for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

To everyone traveling this weekend, stay safe

Hi Melody, thanks and hope you and Les are doing well. I leave early tomorrow morning so there should not be too much traffic on the roads to the airport. 

And thank Les for his service for me😀

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois -- hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise!!

Sorry I've been so absent lately, it's been a heck of a week. Found out today that I need a dental implant PLUS a root canal and a crown. 😭

Cynthia - UGH!!!  Not fun and it's a chunk of money.  Good luck with that.  

19 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Wow Cynthia three procedures !

You must be in pain with all that going on in your mouth.

Change of subject any Barcelona restaurant recommendations ?

I am not sure if we need to book or just turn up at places

Melissa - I haven't been to Barca in years so I can't recommend any places to eat.  Honestly, one of my favorite things was to go shopping in La Boqueria, picking up some bread, veggies, meats and making a meal out of it.   I would recommend looking through Eater Barcelona and The Fork Barcelona websites to get some ideas.   Enjoy your trip!!

• Like 1

I am sitting at the gate at the airport and we should be boarding in about 15 minutes. Supposed to fly out at 9:30. 

Will try to check in during the week🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

I am sitting at the gate at the airport and we should be boarding in about 15 minutes. Supposed to fly out at 9:30. 

Will try to check in during the week🙂

I hope you have safe travels and a wonderful cruise!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - UGH!!!  Not fun and it's a chunk of money.  Good luck with that.  

Yeah, I'm just finding out my retiree dental coverage isn't as good as it was pre-retirement. 🙄

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 7:34 PM, MrToblerone said:

Change of subject any Barcelona restaurant recommendations ?

I am not sure if we need to book or just turn up at places

I also haven't been to Barcelona since about 2017 and the food scene there is so vibrant that I'd probably look for recent recommendations. This site usually is trustworthy (though I'd skip the Asian recommendations):

https://www.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-barcelona-spain

Dinner is very late in Barcelona for locals. I seem to remember a lot of places don't even open until 8:00 pm. Unless it's a really hot place, showing up when they open will probably get you a table as long as it's not a big party. 

Given the crowds in Europe these days, if there are any places you really want to be sure to go to, I'd try to reserve in advance.

• Like 1

Purple - I was looking at the Osprey site this morning for some dimensions of a bag.  I saw that their website has the hydration bag for the Daylite on sale for $18.  

A rainy day here at my altitude, but about 300ft up it snowed overnnight.  

Cynthia - I ended up getting my insurance through my dentist.  It's been reasonable.  I always wonder why dental is so bad - our mouths/teeth get worse as we age!!

OOTD:  rainy day clothes - my Vuori joggers and a long sleeve Tshirt.  Not worth going out anywhere today for anything...

• Like 2

Beautiful day here, got everything ready to pack for Hawaii. Packing for land vacations is a lot lighter than cruising!!!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Beautiful day here, got everything ready to pack for Hawaii. Packing for land vacations is a lot lighter than cruising!!!  

Which island?

I am on the flight to Barcelona with 5 hours to go . So far from new zealand . 
i have booked a tapas bar called Tapeo which sounds good . 
We land in Barcelona at 9am and really hoping the hotel will be able to give us an early check in after 24 hours traveling, we were lucky to have a shower in Singapore , makes a huge difference

You implant reminds me of when I went to the dentist in Barcelona with pain before covid , it all looked very fancy. The dentist said nothing showed but when i got home i was told my tooth was cracked and now beyond repair and had to get an implant!

• Like 2

Safe travels to everyone!  Melody, have a great time and Melissa, you too🙂

• Like 2

Safe travels, Melody!

Safe travels to you also, Melissa!  We will be in Barcelona in early November so I would love to hear about restaurants, hotel, etc.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

@slidergirl I do not have rain pants yet, but will add them to my slowly acquiring list.

I was able to add the week prior, so we'll have two weeks in Grand Teton/Yellowstone. I'm still looking at airfare and vehicle rental, plus need to add more hotel/lodge nights.  It feels like we're spending a fortune on sightseeing, but we want to see as much as we can before DH loses his sight (he had both glaucoma and macular degeneration). We'll spend more, but we'll also have some more down time and see more things.

My Mom said we spent two weeks the summer we went as kids. (southern coastal GA to STL to Rushmore/Badlands/Yellowstone/Grand Teton). She reminded me to not try to do too much while we're there.

On 5/25/2024 at 3:38 PM, slidergirl said:

Purple - I was looking at the Osprey site this morning for some dimensions of a bag.  I saw that their website has the hydration bag for the Daylite on sale for $18.  

Hmmm. Not a bad price.

• Like 2