How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

What I’m looking forward to is seeing family, and I know my new grandaughter wants a sleep over. Nearly as much as I do.

It has been tough for grandparents.  NSW Premier has reduced restrictions on visiting family.

Edited by MMDown Under

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I want cafes and restaurants open again. Takeaway is OK but not as good as eating at a cafe/restaurant. Even though we make really good coffee at home I miss stopping for coffee at our favourite cafe when grocery shopping. It's such a pleasant place to sit and relax for a while.

Yes I miss being able to have coffee at favourite cafes and meals at local restaurants.Takeaway in paper cups doesn't work for me, although I notice it is still popular. 

Edited by MMDown Under

14 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Watching Stephen Sondheim's 90th birthday celebrations on TV, I realise how much I'm missing live theatre.  Live theatre will be top of my list, when theatres are open again.  Any live theatre in Sydney or Melbourne or in London or Manhattan, all the better.  

What will be top of your list?

Watched that show on You tube . It was worth sitting through it all to watch Meryl Streep and Christine Baranski in “Ladies Who Lunch”

3 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Watched that show on You tube . It was worth sitting through it all to watch Meryl Streep and Christine Baranski in “Ladies Who Lunch”

Weren't they brilliant?  I loved every minute.

How are the reduced restrictions going?

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

How are the reduced restrictions going?

Great .. Opening of takeaways caused traffic jams. 😁  My contractor was able to get to work ,so the lawns have been  mown again . Elderly are allowed back into Supermarkets and stores can ship any item from on line trading . Malls-and shops still closed  Schools re opened but not compulsory ,and construction underway again. .

Looking forward to Level 2 in 2 weeks .

SA has been 7 days now without a positive. We do have around 800 people from repatriation from overseas in hotel quarantine - they've been there for just over a week now so hope they check out ok. They are being tested I think, again, prior to release. 

For those who enjoy ballet, you can watch via YouTube by searching "The Australian Ballet Cinderella".  This production is unique with beautiful music.  It finishes at 5 pm on Friday.  From 5pm this Friday, 1-14/5 you can watch graeme murphy's "romeo and juliet"

21 minutes ago, Pushka said:

SA has been 7 days now without a positive. We do have around 800 people from repatriation from overseas in hotel quarantine - they've been there for just over a week now so hope they check out ok. They are being tested I think, again, prior to release. 

Well done SA  I wonder if you will be open before the Show?

20 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

What I’m looking forward to is seeing family, and I know my new grandaughter wants a sleep over. Nearly as much as I do.

Is that a new baby granddaughter Mr Gut?

Leigh

10 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Is that a new baby granddaughter Mr Gut?

Leigh

Only nw to me, she is 10, but was so excited that we were now her Grandparents, out daughter married her father a few weeks back, and she loves having sleepovers at our place, not that we spoil her or anything😛😳🤪

Just now, GUT2407 said:

Only nw to me, she is 10, but was so excited that we were now her Grandparents, out daughter married her father a few weeks back, and she loves having sleepovers at our place, not that we spoil her or anything😛😳🤪

That’s fantastic! Glad your daughter was able to be married Mr Gut. Celebrations when restrictions are relaxed? 

It sure is wonderful being a grandparent!

Leigh

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

That’s fantastic! Glad your daughter was able to be married Mr Gut. Celebrations when restrictions are relaxed? 

It sure is wonderful being a grandparent!

Leigh

Smallest and shortest wedding ever seen, and yep one heck of a party when all this is over.

Edited by GUT2407
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Saw the congestion for Maccas, amazing what some people crave after not having it for a while.

Tragic ... Maccas were selling Big Macs with NO lettuce . Demand was such that some outlets  ran out of supplies 🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔🍟🍔🍟

• Like 1

I'm now a bit sceptical about NSW restrictions being eased.There are still new cases showing up. Why? People ignoring social distancing? Who knows? Footballers perhaps? IMO two weeks new case free would be the way to go. Or maybe I'm now being cynical.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I'm now a bit sceptical about NSW restrictions being eased.There are still new cases showing up. Why? People ignoring social distancing? Who knows? Footballers perhaps? IMO two weeks new case free would be the way to go. Or maybe I'm now being cynical.

If households restrict their visits to family members, I wouldn't think the risk is high.  Mass gatherings at the beach, sport, etc. are just not on, if the NSW Govt wants social distancing to keep people safe.  

I walk every day on Gold Coast and here walkers avoid being too close to other walkers.  I also can't see any risk with drives up to 50 kms (unless everyone decides to buy clothes and shoes at the same time).

Edited by MMDown Under

On 4/30/2020 at 7:22 AM, MicCanberra said:

Saw the congestion for Maccas, amazing what some people crave after not having it for a while.

I remember the rush of people off the ship to McDonalds in Noumea. I guess it satisfies two cravings for many people - fast food & internet 🙂 We went to La Barca after our sightseeing & swim. Of course not a fair comparison, as Maccas don't have beer 🙂

After a month or so of pretty much being 'at home', with pretty well 100% home cooking, the other night Tracey & I both said we'd really like some chips! Take away from KFC filled the bill, so I'm not judging anyone.

7 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I remember the rush of people off the ship to McDonalds in Noumea. I guess it satisfies two cravings for many people - fast food & internet 🙂 We went to La Barca after our sightseeing & swim. Of course not a fair comparison, as Maccas don't have beer 🙂

After a month or so of pretty much being 'at home', with pretty well 100% home cooking, the other night Tracey & I both said we'd really like some chips! Take away from KFC filled the bill, so I'm not judging anyone.

La Barca is my fav in Noumea

SA has had 8 days now of no positives. Only 14 active cases and 4 in hospital and no one in ICU. We have been told it will be a total of 4 weeks with no positives before things will ease up - however our schools never closed; we have been able to play golf, use the beach, sit on benches and eat a snack and chat with friends and up to 10 people at a time. Takeaways always available, people can go to work if they can socially distance. In reality as a State we have achieved the same as NZ pretty much without the draconian lockdowns. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I look forward to take away Vietnamese every Friday night.  Not fast food, but a craving nevertheless.