FCC Calculations - Wrong Amount

nikkosan

46 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

Thank you. I will watch for it.

My PCC called this afternoon shortly after I asked that question and said the Cruise Next will be redeposited "soon". She also indicated that the Gratuities that I removed on March 8 would be credited back to my credit card but that there has been a "pause on refunds" for right now. She also told me about a new promotion for new bookings with 20% off through 2021. The  Peace of Mind Q and A has details on it.

We can't book another cruise right now because of the required Dr's Letter. I wonder how long that will be a requirement.   

So NCL has a 'pause on refunds'?  That is scary.  They are delaying paying back money owed to people to determine if a Chapter 11 will be forthcoming.  In that case, the money owed to people will be wiped clean.  Pretty despicable if true.  Do passengers get to 'pause final payment when due'?

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

I have just received our FCC for our March 14, 2020 cruise. We met the Peace of mind scenario; however I am upset about the outcome.

The pandemic was officially declared by WHO on March 11, which is also the day that President Trump announced flight restrictions from Europe.

We cancelled on March 12 AM taking into account the flow of bad news, local and international. 

The cruise was cancelled by NCL on March 13. (Had we not cancelled, we would have learned about the cruise cancellation on our way to Hawaï.

The FCC issued by NCL was divided by passenger. In my case, it did not include the prepaid Internet.

Furthermore, we prepaid for shore excursions, for gratuities and for beverage gratuities taxes and fees,

I appreciate the FCC for the cabin cost. For this, I am thankful.

I am really upset that shore excursions cancelled more than 48 hours before the excursions are not seemingly refunded. ( I thought it was NCL policy, at the time of buying these excursions. It was the reason to use NCL excursions versus other private  provider). The cost of excursions seems to be included in FCC instead.

I am also upset that prepaid gratuities and gratuities in beverage package are not refunded. (Only included in FCC).

It would have been our first cruise with NCL and I was really looking forward to it. Strangely, we booked this cruise due to Celebrity cancelling our Asian cruise on February, for the same date. Celebrity refunded 100%.

In short, I expected a FCC for the basic cost of the cruise based on Peace of mind program. I am very disappointed that NCL is not refunding the rest, based on company policy at the time of purchase.

M trust in NCL is shattered.

Did you look at your credit card statement to see if there was a small refund?

Like for the prepaid gratuities for the beverage package?

Yes, NCL did mentioned that the shore excursion credits, prepaid gratuities will be in FCC as well as the cruise fare.

Some cruisers said they called NCL to remove prepaid items and was successful before they decided to cancel all cruises.

We received our FCC emails today indicating that two certificates were issued, but neither email had any facts and figures to show what was returned. I contacted our TA , who indicated that they didn’t receive any info either and it should be in my Latitudes account. I. Do not have a credit or coupon choice in my account. So I guess it will be a lengthy phone call tomorrow. 

My cruisenext certificates were put back on my account this evening, with an extended expiration date of December 31, 2022:) (originally they expired Feb 2021)

Update....this is strange...NCL app on my phone shows cruisenext valid from 2/12/17-12/31/22.  On laptop when I log in the cruisenext dates are different..2/18/2017 - 3/16/2021??. 

My thinking is, we cancelled on March 16, so I have one year to book our cruise so that is why the date of March 16, 2021, but it still doesnt' account for the different dates.

Edited by Heavy's wife
more info

10 minutes ago, Cruisin MarcnFran said:

We received our FCC emails today indicating that two certificates were issued, but neither email had any facts and figures to show what was returned. I contacted our TA , who indicated that they didn’t receive any info either and it should be in my Latitudes account. I. Do not have a credit or coupon choice in my account. So I guess it will be a lengthy phone call tomorrow. 

Please keep us posted.

4 minutes ago, Heavy's wife said:

My cruisenext certificates were put back on my account this evening, with an extended expiration date of December 31, 2022:) (originally they expired Feb 2021)

I just logged back in, and I can see them now, with the new expiration.

14 minutes ago, Heavy's wife said:

Good to hear they are extending expiration dates!

EDIT:   See Heavy's wife updated message with differing dates above

Was yours a Peace of Mind cancellation, or did NCL cancel your cruise?  

And if they cancelled your cruise, can you tell us the sailing date of your cancelled cruise?

(Trying to figure out when they will get to my April 5 cruise)

Edited by Sand and Seas
correction to originally quoted post

23 minutes ago, poohdreaming said:

Did you look at your credit card statement to see if there was a small refund?

Like for the prepaid gratuities for the beverage package?

Yes, NCL did mentioned that the shore excursion credits, prepaid gratuities will be in FCC as well as the cruise fare.

Some cruisers said they called NCL to remove prepaid items and was successful before they decided to cancel all cruises.

Yes I did and no refund so far.

In hindsight, I guess, I should have cancelled excursions, prepaid gratuities, beverages gratuities and internet prior to cancel the cruise. But everything was unfolding so fast!

I also did not fully take in consideration, that a corporation such as NCL could be changing the normal rules. The context is exceptional. I guess, I should understand.

I never before hesitated to prepay gratuities and excursions, preferring to not worry about costs while on the cruise. But from now on,  I will not use that approach again, at least not on NCL. 

Thank-you very much for your suggestions. 

1 minute ago, Sand and Seas said:

Good to hear they are extending expiration dates!

Was yours a Peace of Mind cancellation, or did NCL cancel your cruise?  

And if they cancelled your cruise, can you tell us the sailing date of your cancelled cruise?

(Trying to figure out when they will get to my April 5 cruise)

Peace of mind cancellation...also please read my update with two different dates above

4 minutes ago, Heavy's wife said:

Peace of mind cancellation...also please read my update with two different dates above

Very interesting! 

Everything is so fluid right now.  Nice to learn from those of you who are a few days earlier in this process. 

13 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Yes I did and no refund so far.

In hindsight, I guess, I should have cancelled excursions, prepaid gratuities, beverages gratuities and internet prior to cancel the cruise. But everything was unfolding so fast!

I also did not fully take in consideration, that a corporation such as NCL could be changing the normal rules. The context is exceptional. I guess, I should understand.

I never before hesitated to prepay gratuities and excursions, preferring to not worry about costs while on the cruise. But from now on,  I will not use that approach again, at least not on NCL. 

Thank-you very much for your suggestions. 

In normal times, you would’ve been refunded for those items, but would’ve not received a FCC for the cost of your cruise.

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

In normal times, you would’ve been refunded for those items, but would’ve not received a FCC for the cost of your cruise.

Thank you Mjkacmom for your insight. You are correct of course.

I could argue that in normal times, I would not have cancelled the cruise. But, it would not be helpful. 

What upset me was the change of rules after I booked the cruise. This said, my issue is extremely minor in relation to what the planet is going through.

As time goes on, I am more and more changing my mind into accepting what was offered by NCL with the hope of a better experience in the future. 

So, once more, thank you. Stay healthy and safe.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 7:50 PM, Heavy's wife said:

Update....this is strange...NCL app on my phone shows cruisenext valid from 2/12/17-12/31/22.  On laptop when I log in the cruisenext dates are different..2/18/2017 - 3/16/2021??. 

My thinking is, we cancelled on March 16, so I have one year to book our cruise so that is why the date of March 16, 2021, but it still doesnt' account for the different dates.

Are those certificates still there?

Today I logged back in, and while I can now see the FCC for my portion of the sailing, I can't see the CruiseNext Deposits that were put back in the account anymore! #FacePalm

21 minutes ago, nikkosan said:

Are those certificates still there?

Today I logged back in, and while I can now see the FCC for my portion of the sailing, I can't see the CruiseNext Deposits that were put back in the account anymore! #FacePalm

I am seeing that also. Yesterday I had Cruise Next and no FCC. Today I have no Cruise Next but the FCC shows up.

9 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

I am seeing that also. Yesterday I had Cruise Next and no FCC. Today I have no Cruise Next but the FCC shows up.

Thanks for the reply...

I made a note for myself to eventually check this again in the upcoming weeks (most likely months!) when things will hopefully quiet down.

It's like, can they get anything right? 

Sorry for venting, I'm a bit frustrated with everything that is going on.

22 minutes ago, nikkosan said:

Thanks for the reply...

I made a note for myself to eventually check this again in the upcoming weeks (most likely months!) when things will hopefully quiet down.

It's like, can they get anything right? 

Sorry for venting, I'm a bit frustrated with everything that is going on.

Yesterday, I had both CN certificates and FCC.  Like you and others here, today only the FCC credit is there.  Hopefully in the next couple of days both will be there again.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I took a break today from looking at cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heavy's wife said:

Yesterday, I had both CN certificates and FCC.  Like you and others here, today only the FCC credit is there.  Hopefully in the next couple of days both will be there again.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I took a break today from looking at cruises.

You're way ahead of us.  We are still waiting for the FCC email, and then the CN to show up😕

They cancelled our April 4th cruise but haven't seen a thing yet.  (Nothing in Spam, nothing anywhere.)  Called NCL today and nice guy checked and said "Looks like they haven't gotten to yours yet".

2 hours ago, Heavy's wife said:

No, thank YOU for letting us know!

As I mentioned, I won't be getting in touch with them right away, but if you do, kindly let us know.

I'm also waiting to see what happens to all the other cruises we have lined up. I'll let THEM cancel this time!

1 hour ago, nanaof14 said:

Our cruise was March 21, we have not received our letter yet either.  

At least its nice to know we aren't the only one!   

I'm checking my emails every hour.   I'd like to re-book for six to twelve months from now and use those CN certificates plus FCC while the current promos & OBC are available.

7 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

At least its nice to know we aren't the only one!   

I'm checking my emails every hour.   I'd like to re-book for six to twelve months from now and use those CN certificates plus FCC while the current promos & OBC are available.

I called yesterday and was told to wait until it shows up.  

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 8:00 PM, Heavy's wife said:

Aaaaaaand, they are BACK!

This time I took a screenshot (LOL), just in case!!! 

2020-03-26.png

• Like 1