FL attorney general office complaint link

mnsweeps

Along with credit card chargebacks, I have also officially filed a complaint against NCL on http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Citizen_Services . Per NCL cancellation policy, I was supposed to get refund between 7 to 14 days but at this point going back and forth they asking me for at least 90 days. This is nothing but short of delaying tactics. If you delay your payment by one day after due date you know what NCL does, right?

I would suggest anyone who feels betrayed by NCL to file the complaint using the link. I heard FL AG office is anyway investigating NCL for fraudulent C19 claims.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mnsweeps said:

Along with credit card chargebacks, I have also officially filed a complaint against NCL on http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Citizen_Services . Per NCL cancellation policy, I was supposed to get refund between 7 to 14 days but at this point going back and forth they asking me for at least 90 days. This is nothing but short of delaying tactics. If you delay your payment by one day after due date you know what NCL does, right?

I would suggest anyone who feels betrayed by NCL to file the complaint using the link. I heard FL AG office is anyway investigating NCL for fraudulent C19 claims.

Their normal published refund timeline is 3-4 weeks, but if you were automatically cancelled and request a refund, it's stated that it will take up to 90 days. So which did you cancel under, and how long have you really waited?

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/about/cancellation-fee-schedule-mea

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Their normal published refund timeline is 3-4 weeks, but if you were automatically cancelled and request a refund, it's stated that it will take up to 90 days. So which did you cancel under, and how long have you really waited?

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/about/cancellation-fee-schedule-mea

I cancelled on my own and I have screen shots and emails showing NCL promised 7 to 14 days refund.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mnsweeps said:

I cancelled on my own and I have screen shots and emails showing NCL promised 7 to 14 days refund.

Well then good luck to you. Obviously you won't cruise with them again so go for it. Your chargeback might have gotten you banned from the cruise line so I guess you're both happy to part ways.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Well then good luck to you. Obviously you won't cruise with them again so go for it. Your chargeback might have gotten you banned from the cruise line so I guess you're both happy to part ways.

Yeah right, if they are stil in business they will welcome anyone willing to travel with them.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

Yeah right, if they are stil in business they will welcome anyone willing to travel with them.  

But why would they go back to NCL? If I feel a company is screwing me over I wouldnt give them anymore money. 

Full disclosure, I have a late May Alaska cruise booked which I assume will be cancelled, I am well aware that if I choose the refund it might take 90 days since that is what is stated. I wouldn't take any form email as gospel. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

But why would they go back to NCL? If I feel a company is screwing me over I wouldnt give them anymore money. 

Full disclosure, I have a late May Alaska cruise booked which I assume will be cancelled, I am well aware that if I choose the refund it might take 90 days since that is what is stated. I wouldn't take any form email as gospel. 

You are right..never again if they exist. I won't give my money to crooks.. Lots of fish in the sea.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mnsweeps said:

You are right..never again if they exist. I won't give my money to crooks.. Lots of fish in the sea.

Do your research. People are complaining that Carnival/Princess is stating that they are told to expect a 90 day wait. Haven't looked at Royal, but I would guess they may be in the same crunch. 

Viking is privately owned and seems to have better cashflow so that may be your option. 

I know we are not talking the same amounts, but NCL lost my $210 prepaid gratuities.  I purchased the cruise through a travel agency.  Late Feb, I purchased 2 soda packages and prepaid the grats on MY NCL. March 9th I cancelled all 3 and was told they would refund my CC.  March 18th, my CC was refunded for both soda packages, but not the $210 for grats. Today I called and was told by 2 different agents that NCL decided to issue refund of my $210 to my TA instead of my CC. So I called my TA, and as I suspected, they have never heard of such a thing. My TA assured me that any purchases made directly with NCL and paid by me directly with my CC should be refunded directly to my CC.

Has anyone else had something like this?  I put a claim in with my CC to see what they make of this.

I'm not a big fan of RCL web site but the purchases and cancellation  process on their Cruise Planner is much better.

dp

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mnsweeps said:

I suggest that you wait for the Chapter 11 filing when all you get is a FCC.

Be happy that you are getting any refund.

Airlines are not refunding ANY money at all, whether it's because you cancelled, or they cancelled. That includes vacation packages.

I have $6000 sitting with Air Canada that i will use when this is all over.

You will get a refund, just not at this moment. 

I actually received a full refund from Delta in two days, which included the tickets, the upgrades to first class, and they returned and extended my free flight companion voucher.

Also, I have already received a refund from the Broadway show I was going to see that was canceled, the canceled Met Opera performance, my travel insurance, and pretty much everything else related to my vacation except the refund for the NCL add-ons I requested back on March 8.

I contacted them several times to inquire about the refund and have been told several different stories as to why they have not yet refunded my money (for the Premium Plus Beverage Package and my pre-paid service charges).

IMO, there is definitely something fishy going on with NCL.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Be happy that you are getting any refund.

Airlines are not refunding ANY money at all, whether it's because you cancelled, or they cancelled. That includes vacation packages.

I have $6000 sitting with Air Canada that i will use when this is all over.

You will get a refund, just not at this moment. 

That's not a true statement.  I have a refund from American Airlines.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

That's not a true statement.  I have a refund from American Airlines.

Interesting since that is not what their website is saying.

Most airlines are allowing changes to booking without a fee, online cancellations, but are only giving future travel credits.

So you received the full amount that you paid back to you?

I guess I should have used that airline 🙂

11 minutes ago, outlawd07 said:

I actually received a full refund from Delta in two days, which included the tickets, the upgrades to first class, and they returned and extended my free flight companion voucher.

Once again interesting since their website indicates you will get an E-Credit, not money back.

9 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Interesting since that is not what their website is saying.

Most airlines are allowing changes to booking without a fee, online cancellations, but are only giving future travel credits.

So you received the full amount that you paid back to you?

I guess I should have used that airline 🙂

I also booked with American Airlines and was told only about the waived change fee. So I am also curious about Cole's refund. Maybe they booked a more expensive ticket (not a "basic economy" ticket)?

Edited by dreamr

Once again interesting since their website indicates you will get an E-Credit, not money back.

I went to my Delta account and requested the refund, completed the form, but it would only refund me the amount I paid for the tickets. When I called Delta a few days later to inquire about the upgrade I paid, thinking I would only get an e-credit, the gentleman on the phone approved and issued the refund over the phone and in two days, it was posted back to my AMEX card.

5 minutes ago, dreamr said:

I also booked with American Airlines and was told only about the waived change fee. So I am also curious about Cole's refund. Maybe they booked a more expensive ticket (not a "basic economy" ticket)?

It was a First Class ticket.  They combined two flights and cancelled mine.  The substitute flight was five hours later and didn't work for me so by policy they refunded me.  Hope that helps.

22 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

It was a First Class ticket.  They combined two flights and cancelled mine.  The substitute flight was five hours later and didn't work for me so by policy they refunded me.  Hope that helps.

I figured it had something to do with the price of your ticket (and also since they canceled, not you). Thanks for explaining. :)

For those of us back in coach, they are only allowing a free change, and travel must be completed within one year of ticket issue date (or December 31, 2020, whichever comes first). Let's just say there are a lot of furious customers (rightfully so, in my opinion) who bought their tickets last summer, which means they have to use it in the next couple of months or lose their money. Fortunately, we booked ours in February, so we have until the end of the year. 

To make my post slightly more on topic, I'd consider filing a complaint again the airlines before the cruise lines. At least the cruise lines are offering refunds, even if delayed. Though, technically, only to those whose cruises they canceled. So I guess this situation just sucks all around.

(At least we do have a longer time period to rebook with the cruise line.)

Edited by dreamr

If airlines cancel your flight, you get a refund.

If the flight is still taking place but you no longer want to take it (because the thing you're flying for is no longer happening), the airline will not give a refund, but will change your flight without any fees.

Anyway, regarding NCL and their 90 day policy, anyone excusing this is foolish.  The "policy" doesn't matter.  It's your money, and they shouldn't be holding it for 3 months.

Charge it back on your credit card and you'll probably win.

I don't think NCL has the cash to refund everyone right now.  That's my guess as to what is really happening.

• Like 1

Airfare I had booked for late April  that I cancelled.

1) Amount paid is for future flight

2) Have to book with 6 months (September)

3) Have to use by Dec. 31st

4) If cost of flight is more I pay the difference

5) if flight is cheaper I can use for luggage, upgrade seats, etc.