for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

54 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Our daughter (the one who cruised with us) was named head girls swim coach yesterday. Every single girl on the team emailed or texted her telling her how happy they were that she was going to be their new coach. What a great way to make a coach feel welcome!  Nice to see. Melody

Good morning Melody, congrats to your daughter😀 and oh yes, what a nice thing for all the girls to have done!!!!  After seeing so much bullying out there, it almost makes me cry to read they did such a kind thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning Melody, congrats to your daughter😀 and oh yes, what a nice thing for all the girls to have done!!!!  After seeing so much bullying out there, it almost makes me cry to read they did such a kind thing.

We felt the same way. She’s had all of the girls in one or another of her classes & she’s been hoping to get this coaching job for several years (the former coach finally resigned, stating lack of parental support). FYI, most of the parents left her messages too saying how much they’re looking forward to this season. Very positive start for everyone. 

• Like 2

Well, I'm almost packed & ready to go 🙂 

Will do a few hours of work in the morning/early afternoon...  DD & SIL will meet up with us, pet/house sitter arrives tomorrow & then we're on our way 😉.  Haven't been on Holland America in 10 years, how time flies...

taking super casual clothing, didn't get around to buying anything....have a black off shoulder maxi dress, a few racer back style dresses, a swishy skirt, some shorts & tanks, & that's about it...  

Lois, if you leave before we return, bon voyage!!  

Happy Thanksgiving !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Well, I'm almost packed & ready to go 🙂 

Will do a few hours of work in the morning/early afternoon...  DD & SIL will meet up with us, pet/house sitter arrives tomorrow & then we're on our way 😉.  Haven't been on Holland America in 10 years, how time flies...

taking super casual clothing, didn't get around to buying anything....have a black off shoulder maxi dress, a few racer back style dresses, a swishy skirt, some shorts & tanks, & that's about it...  

Lois, if you leave before we return, bon voyage!!  

Happy Thanksgiving !

Hey Debbie,🙂 I am here till Dec 1st..........how long will you be away? And what ship are you sailing?

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well and BIG BON VOYAGE🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hey Debbie,🙂 I am here till Dec 1st..........how long will you be away? And what ship are you sailing?

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well and BIG BON VOYAGE🙂

Hi Lois, we'll be gone about 10 days...  we're on the Koningsdam..   🙂  a little more work & we will be out of here lol,   thank you for the bon voyage!

Edit to add:  we both just tested negative, so woo hoo!

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 1

@awhfy  Belated congrats to your daughter, I'm sure she will be great in her new role!

@cruise kitty  Bon voyage -- hope you enjoy your HAL cruise. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when you get back on HAL vs. Celebrity.  I used to think HAL wasn't too far below Celebrity and like their itineraries but some of the posts since re-start have been a little disheartening.  

I am going to start the weekend with a double-shot tonight. Not limoncello (unfortunately) but vaccines. Getting my flu shot and my COVID booster in about an hour. I figure I can take it easy this weekend if I feel lousy.

• Like 1

@cruisemom42  I'd take that shot or limoncello anyway!   I go in tomorrow for my booster.  It is hard to get in for Moderna.  The County gave that out for the 2 shots from the start for the first 3 months so more people looking for Moderna.  You could get a walk-in for Pfizer or J&J at a pharmacy.

Got all depressed from binge-watching Dopesick so I figured I'd stay in that hole and I started watching Narcos Mexico.  My dentist recommended it.  About the Mexico drug stuff and guns-for-dope in Nicaragua during Reagan.  Pretty darn dark.  Another drama based on reality.  

I'm going to make another batch of ribollita tomorow or Sunday so that I have some leftover to take to lunch on Monday.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'd take that shot or limoncello anyway!   I go in tomorrow for my booster.

I've found unfortunately that shots and shots don't mix well for me. Better safe than sorry. I'm just chilling on my couch catching up on some British mystery series. Tame stuff -- no Narcos for me. 

Good luck with your booster tomorrow!

• Like 1

Today is craft fair day with my girls & youngest grandgirl. Tomorrow is little Thanksgiving at our teacher daughter’s then we’ll help them do ceramic wood planks (no other way to describe it) in their entry ways on Monday & Tuesday. By we’ll help, I run the things through the tile saw & play with the grandpup. DH will do the measuring & marking (he’s a tile perfectionist). Wednesday is pie day (3 apple, 2 blueberry, 2 cherry, 4 chocolate cream, a pecan & 2 chocolate pecan…I don’t do pumpkin, oldest daughter does that one. I’ll also make tapioca pudding. 

Thanksgiving day it’s off to oldest daughter’s house with pies for dinner. We’ll walk in put the pies down & be handed a box & a marker & go fill it for her move. She’s hosting 30+ people for Turkey, then moving into her new house on 8 Dec. the fill the box as you come in should help with her packing. I get the crystal animals & other breakables to wrap & box.

it’s going to be a busy week!! Melody

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alidor said:

Slidergirl - Narcos is a TERRIFIC show but there are 3 series and I recommend that you start with series one to get the full effect and the full story.

I think I am starting at the first one.   The lunatic brother creates Sinsimilla weed.  The ex-cop brother helps protect him and starts the distribution network.  It is a good show - it's interesting how the whole Mexican drug "corporation" was formed.  Some of it was a tad too graphic for me - like when the guy in Tijuana literally had his brains blown out the front of his head from behind.  

Cynthia - I'm not a British romantic person.  Never seen Downton Abbey, none of that stuff.  I didn't get that gene - I got the "dramatic/action" gene, I think.  

Melody - if I give you my address would you send one of those pie to me????  Or even some tapioca!!  I'm working Thursday so I need to entertain myself (I'll be the only one there).  

Ucky, snow/rain today.  I'll just put on some joggers, a short-sleeve T (for the shot) and a rain shell.  Of course, being Saturday, a baseball hat.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - I'm not a British romantic person.  Never seen Downton Abbey, none of that stuff.  I didn't get that gene - I got the "dramatic/action" gene, I think.  

Not Downton Abbey. More like vintage Inspector Morse and Inspector Lewis -- some of the best detective shows of all time (not just my opinion) because it is all about the twists and turns of the plot and not about violent action or forensics. In other words it's more like chess than paintball.

For lighter fare there is always Poirot, Marple. Or even more "lite":  Father Brown. 

And if you prefer a really comedic zany take, there is a series I loved called Agatha Raisin where a smart tough cookie Londoner who ran her own PR firm moves to the Cotswolds for a quieter life and starts solving murder mysteries. Best snappy dialogue and best clothing of any detective show! 

Funny -- I woke up this morning and felt fine after my shots, worked diligently all morning. Then sat down after lunch on the couch and dozed off -- only to wake up 4 hours later. I guess they ARE making me a bit tired. But other than that and a (not very) sore arm, I am okay.

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

14!

Reminds me of the mother of my best friend from college and early adulthood. She loved to bake and loved Thanksgiving. She started out making 3-4 traditional pies years ago (apple, sweet potato, pecan, and something else, I want to say with chocolate) to undying family acclaim. Over the years she'd want to try something new and her family always said "Fine, as long as you still make all the same ones you usually do."  At last count I think she was up to around 10 different pies!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Not Downton Abbey. More like vintage Inspector Morse and Inspector Lewis -- some of the best detective shows of all time (not just my opinion) because it is all about the twists and turns of the plot and not about violent action or forensics. In other words it's more like chess than paintball.

For lighter fare there is always Poirot, Marple. Or even more "lite":  Father Brown. 

And if you prefer a really comedic zany take, there is a series I loved called Agatha Raisin where a smart tough cookie Londoner who ran her own PR firm moves to the Cotswolds for a quieter life and starts solving murder mysteries. Best snappy dialogue and best clothing of any detective show! 

Funny -- I woke up this morning and felt fine after my shots, worked diligently all morning. Then sat down after lunch on the couch and dozed off -- only to wake up 4 hours later. I guess they ARE making me a bit tired. But other than that and a (not very) sore arm, I am okay.

Reminds me of the mother of my best friend from college and early adulthood. She loved to bake and loved Thanksgiving. She started out making 3-4 traditional pies years ago (apple, sweet potato, pecan, and something else, I want to say with chocolate) to undying family acclaim. Over the years she'd want to try something new and her family always said "Fine, as long as you still make all the same ones you usually do."  At last count I think she was up to around 10 different pies!

& that’s how it starts. I have a pie rack that holds 12 (bought it for $2 at an auction years ago & the kids said, Ma you need to fill it up, so I do. I’m actually down to 12 pies now. Someone else is doing pecan & a coconut cream. So I’ll drop one chocolate & the pecan. I enjoy it

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls,  Kat, I have never seen Downton Abbey either.  I am probably one of the very few people left who does not even have Netflix.

We don’t either. & I’ve not seen DA

I only got Netflix last year because there was something that I wanted to see and it was a Netflix thing.  I got Hulu because I wanted to see Nomadland.  I just didn't get rid of both when I finished.  I did that with HBO Max, though - enrolled, watched 1 thing I wanted, got rid of it.  

Got my "jab" yesterday.  So far, just a very sore arm (didn't have that before).  It woke me up a lot last night when I turned onto it.  So, I'm a tad tired.  I didn't plan anything for today, just in case things went a little askew.   But, I have to get to bed early tonight - 1st day of work tomorrow!  I have to be here at 9am - means I have to get up at 7:30am. That's going to be nasty.  No more late night TV.

Looks like it may be a sunny, but cool, day.  If it stays, I'm going to put out the lounge chair again and listen to some music again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I only got Netflix last year because there was something that I wanted to see and it was a Netflix thing.  I got Hulu because I wanted to see Nomadland.  I just didn't get rid of both when I finished.  I did that with HBO Max, though - enrolled, watched 1 thing I wanted, got rid of it.  

Got my "jab" yesterday.  So far, just a very sore arm (didn't have that before).  It woke me up a lot last night when I turned onto it.  So, I'm a tad tired.  I didn't plan anything for today, just in case things went a little askew.   But, I have to get to bed early tonight - 1st day of work tomorrow!  I have to be here at 9am - means I have to get up at 7:30am. That's going to be nasty.  No more late night TV.

Looks like it may be a sunny, but cool, day.  If it stays, I'm going to put out the lounge chair again and listen to some music again.  

Wow, hard to believe it is already time to for you to go back to work!  This year, unlike 2020, seems to have gone by very quickly!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

We are back from our cruise, weather was not so great but we had a good time.  As crazy as this sounds, we are leaving again on Sunday for a two week cruise, a B2B on Harmony but that is it until February. Unless a really good deal pops up!😂

OOTD is workout clothes.  I walked 7 miles this morning as have a few pounds to lose.  I noticed at the end of this last cruise that my clothing seemed a little snug. Might have been the guacamole and margaritas in Cozumel😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2