Just got email they issued a 125% FCC

kramonas

I just got an email for a 125% FCC, however, i didnt request it, i wanted the refund.

Was planning on filling out the refund starting 3/23 request as they said earlier, but are they not offering refunds? (our cruise was suppose to leave 3/18)

First, notice its for ONE YEAR.  they are saying this corona may possibly go on for 12-18 months.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea.
Due to the global concerns surrounding COVID-19 and in an abundance of caution, your upcoming cruise reservation ID XXXXX has been canceled. We understand the disappointment this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding, during this time.
A future cruise credit in the amount of USD XXXXX has been issued to your Latitudes account. To reflect our gratitude for your loyalty, we are also extending you a bonus 25% future cruise credit in the amount of USD XXXX.
These future cruise credits are valid for one year from the issue date and applicable to all published sailings through Dec. 31, 2022.
In addition, and as a special thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line, we are pleased to offer you an additional 20% discount for a limited time only on any sailing from July 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2022 when you reserve by March 31, 2020.
The future cruise credit, 25% bonus and 20% discount are combinable on our current Free For All promotion. To learn more visit https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence
When you are ready to book your next vacation, please contact our team of Personal Cruise Consultants at 1-866-882-0074.
We look forward to helping you plan your next vacation with us and welcoming you aboard soon.

Sincerely,
Norwegian Cruise Line
The future cruise credit amount includes all payments to NCL other than Platinum or Standard Insurance premium, if purchased. Please note that any amenities purchased including soda and water packages, bon voyage gifts, internet packages, photo purchases, air deviation charges and any beverage and/or dining outside of our Free At Sea promotion will be refunded to the original form of payment.For more information visit www.ncl.com/FAQ.

NCL's Peace of Mind policy says you are eligible for a FCC. If the sailing is after October 1st it's a refundable deposit. 

Now if you want to say you are covered under previous T&Cs prior to March 11th that's another matter. 

Did you get anything refunded like taxes and prepaids?

When I  canceled a couple of years ago I thought NCL was slow to return funds. Most of which was CN certificates.

2 hours ago, kramonas said:

We understand the disappointment this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding, during this time.

Really? Boy are they out of touch. They evidently don't realize no one is upset at NCL for cancelling that a March or April cruise. As it relates to April and May departures, many people are hoping and praying that their cruises get cancelled. What people don't have is patience or understanding about why the cruises haven't been cancelled yet. It's like they write the exact opposite of reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blcruising said:

Really? Boy are they out of touch. They evidently don't realize no one is upset at NCL for cancelling that a March or April cruise. As it relates to April and May departures, many people are hoping and praying that their cruises get cancelled. What people don't have is patience or understanding about why the cruises haven't been cancelled yet. It's like they write the exact opposite of reality.

What date is your cruise? 

I received the same email so I called. You can still request the refund in lieu of the FCC beginning on 3/23 as per previous communications from them. It’s very misleading of them to send that email with no mention of the refund option.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EBRB said:

I received the same email so I called. You can still request the refund in lieu of the FCC beginning on 3/23 as per previous communications from them. It’s very misleading of them to send that email with no mention of the refund option.

NCL is misleading?  Say it isn't so.......

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

What date is your cruise? 

Hi. I'm not sailing anymore. My Rome flight was cancelled by Norwegian Air, unrelated to NCL, last week. Patiently have been waiting for NCL to cancel to get 100% refund from NCL, but becoming more impatient. If they dont cancel by 48 hours prior to departure, I intend to cancel with full penalty with NCL, opt out of Peace of Mind so I can get beverage and port charges refunded to my credit card. I'll file a CFAR claim with insurance for a 75% refund of nonrefundable base cruise fare.

14 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Still waiting to get our email for our cancelled cruise.  I want to make see how they are handling our two Cruise Next deposits for this cruise.   I am planning to rebook Encore for early next year🤞

Sand and Seas,    They re-post your Cruise Next Certificate to your account on NCL web site.  Also they give you 25% bonus on the amount of certificates used:   500 = 125 credit added to FCC.   So pretty good deal.  I got this on my March 29 cancelled cruise.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAFA13 said:

Click on the link in the email. 

A41F6957-F933-4051-948D-310B6A934CDA.jpeg

My sailing was for mar 13. Now they want to give me 150% FCC and 20% off? Where do I sign? I’m going. I’ll go anywhere, I have a year to decide. 

Edited by Daytonasailor
Question from cruiser
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Daytonasailor said:

My sailing was for mar 13. Now they want to give me 150% FCC and 20% off? Where do I sign? I’m going. I’ll go anywhere, I have a year to decide. 

The rep I spoke to yesterday told me that I would need to rebook by 4/10 in order to take advantage of the extra 20% off. It is a great deal but I don't think I'll be ready to make that decision so soon.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, EBRB said:

The rep I spoke to yesterday told me that I would need to rebook by 4/10 in order to take advantage of the extra 20% off. It is a great deal but I don't think I'll be ready to make that decision so soon.

The letter I got from NCL was 20% off IF you book by Mar 31!  (My sailing was for 3/29)   So may need to check out cruises for later in the year.  On the other hand, are prices for cruises in Oct and later priced much higher to offset the 20%??