for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Cynthia - Isn't it a good feeling when you get to finally see something you've read and thought about for years?  That was my thing with Abu Simbel.  

Matcha pudding with adzuki beans on the bottom.  Yum!    Or was it natto at the bottom?  Ugh.

Lois - Good to know you're having fun on your journeys.  Did the cool & windy go away?  I think it came here!  Sunny but windy and makes the 40s feel like 30s!  

I'm learning a women's L isn't always a L.  I still can't just pick up a L and have it fit.  Frustrating as sin.  Some of the things I got yesterday just didn't fit my shoulders & bust.  The one cashmere zipper sweater was a major disappointment.  But, the other 2 sweaters and duster are perfect.  I could have had 3 pair of jeans but I didn't want to try them on and not have them fit...  I wish I could go over to her villa in Tuscany and try some of her things there (she's leaving in a week to go back over for another month, poor thing). 

OOTD:  my blue & white long sleeve Tshirt, blue jeans, my Merrell Moabs.  

• Like 1

Oh, I meant to let you know...

I finally got all the intelligence on the villa my owners owns in Tuscany.  It's managed by Timbers Resorts for her and her DH.  I did a web research on the area - Holly Cow!!!   The area is Casole d'Elsa and the name of the properties they manage is Casali di Casole.   Since they don't rent out their condo here, I'm betting they don't do it there and Timbers just manages it.   I'd take a week there as my gratuity for the year 😜  I'd match it up with my hair stylist's week on the Residensea she had as a gratuity from a client a few years ago!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - Isn't it a good feeling when you get to finally see something you've read and thought about for years?  That was my thing with Abu Simbel.  

Matcha pudding with adzuki beans on the bottom.  Yum!    Or was it natto at the bottom?  Ugh.

Lois - Good to know you're having fun on your journeys.  Did the cool & windy go away?  I think it came here!  Sunny but windy and makes the 40s feel like 30s!  

I'm learning a women's L isn't always a L.  I still can't just pick up a L and have it fit.  Frustrating as sin.  Some of the things I got yesterday just didn't fit my shoulders & bust.  The one cashmere zipper sweater was a major disappointment.  But, the other 2 sweaters and duster are perfect.  I could have had 3 pair of jeans but I didn't want to try them on and not have them fit...  I wish I could go over to her villa in Tuscany and try some of her things there (she's leaving in a week to go back over for another month, poor thing). 

OOTD:  my blue & white long sleeve Tshirt, blue jeans, my Merrell Moabs.  

Sizing is all over the place. Can’t just say I’m a size 10 & walk out with it, always have to try on. Where you didn’t spend anything on the sweater, would it be worthwhile to see about getting it altered?  I’ve discovered I love dusters

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Sizing is all over the place. Can’t just say I’m a size 10 & walk out with it, always have to try on. Where you didn’t spend anything on the sweater, would it be worthwhile to see about getting it altered?  I’ve discovered I love dusters

The sweater sadly didn't have enough on the seams to even think of getting it altered. 

I still have a hard time thinking my topside isn't an 18 or 16 anymore.   Well, depends it can be a 16, but I'm able to do more 14s.   I can almost walk in and say size 10 or M for my bottom, though.  

It got better today.  She brought down a shopping cart filled with her pantry staples!!  All unused, all still good.  Ended up with a big bag of goodies.  And she brought me the rest of her K-cups since I took one of her Keurig's.

They leave tomorrow, so the "gifting" will be over.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Thankfully it wasn’t natto - an acquired taste that I just haven’t managed to acquire!

• Haha 1

Cynthia, what a charming village! I can see why you wanted to visit. Nice that the weather cooperated.

You are so right, Melody, about sizing for women’s clothing. Certainly makes it hard to order online. I’ve had sizing vary even if I am trying on the same item but in a different color. BTW hope your skin biopsies came out ok.

You really scored, Kat! Kinda’ makes up for some of the frustration you had over other guests’ behavior. Does your owner live in Italy or are these 2 condos vaca homes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Cynthia, what a charming village! I can see why you wanted to visit. Nice that the weather cooperated.

You are so right, Melody, about sizing for women’s clothing. Certainly makes it hard to order online. I’ve had sizing vary even if I am trying on the same item but in a different color. BTW hope your skin biopsies came out ok.

You really scored, Kat! Kinda’ makes up for some of the frustration you had over other guests’ behavior. Dothes your owner live in Italy or are these 2 condos vaca homes?

Yesterday was the last day of the season for me.  Just me, the maintenance guy and my favorite owners! It was totally quiet.  I had my speaker cranked up more than usual and did a lot of walking to fend off the boredom.  The owners had some lovely parting gifts for me as they cleaned out their refrigerator: 2 bottles of Veuve, a bottle each of Grey Goose and Absolute Vanilla, and 3 shopping bags full of various frozen foods, condiments and goodies.  I won't have to grocery shop until I get back from Alaska!  

These owners live in Nashville, TN.  They have a penthouse downtown there.  They have another home somewhere in the vicinity.  They have a condo in Knoxville, TN so they can go to the sporting events.  They have a vaca place down on Siesta Key, FL.  And, the villa in Tuscany.  those are the ones I know about.  They are very down-to-earth people - you'd never know they have all this money.  Self-made, too.

Yesterday's OOTD:  totally casual - my Free People hiking pants, oversize henley, and my Moab Mid boots.  I figured I'd be comfy if I was going to be doing nothing.  

Today's OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt.  It's raining/snowing outside today so I'm going nowhere and doing nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat those are the owners that keep you coming back to that winter job

Exactly!   I have 3 owner that I adore and they all said that I had better come back.  I'll probably do it but I'm trying to decide if I am going to do full time Winter or maybe 3 days/week.  I have a couple of months to decide.  

Today the weather is cooperating so I'm going down the mountain to 1) visit my dental hygenist, 2) go to REI for the rain shell, 3) go to Sephora and pick up my shampoo and conditioner, 4) go to Trader Joe's for sunflower seeds for Squirrel and snacks for me.   First time in awhile that I've been able to do down to the Valley.

OOTD:  Monday redo:  Free People hiking pants, henley, Moabs.   This will definitely be one of my Alaska outfits!  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 3:58 PM, slidergirl said:

I may take a couple of the necklaces on the cruise.  It's that old hippie look!!

If you want to look, the company is "Melody Vintage Jewelry".  

Purple - there are two stores in NC that sell her stuff - Ziabird in Wilmington and All Through the House in Winston-Salem.  Some of the pieces could be up your alley, too!

I'll check it out!

We are back from our cruise. Great weather. The only sunburn I got was on my neck when I was being healthy and going for a walk in FLL. 🌞 Dave struggled with his hip in San Juan. I offered to cab it from the fort to the ship, but he wanted to walk. We had to stop and let him rest several times and he admitted that we should have cabbed it. Said downhill was much harder than he expected. He did a lot of sitting in the fort while I explored.

We missed the awful weather in FLL. As we were boarding our flight home Sunday afternoon, a woman in first class said she'd been trying to get out since  Wednesday. There was still standing water everywhere.

DSC02607.JPG

DSC02824.JPG

Edited by PurpleHays
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I'll check it out!

We are back from our cruise. Great weather. The only sunburn I got was on my neck when I was being healthy and going for a walk in FLL. 🌞 Dave struggled with his hip in San Juan. I offered to cab it from the fort to the ship, but he wanted to walk. We had to stop and let him rest several times and he admitted that we should have cabbed it. Said downhill was much harder than he expected. He did a lot of sitting in the fort while I explored.

We missed the awful weather in FLL. As we were boarding our flight home Sunday afternoon, a woman in first class said she'd been trying to get out since  Wednesday. There was still standing water everywhere.

DSC02607.JPG

DSC02824.JPG

Hope your hubby gets his hip fixed soon. Happy picture for your bday!!

• Like 1

Hi from Mykonos, last day of the cruise. It has been excellent and I will go into detail when I get home, which is on Saturday. Hope everyone is doing well

• Like 2

Everyone seems to be coming or going, lol.

@PurpleHays cute photos, love the monkey!

@Lois R Glad to hear you’ve enjoyed your Med cruise.

@slidergirl  When do you leave for your Alaska cruise?

My odyssey around Japan is wrapping up too. It’s been great (except for the uncooperative weather) but truthfully I’m ready to be home after a month away.

Today we finally reached Hokkaido. Cool weather, showery of course. Neat little port town, Otaru, that made it big as a result of herring fishing. The cherry blossoms are still not fully open here but we did see some flowering plums. 

91A7C486-2FB3-4102-A5CC-53A4B8A14AB2.thumb.jpeg.9b5b68c4d066806ca1bf466276396326.jpeg

DD3C46CC-9A88-4BDA-BCAA-E7D32BB15CC6.thumb.jpeg.cd6df35a226125d9a3d840e0f0178b0e.jpeg

FC5A05BC-37B5-4C0B-A73D-582FAFDEBD60.thumb.jpeg.47ab6b761250d107cbedda1703046207.jpeg

• Like 2

Purple - love the monkey shot!  Sorry DH wasn't a happy camper with his hip.  I hope it was a good cruise outside of that for the both of you.  He will be much happier when he gets that taken care of this year!

Lois - Happy that you have been enjoying the cruise.  Have a safe trip back home!

Cynthia - I didn't realize you were gone for a month!  Wish the weather had been more cooperative, but you made the most of it.  Your photos have been very nice.  

Snowed/freezing rain overnight and this morning.  Good thing I went down to the valley yesterday - the interstate down the mountain was black ice at the summit and there were cars and trucks strewn everywhere.  Shut it down for awhile.  

Dentist visit was good.  I do have to get an inlay done on my end upper tooth as it has a good crack in it.  It's a 2-visit thing so I'll get it done in June when I have nothing planned. 

Did my REI run in search of the rain shell.  I ended up with the Patagonia Torrentshell.  It fits well with room to have my Patagonia down sweater (it's really a jacket) underneath and have good movement.   I got the Coral color so it complements the bright red of the sweater.  I couldn't get generic black.  Ugh.  I wanted to get a pair of rain pants, too, as the ones I have are now 3 sizes too big and I can't get the waist tight enough to not fall down.  They really didn't have anything so I'll go to my 2 stores up here to check before I order online.  Picked up 2 more pair of socks to replace 2 that I wore through this Winter and a couple of Bobo's Bars as snacks for the cruise.   Then, I did a mini-TJ's run.  First time that I spent under $100 there.  Picked up some salad goodies for the week, a couple bags of sunflower seeds for Squirrel, some Spindrift waters, some almonds and a trail mix for the cruise, and a bag of Cacio e Pepe corn & rice puffs.  They just sounded good, and yes, they taste good.  If you like cheese puffs, give them a try.  A very subtle taste with a little pepper lingering on the tongue.  The rice gives it a little more of a good crunch.  

Staying off the streets & roads today, so OOTD is sweats and a Tshirt.  I have to do some laundry!!!

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 12:01 PM, slidergirl said:

Purple - love the monkey shot!  Sorry DH wasn't a happy camper with his hip.  I hope it was a good cruise outside of that for the both of you.  He will be much happier when he gets that taken care of this year!

DH took that picture with my "real" camera. Most of the ones he took had the monkey's butt, but he got two where the critter is actually looking at the camera. He done good! 

He went to PT today to get all the exercises and advice to prehab his hip. He said there's a ton of them to do daily. I hope he's motivated and does them. I think he understands that it will make his rehab easier--not that it will be a piece of cake. . . We had planned on aiming for early September surgery, then my daughter asked how I felt about her getting married in Cabo. I'm for it, but want to know when! I told her we go back to the doc in July, so we'll need a date before then so that we can plan around that. That flight won't be easy if he's too close to his surgery/post op.

Ready for the weekend. Watching the Canes/Isles games (tonight/Sunday) and skating tomorrow morning. Not much else planned.

OOTD: Scrubs since I went to work. 🦴😷

• Like 1

Hi girls, I am home.........and guess what? I booked a cruise for August too LOL......(is anyone really surprised?)🙂.  I had been looking for a sailing this summer and got a great deal while I was on board.

12 nights around the British Isles. First time visiting any of the places on the itinerary. They were running a special on this sailing......saved me an extra 25%😀 and especially for a solo. I am happy.

Cruise starts in Southhampton and ends in Copenhagen.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I am home.........and guess what? I booked a cruise for August too LOL......(is anyone really surprised?)🙂.  I had been looking for a sailing this summer and got a great deal while I was on board.

12 nights around the British Isles. First time visiting any of the places on the itinerary. They were running a special on this sailing......saved me an extra 25%😀 and especially for a solo. I am happy.

Welcome home, Lois!  That sounds like an amazing cruise you have booked! I have always wanted to cruise around the British Isles!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, thanks so much. Packing for that one? It will be different LOL......I know that part of the world is normally cold....even in the summertime. I will check the weather as usual but I have a feeling touring will be long sleeves and pants with jackets. etc.....

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

That sounds fabulous!!

Hi Janet, thanks so much. I am definitely looking forward to it.

I got home and guess what? My garbage disposal has seemed to have died......I always run the water when I turn it on and today nothing happened.☹️.....certainly cannot have it that way.....it keeps the drain clog free.....not sure what is going on with it but tomorrow I will call the plumber. I know I got new one a few years ago. Not sure how long they are supposed to last or why its not working. Hopefully they can come out tomorrow and fix it.