Steakhouse reservations

dukenmelo

We have 3 cabins that would like to dine in the steakhouse the first night.   If each cabin books separately online before we board, can we request to be seated together?  Thank you in advance for the answer!!

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

cabins should not matter. when you make a reservation, you select your party size. if you they are 6 people in your group then you should able to be a make a reservation for a party of 6 

The issue may be that on some ships you now have to pre pay if booking on line.

After everyone makes their reservation, then you can contact the steakhouse and tell them you want to sit together. We did this on my last cruise on the Legend as well as my next cruise on the Legend. They will respond. I always bring the email response with me when embarking. 

This is the email for the steakhouse on the Legend.

LESUPPER@carnival.com

For other ships you need their 2 letter identifier instead of LE for Legend.

Be warned, that if you sit at the same table, you will only get 1 bottle of wine.  We had that issue when 5 cabins all booked together and they would only give 1 bottle of wine.  So we said to split us up to different tables and bring out the 5 bottles.

1 hour ago, vwrestler171 said:

Be warned, that if you sit at the same table, you will only get 1 bottle of wine.  We had that issue when 5 cabins all booked together and they would only give 1 bottle of wine.  So we said to split us up to different tables and bring out the 5 bottles.

Were you given communion cups to serve the wine in?

• Haha 2

On 3/6/2020 at 10:17 PM, Carl Nival said:

Were you given communion cups to serve the wine in?

Not going to lie, but I had to Google what you were talking about.  We ended up getting the restaurant manager and she compromised to give us 3.  So we decided we would all just break down to 3 groups and then ask to be seated near each other.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:45 PM, vwrestler171 said:

Thank you!  I didn't realize that.

I think it depends on the ship. Our last cruise we were 2 couples at the same table at the Steakhouse. I got a bottle, my wife got a bottle and the other husband got a bottle -- 3 bottles for the table. My wife asked if we could get a bottle to take back to the room and the waitress said "absolutely, but I'll have to open it here." My wife said "not a problem, thank you very much."

We think different ships handle this in different ways.

On 3/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, tandemcruzr said:

I think it depends on the ship. Our last cruise we were 2 couples at the same table at the Steakhouse. I got a bottle, my wife got a bottle and the other husband got a bottle -- 3 bottles for the table. My wife asked if we could get a bottle to take back to the room and the waitress said "absolutely, but I'll have to open it here." My wife said "not a problem, thank you very much."

We think different ships handle this in different ways.

Which ship were you on?  We have had the issue on Miracle twice, Vista, and Horizon.  

4 minutes ago, coevan said:

your OBC is a credit on your S&S account, as you make purchases your OBC is reduced. Unless the Steakhouse is your only purchase, you don't have a choice how your OBC is used

I think what they’re saying is if you do want to use OBC on the steak house, don’t book ahead of time because then you have to pay ahead of time and it won’t go on your OBC. That’s why I didn’t book my specialty dining ahead of time last cruise.