New travel policy coming soon from Royal

A lot can change before our cruise in mid-May.  We're past final payment so this is a really nice allowance for us if things deteriorate between now and then.  I still suspect that Liberty will be sailing just by virtue of never leaving the Caribbean, but time will tell.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

@molly361 check out questions 13 and 14.  Wonder how that applies to redeployment OBC.  They are allowing you to keep next cruise OBC.

Sure sounds like you would lose it  Not to mention my Beverage Gate drink package😇

Edited by molly361

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm thinking they mean 48 hours before departure time which would be 4 or 5pm today.  I would certainly make sure to get the name of whomever you speak to if you cancel today for Sunday

I guess we're both right?

At the top of the page, it says 48 hours before you sail.  In the FAQ section, it says 48 hours before your sail date.

Edited by soremekun

My cruise is too far out so we wouldnt qualify for this...........yet.   We are already on a FCC for the upcoming cruise.   The problem we found with the FCC we got for our Harmony cancellation because of Dorian, is that you will likely have to come up with significantly more money to use your FCC.  It was gonna cost us no less than 1500.00 more to get the same cabin for a different sailing because I had booked over 500 days out and got such a good deal.   We are going to Alaska on Ovation for less than that, airfare included.

Edited by ryano

Just now, soremekun said:

I guess we're both right?

At the top of the page, it says 48 hours before you sail.  In the FAQ section,not says 48 hours before your sail date.

I personally would not cut it that close, but that's just me  I would call 3 days out

• Like 2

I'm really happy  to see this. I think they are doing the right thing  by allowing people to cancel and giving the opportunity to book a future cruise. I  am sure some people will complain that they want their money back instead, but I think this is a fair compromise by RCL. Rather than losing all your money, you get a chance to book a future cruise. 

• Like 6

Damn, I was hoping for an OBC to maintain my booking.  I'm not bailing out, so the OBC would have been a nice bonus.  No real incentive for anyone currently booked NOT to cancel if they have any fears.  Might be a lot of half-empty ships sailing for the next few months.

ETA : They'll have to pry my $18/day drink package from my cold, dead, fingers.

Edited by Evilgrin72
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep just saw the terms posted above.  Much better than Carnival

That's subjective.  Royal has better dates for using the FCC but Carnival's kicking in OBC to keep your current sailings.
$200 for a 7 day cruise is nothing to sneeze at. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zeppgirl said:

Hahah yup.  We're only sailing in December so I'm not worried at this point, just curious(:

Long ways to go.  This just covered my cruise next week (still going) and my July Alaska cruise (hoping to go but to early to say for sure).  Still have 2 in November and one in December after that

3 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

That's subjective.  Royal has better dates for using the FCC but Carnival's kicking in OBC to keep your current sailings.
$200 for a 7 day cruise is nothing to sneeze at. 

Your'e right it is subjective but I don't think that $200 will get people to change their mind.  Its just like giving out free money.  Royal allowing until the end of July with 48 hours notice though is huge. carnival has a very short window in which to use their 72 hour cancel policy

Edited by Ourusualbeach