for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Kat, feeling a little better today is a good thing. We have several Dominos here and we did curbside pick up.  I expected to see a lot of cars waiting but we were the only one. Perhaps all delivery because of the main event? 

Debbie, we did go to bed but rather late. Just could no longer keep up with all the strategizing.  Will this be your first hair cut?

Got up early and went to TJ’s. Pumpkin stuff gone and Thanksgiving stuff now in stock.  We hadn’t been in a few weeks so the basket was full, so much so that they had to use 2 baskets for all the bags! That has never happened before. So I really had a holy **** moment when I saw the total. Had to reorganize the freezer to get it all put away. Did pick up some of the items that some on the thread have mentioned. Lois, I bought that yogurt dip you mentioned. Also bought lots of veggies to go with. 

Texted back and forth on our family group text as all of us kept an eye on the main event. Then DS & DIL sent their second sonogram picture which really made us smile.  

About Below Deck, I often wonder what ir costs to charter a private yacht for 3 or 4 days. Judging from the size of the tips that are given, it must be $$$$$$. It will be interesting to see how this season evolves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Ok, I’m going to have to look for Below Deck, sounds good & trashy. We binge watched Netflix the past few days, that’s worth the $$

Have you watched  Grace and Frankie? I binged on that series and  now wonder if/when the next season will be out. We have only had Netflix since the Pandemic took over our lives  and yes it’s worth the price.

Edited by purduemom1

12 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Have you watched  Grace and Frankie? I binged on that series and  now wonder if/when the next season will be out. We have only had Netflix since the Pandemic took over our lives  and yes it’s worth the price.

We’ve had Netflix since last week!  Still trying to maneuver around. Hubs really likes that it just segues into the next episode, no trying to figure out where it is & no commercials! Melody

• Like 1

All 3 Below Deck shows are good and trashy for mindless viewing.  

I absolutely need to hit TJ's for the Thanksgiving stuff!  In the refrigerated section, they usually have really good corn soufflÊ, stuffing, scalloped potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes. Those are my big buys when they come out.   I can make several meals out of those.  

I picked up a pair of the Athleta Delancy Moto Tights for work.  They're a little sassy but not skin tight.  They should be good for work.  

• Like 1

Hi ladies:)  

Sharon, yes this will be my first haircut.... & it is badly needed... but my hair is actually in ok shape because I pretty much haven't done anything to it other than wash & let air dry for almost 9 months now :classic_laugh:

Lois, I did way better on going to bed last night... & yes, this site looks completely different today...  hopefully no glitches like after the last big change.

I'm semi watching the Clark County guy doing a press conference, sounds like we won't have official results for quite some time, so I need to calm the ** down ;)

Melody, we love our Netflix, going to have to try out the Below Deck show...we just finished Queen's Gambit, & for those who have netflix, it was super good...  just 7 episodes, & I'll bet you'll never look at chess in the same way after.

Kat, I'm pretty much back at work too, not thrilled with having to meet clients face to face, & quite a few don't wear masks, so when I have to go to someones house, I'm adding a filter to my mask & just trying to stay as far away as possible.  I have no choice if I want to keep my job, so I just suck it up & then go home & fume to DH

Well, need to get going, have a noon appointment & have to put on actual clothing...  thinking black sleeveless cutaway top with navy pencil skirt, wedge heels, 7 black fedora, cause.... hair :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

My Sister and her husband have chartered yachts a few times and sailed around the virgin islands . That was years ago when they were flush with money .  

I wish we had a Trader Joe's nearby . I love those kind of stores .

We got showtime for .99 cents during amazon prime days so we are binging Ray Donovan . It is a little rough but Jon Voight is so good in it .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’ve had Netflix since last week!  Still trying to maneuver around. Hubs really likes that it just segues into the next episode, no trying to figure out where it is & no commercials! Melody

Melody, I like that I can add a movie/show to my list from my iPad or phone and then it’s there when I bring up Netflix on the TV! I do the same for Prime and then I don’t have to scroll thru’ or search for something to watch. Yes, just moving on to the next episode in a series is really nice.

Debbie, I’m going to put Queen’s Gambit on my Netflix list. Thanks for suggesting. Gosh I too would not be happy if I had to meet with someone who was not wearing a mask. It seems that your clients would get the hint when they see you wearing a mask.Stay safe!

Lois, I tried that dip with sliced Persian cucumbers. I’m still trying to decide what I think about it. Can’t quite find the right word to describe my impression of it. That sounds strange. What did you think of it? 

Sally, that’s too bad that there is no Trader Joe’s near you. I love shopping there- it’s just so much easier and a whole lot more fun.

• Like 2

With this new format, there is no longer the option to edit or maybe I just don’t see where that button is! 

Kat, I hope you find all of those yummy sounding dishes in stock. Seems like some items are gone so quickly. Since I try and stretch out  my visits, I wonder what I have missed.

Happy Friday everyone :)  Regarding stores, we have TJ, & Sprouts, & we're about to get a whole foods 365, which I'm excited about :)

TV, I'm open to suggestions please, we're running out of what to watch. considering starting Mandelorian, as I've heard good things.   

Couple of series that we watched early on that were good, fantasy type, actually probably aimed at the YA crowd, but still entertaining:  Warrior Nun, & Locke & Key 

Currently riveted by a series called "counting w/swing states"  ;)   

• Haha 1

Hi Debbie,  do you like cop shows? ION television always runs old episodes from many of them.

Law & Order SVU, &  Criminal Intent are on ALOT.  Also Chicago PD too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Happy Friday everyone 🙂  Regarding stores, we have TJ, & Sprouts, & we're about to get a whole foods 365, which I'm excited about 🙂

Sorry for the two separate quotes. Just playing with the quote editing options...

They put in a Whole Foods 365 very close to me, which opened about a year ago. I was not sure what to expect and I have to say that -- for me anyway -- it fell far short of the normal WF experience. However, shortly after it opened, they announced that they were re-thinking the WF 365 concept and that they were not going to open any more of them. Furthermore, our WF 365 would become a regular WF.  That transformation was completed only about 5 months ago and I'm very happy now. 😃

And also speaking of TJ's earlier, I was looking at the Thanksgiving offerings and some of them look great. I may have to figure out a time to go when I don't have to wait in line to get in -- although it seems like the one near me ALWAYS has a line.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie,  do you like cop shows? ION television always runs old episodes from many of them.

Law & Order SVU, &  Criminal Intent are on ALOT.  Also Chicago PD too. 

hi Lois, not really into traditional cop shows or hospital dramas, but I did love the X-Files, does that count as a cop show?  I do know I want to try the show that some were mentioning about remodeling an Italian farmhouse...

Right now I need things with a happy ending.. although I also do enjoy a good horror movie (like the Scream series) which I know makes zero sense ;)

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sorry for the two separate quotes. Just playing with the quote editing options...

They put in a Whole Foods 365 very close to me, which opened about a year ago. I was not sure what to expect and I have to say that -- for me anyway -- it fell far short of the normal WF experience. However, shortly after it opened, they announced that they were re-thinking the WF 365 concept and that they were not going to open any more of them. Furthermore, our WF 365 would become a regular WF.  That transformation was completed only about 5 months ago and I'm very happy now. 😃

And also speaking of TJ's earlier, I was looking at the Thanksgiving offerings and some of them look great. I may have to figure out a time to go when I don't have to wait in line to get in -- although it seems like the one near me ALWAYS has a line.

cynthia, ours always has a line too, but it make me feel good that they limit people & make everyone mask up & sanitize hands.

I do wonder if ours will end up being the WF365.... it's completely built, but no signs up yet....  some people were saying it might be an Amazon Fresh instead... & since Amazon owns Whole Foods that make sense.  

My WF is a 5 minute drive away.   The 2 TJ's are about the same time away, 30 minutes, just different directions once I get out of the canyon.  I've never seen a Sprouts outside of the one in Phoenix next to a favorite breakfast spot when I'd go down there for weekends.  I never heard of WF365 or Amazon Fresh before.  

We had some snow again overnight.  It stuck uphill about 7000', so we're just wet down here at 6500'.  

I'm just doing my "happy dance" right now.  Hopefully, the dance will continue unabated!!!

• Like 1