance at 10 am this morning. 

m

Great move on their part.

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t have a link, but it was on Yahoo finance at 10 am this morning. The article I am reading says that full details can be found on the website. 

Link to Yahoo article: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/royal-caribbean-group-adopts-cruise-150000635.html

4 minutes ago, ridge123 said:

My cruise is oasis of the seas this Sunday. What does “up to 48 hours” mean? 

I think you would still have time to cancel if you were to call today... if that is what you wanted to do.

I guess 48 hours before the sail date?

Edited by soremekun

The press release is lacking details. Like, if you cancel and get the credit to use on a future cruise are they going to charge the “change fee” when you actually do pick a cruise date in the future?

What about pre purchased shore excursions?

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I think you would still have time to cancel if you were to call today... if that is what you wanted to do.

I guess 48 hours before the sail date?

I'm thinking they mean 48 hours before departure time which would be 4 or 5pm today.  I would certainly make sure to get the name of whomever you speak to if you cancel today for Sunday

Just now, SkierRobUMN said:

They will be refunded back to the card you purchased them with.    Just like what happened to us when we took a FCC because of a shortened Harmony cruise because of Dorian

2 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

The press release is lacking details. Like, if you cancel and get the credit to use on a future cruise are they going to charge the “change fee” when you actually do pick a cruise date in the future?

Shore excursions, gratuities, drink packages, and anything else through the cruise planner will be refunded to form of payment. Same as if you cancel with penalty or even just no-show for a cruise.

For your first question, I don't think I understand. There is no change fee. If you cancel a covered cruise you will receive a FCC for 100% of the cruise cost you paid that you can apply to another cruise this year or next.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Waiting to see details but I'm sure it will be similar to Princess.  The 48 hour only applies to sailing that are currently close to departure.

It says all cruises with sail dates before Juny 31, 2020  No OBC for sailing like Princess is offering

Edited by molly361

Just received this email:

Dear Travel Partner,

As the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we understand your clients may be concerned about booking new cruises or about their upcoming travel plans. So, we're introducing a new, temporary change to our cancellation policy that gives your clients the flexibility to make the best choice for their vacation. All new and current bookings for sailings on or before July 31st, 2020 can now cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure with our new Cruise With Confidence policy.

As always, thank you for your support and partnership!

CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE

We're happy to introduce a new, temporary change to our cancellation policy that gives you the flexibility to make the best choice for you and those in your party. All guests who are currently booked on sailings on or before July 31st, 2020 can now cancel their reservation up to 48 hours to departure.

If you cancel outside of final payment:

• If you booked a Non-Refundable Deposit program - you'll receive a Future Cruise Certificate in the value of your deposit and a refund for all other funds paid.
  • If you booked a standard promotion - you'll receive a full refund of all amounts paid.

After final payment, if you cancel up to 48 hours before your sailing:

• You'll receive credit for any funds held in penalty to use on a cruise sailing before December 31st, 2021.
    • You can expect to receive your credit via email within 1 week of when you cancel your booking.

We hope that this new policy provides you with comfort - knowing you can choose to sail as planned or at a later time. Either way, we want you to have the perfect cruise vacation. Since this policy is new, we've included some answers to questions you may have below. Please note that this policy is subject to change.

The health, safety, and comfort of our guests and crew remain our highest priority. To learn more about how we are keeping our ships in tip top shape and for insights into our travel regulations, click here.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to seeing you onboard very soon!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez

AVP | Guest Experience

Royal Caribbean International

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

1) What precautions have been taken to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus while onboard?

• All terminal and ship access points are being thoroughly sanitized before and after all sailings. In addition, high traffic areas onboard, including restrooms and public areas, are undergoing extensive cleaning each evening, over and above the normal procedures. Daily announcements are being made to remind guests to wash their hands often, use recommended coughing etiquette, and report any illness symptoms immediately. Also, additional medical staff has been added and are providing complimentary medical consultations during each sailing. To learn more, visit our dedicated updates page here.

2) Do all sailings qualify for "Cruise with Confidence"?

• The "Cruise with Confidence" program covers all new and existing bookings departing before July 31st, 2020.

3) What if I want to change my ship and sail date instead of cancelling?

• Guests outside of final payment can change their ship and sail date. If you booked a Non-Refundable Deposit program, we'll waive the change fee for sailings through July 31st, 2020.

4) I'm within Final Payment and I know exactly when I want to cruise again. Can I just change my ship and sail date and not get the Future Cruise Certificate?

• We're happy to hear you've already planned your future cruise with us! Unfortunately, we won't be able to change your ship and sail date within the Final Payment period. What we can do is create a new booking and collect deposit so it's ready to go when your Future Cruise Certificate becomes available to use. Don't worry - if the credit covers the deposit, it ends up going back to you. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor.

5) What is the process for cancelling my reservation?

• Should you be interested in cancelling or moving your existing reservation to an alternate ship or sailing, click here to get the process started. We'll automatically cancel your reservation and issue you your credit within a week of the date you cancel your booking so that you can rebook. If you decide to call us, please know wait times may be longer than expected.

6) Do the same parameters apply to both Group and Individual reservations?

• Both named Individual and Group reservations qualify for the "Cruise with Confidence" guidelines.

7)Will my air change fees be protected?

• If you've booked your air through our Air2Sea program and now wish to alter plans, you can do so with confidence! Royal Caribbean will handle all re-accommodations and we'll cover any change fees. You'll be responsible for any additional charges.
  • If you booked your air independently, please reach out to your air carrier for assistance with cancelling or changing your flight accommodations

😎 What about hotel and transfers? Will I receive a refund for those?

• If you purchased these with Royal Caribbean - they will be refunded. Anything purchased outside of Royal Caribbean is not covered.

9) Do standard Final Payment timelines still apply?

• Yes, full payment is still required on your Final Payment Date. Please reach out to your Travel Advisor or review your Booking Invoice for more information.

10) How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by this policy update?

• If you booked a Non-Refundable Deposit and wish to cancel outside of Final Payment, we'll provide you with an FCC for the full amount of your deposit, instead of taking a penalty of $100 USD per person. If you choose to change your ship and sail date outside of Final Payment, we'll waive the change fees for any sailings departing before July 31, 2020.

11) What if I booked with Royal Caribbean Travel Protection? Can I still use that to make a claim?

• If you booked and paid for Royal Caribbean Travel Protection, you can still file a claim for cancellation through AON. Please note, if you agree to receive a credit from AON, your Future Cruise Certificate from Royal Caribbean International will be inactivated. The benefits of Royal Caribbean Travel Protection will still apply if you choose to sail. We will not be refunding the amount of Royal Caribbean Travel Protection as our guests can still use this to claim other travel expenses.

12) How long will the Future Cruise Certificates be valid for?

• They will be valid for all sailings departing on or before December 31st, 2021.

13) What if I decide to cancel for the Future Cruise Credit and I already had an FCC on my reservation?

• You're in a unique situation, since you used a credit. Your original Future Cruise Certificate will be considered redeemed and used. You'll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate based on the cruise fare in penalty in your current booking. You're forfeiting your old credit, so you may want to wait to decide. We are optimistic that things will be more stable.

14) What will happen to my Onboard Credit if I cancel?

• Any Next Cruise Onboard Credits will be re-added to your booking if you change ship and sail date. And if you choose to cancel, it will be re-applied to your new booking. All other Onboard Credits will not move with your ship & sail date change and will not be honored on new bookings.

Brand

• Like 4