I’ve seen enough, I cancelled

jknc

7 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Wonder why the number of people infected continues to grow.  Could it be that people are not listening and following the suggested guidelines?  Some people I know and have talked with don't have a clue but they are wondering why the shelves are bare at their favorite grocery store.  I am hunkered down at home watching my grass grow.  Would love for everyone to be able to do the same so we can get this over with.  Have a cruise in June and seriously doubt I will be headed to Europe.  April cruise already cancelled.

I wonder, right? .........   People are just plain ignorant and selfish.  

I'm glad you're doing distancing.  Read this article, interesting

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KelSny1011 said:

What's concerning for many of us is that we might not have a job after this all settles therefore having a FCC won't do us much good.  😐

Edit to add - I still riding out for a refund vs. a FCC

And no one is talking about this of course. Shut down economy= crushing stock portfolio loss- job loss- home equity loss. Add suicides to the Covid-19 list if this keeps up with the shutdowns because of stock crash and job loss, leading to people taking desperate measures. If they extend this just into April with closures, look out!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm very curious how the fcc would work if I get one.

So they said book another cruise, so does the fcc cover part of the deposit? The port fees and taxes refunded, the fcc just 125% of the cruise fare. Does it cover any of the new port fees and taxes?

If it doesnt cover the deposit or taxes and fees, I may have left over fcc. Carnival board says you can apply the left over as obc. I hear not on royal, I'd have to book another cruise to use up left overs... if the fcc doesnt cover any of my already made deposit.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Stressed enough.

Hey maybe my april 26th cruise will still happen?

One day at a time.

My understanding is port fees and taxes are automatically refunded when cancelled. The fcc is on the cruise portion only. If there is a leftover fcc you might consider upgrading and maybe paying a little extra instead of carrying over fcc.

8 minutes ago, WisconsinFan said:

My understanding is port fees and taxes are automatically refunded when cancelled. The fcc is on the cruise portion only. If there is a leftover fcc you might consider upgrading and maybe paying a little extra instead of carrying over fcc.

Yes, I know the port fees and taxes are refunded when cancelled.

What I am not knowing is if the fcc that is issued will cover any of the NEW fees and port taxes on the NEW booking, or the deposit I already made.

The new booking is actually about $25 more than what I think the fcc is going to be.

Lol since I'm april 26th, I'm not even cancelled nor do i have a fcc, or ever used one.

Just curious at this pt, maybe I'll get my april 26 cruise who knows for sure.

10 hours ago, loveheart said:

I am in the UK and have been told by my TA that even if Royal cancel my June cruise they will only issue me with credit. As I am flying to Barcelona and staying in a hotel for 1 night I will only get the value of the cruise back in credit and not the money for the flight and hotel. I will also lose my £700.00 deposit  if I cancel now. Although if I rebook a future cruise right away that £700.00 will be transferred to the new cruise.  I have 2 days to decide whether to pay the balance or cut my loses and cancel.

10 hours ago, loveheart said:

My TA didn't mention 125% FCC if Royal cancel so is this just if booked direct with them and not through a TA does any one know?

I'd love to know who the TA is.

This is how I see it: If outside final payment and YOU decide to cancel, then yes you will lose the deposit because at this stage the cruise is still going ahead. You will probably lose the cost of the hotel and flights too if booked independently.

June is a long way off. Personally I would pay the balance and see what happens nearer the time. If this all blows over you get to cruise, if not and  you decide to cancel, the “Cruise With Confidence” policy allows guests to cancel up to 48 hours before a sailing. Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of the guest’s choice in 2020 or 2021. The policy applies to both new and existing cruise bookings with a sailing date on or before July 31, 2020.

If flights and hotel were booked independently those costs will likely be lost unless the airline/hotel will allow them to be rescheduled.

If Royal cancel the cruise you will get 125% FCC which can be applied to a cruise or exchanged for 100% cash refund at any time up to 31st December 2021.

If the cruise is cancelled because of the virus then most likely the flights will also be cancelled and become refundable. I would hope that you have insurance in place for this as a last resort, just in case???

We've just been through all this with our March 29th cruise. 

Its a case of whose nerve holds out the longest.

Edited by icsys
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Wonder why the number of people infected continues to grow.  Could it be that people are not listening and following the suggested guidelines?  Some people I know and have talked with don't have a clue but they are wondering why the shelves are bare at their favorite grocery store.  I am hunkered down at home watching my grass grow.  Would love for everyone to be able to do the same so we can get this over with.  Have a cruise in June and seriously doubt I will be headed to Europe.  April cruise already cancelled.

The number is growing because we finally have tests and testing stations. People who have to work are still walking around and possibly are within the 14 day incubation period not knowing they have it because they don't show symptoms. My wife has a co worker who tested positive on Monday. The last day they worked together was Friday and the girl only started to show symptoms on Sunday night.  My wife started working from home on Tuesday before she even knew the test results from the co-worker. I'm home for the next few weeks recovering from surgery. I thought I would be safe but DW could be Corvid-19 Mary right now but she isn't showing symptoms. Because there is a shortage of tests they will only test you if you have a temperature. I expect the numbers to grow in the next few weeks. Actually everyday the numbers are growing.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

You make a profit if you can book the same cruise for the same price you paid for the cancelled one, sailing on the same ship, same date. For kicks I picked out a cruise that would be covered by the cancellation policy and compared it to the exact same one in 2021. 25% isn't enough.

No surprise there. As the ships fill up with all of these FCC's being used the price will climb even higher.

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I mentioned that there will be more cases in mexico and other ports.

I dont think I missed it at all.

In fact I heard the president of mexico was sneering at our precautions and holding large festivals as recently as last weekend. That there may be a new surge at the border and texas Ariz and Calif at risk.

.... which is why I mentioned mexico in particular... sick people coming over our border could make the US situation worse ... and cruising. I think this is far from over if other countries wouldnt take precautions.

I'm just suggesting we be patient with rcl cancelling and refunds. .. and I'm hoping for a vaccine sooner rather than later or next winters cruises also in jeopardy.

Au contraire.  The governor of Coahuila has announced restaurants have to reduce the number of patrons in their establishments and will move to take out only.  Car plants here are shuttering as they are in the US and Europe.  FCA and GM have started to close their plants.  All production facilities from furniture to washing machines have implemented screening procedures for employees and will take them out of the line to the plant straight to a waiting doctor to be examined.   Anyone who can work from home is working from home for the next 2 weeks.  ALL Americans in the plants down here have been recalled back to the States last week.  Believe me, they are taking this seriously and are taking precautions.   Let's make the news real again.

14 minutes ago, Magicat said:

Au contraire.  The governor of Coahuila has announced restaurants have to reduce the number of patrons in their establishments and will move to take out only.  Car plants here are shuttering as they are in the US and Europe.  FCA and GM have started to close their plants.  All production facilities from furniture to washing machines have implemented screening procedures for employees and will take them out of the line to the plant straight to a waiting doctor to be examined.   Anyone who can work from home is working from home for the next 2 weeks.  ALL Americans in the plants down here have been recalled back to the States last week.  Believe me, they are taking this seriously and are taking precautions.   Let's make the news real again.

Good to hear.

Last I heard they had some big, well attended festival.

Well every country has its issues. CNN keeps showing pictures of full beaches in florida full of partying kids. 

Churches here are supposed to cut attendees in half. Well so far that isnt working, how can a church decide who gets inside or not.

If you have underlying or over 70, only groups of 10 allowed. Shelter in place. Our mayor said we could still walk or jog as long as we maintained the 6 ft rule. Lol. 

I think we need to get the panic down, they say farm jobs are not being filled, they could work there if they wanted work, food supply at risk if farms cant find workers. They say there are jobs that they could maintain 6 ft rule, like manufacturing etc. We need people to go back to work where it's safe or we could be in another great depression. 

18 hours ago, icsys said:

I'd love to know who the TA is.

This is how I see it: If outside final payment and YOU decide to cancel, then yes you will lose the deposit because at this stage the cruise is still going ahead. You will probably lose the cost of the hotel and flights too if booked independently.

June is a long way off. Personally I would pay the balance and see what happens nearer the time. If this all blows over you get to cruise, if not and  you decide to cancel, the “Cruise With Confidence” policy allows guests to cancel up to 48 hours before a sailing. Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of the guest’s choice in 2020 or 2021. The policy applies to both new and existing cruise bookings with a sailing date on or before July 31, 2020.

If flights and hotel were booked independently those costs will likely be lost unless the airline/hotel will allow them to be rescheduled.

If Royal cancel the cruise you will get 125% FCC which can be applied to a cruise or exchanged for 100% cash refund at any time up to 31st December 2021.

If the cruise is cancelled because of the virus then most likely the flights will also be cancelled and become refundable. I would hope that you have insurance in place for this as a last resort, just in case???

We've just been through all this with our March 29th cruise. 

Its a case of whose nerve holds out the longest.

Thank you for your reply. I booked a package through the TA, hotel flights and cruise so if Royal cancel I am still unsure about the air fare and hotel. If I can't fly to Barcelona then I guess I will have to cancel the cruise and I should get the flight money refunded. I don't know what I paid for the different segments  of the holiday so it's hard to know what I will be refunded and by whom.