How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

54 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

50 klm's doesn't even get me to the nearest large city, Newcastle. Local drives to Stockton Bight or Lemon Tree Passage would be OK. It won't be a problem for the next few weeks as I have my hip replacement operation tomorrow, so no driving until I get my Dr's permission.

Good luck for the op. Where are you getting done? JHH?

59 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

50 klm's doesn't even get me to the nearest large city, Newcastle. Local drives to Stockton Bight or Lemon Tree Passage would be OK. It won't be a problem for the next few weeks as I have my hip replacement operation tomorrow, so no driving until I get my Dr's permission.

I hope your hip replacement operation goes well tomorrow and it won't be too long before you can go driving again.  Walking first of course!

Edited by MMDown Under

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Good luck! I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery. My husband was allowed to drive 6 weeks after his hip replacement in early February which was when restrictions started. The furtherest he has driven is to the next suburb. 

Leigh

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Thanks, Lingard.

Great hospital been in there a few times, if I need back surgery it is where my bloke prefers. I think last visit was my cataract, they all blur after a while 

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Good luck! I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery. My husband was allowed to drive 6 weeks after his hip replacement in early February which was when restrictions started. The furtherest he has driven is to the next suburb. 

Leigh

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I am hoping that when I can drive that some of the more draconian measures have been eased.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Great hospital been in there a few times, if I need back surgery it is where my bloke prefers. I think last visit was my cataract, they all blur after a while 

Wife and I have been there a few times. Wife had back surgery by Dr Spitaler IIRC. Excellent result.

6 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Best Wishes .... John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

I suppose when it is all over and you've recovered we can all sing "Hip Hip Hooray", sorry it's he best i could come up with at the moment. 🙂

I thought it but decided to refrain until after the operation

8 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I hope everything goes well and you have a rapid recovery.

• Like 1

Watching Stephen Sondheim's 90th birthday celebrations on TV, I realise how much I'm missing live theatre.  Live theatre will be top of my list, when theatres are open again.  Any live theatre in Sydney or Melbourne or in London or Manhattan, all the better.  

What will be top of your list?

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Watching Stephen Sondheim's 90th birthday celebrations on TV, I realise how much I'm missing live theatre.  Live theatre will be top of my list, when theatres are open again.  Any live theatre in Sydney or Melbourne or in London or Manhattan, all the better.  

What will be top of your list?

Sport community sport so I can play and exercise properly (for me) again.

I want cafes and restaurants open again. Takeaway is OK but not as good as eating at a cafe/restaurant. Even though we make really good coffee at home I miss stopping for coffee at our favourite cafe when grocery shopping. It's such a pleasant place to sit and relax for a while.

• Like 2