Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning and Happy Friday.

Of course I am Happy Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, being retired and all.

Ok, so now let me get to the heart of the Matter.

I got my I phone 11 when they came out, and had everything properly entered, passwords, Apps, Amazon (🙄) banking, and facial recognition.  I did good.......................well I asked my DD nicely and she set it up.

Now the DH being as clueless as me right now and the DD in Kentucky, I need help with the CC app.

OK.

I recently was informed by the powers that be that they made me change my password on CC on the phone (do not know what happened).

So now when I want to post on the IPHONE it comes up as my sign on, and is keeping the old password.

It (new password) does not automatically come up, nor can I get facial recognition to log in.

So I hit on the password, and if I do it too much it tells me It is locked and I cannot attempt to log in for 15 min.

So ??????

1.  How do I change the password on the IPHONE (to the new password)  to automatically come up like it used to.

2.  I would love to set up facial recognition like my other important apps have.

3.  I really do not want to travel to Kentucky and visit the daughter for my lack of knowledge.

I went to the local I phone store and got no where fast, but they wanted to sell me a new phone.

Oh.

I did try googling this, but lol, yea that is going to happen.

So I figured I try here on a CC site.

Where all the kind and friendly tech savvy smart people are.  (hint hint)

Thank you.

Maybe you can Facetime with your daughter on the computer - she can then see you and the phone and might be able to fix it. Much better than driving.

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My golf cart battery pack was two grand😱

Oh, and I can't believe we were on Page 2😪

Ouch...yeah we just did ours as well.   The guy that came out took the old ones, cleaned everything, installed the new ones and was a wealth of information about how to make them last longer.  Nice guy..indeed pricey...but worth it.  🙂 

14 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I wouldn't trade my childhood for today..............never!!!!!

I don't know, I think I was neglected. My mother never called me during the day while I was in school to make sure my day was going ok.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Ouch...yeah we just did ours as well.   The guy that came out took the old ones, cleaned everything, installed the new ones and was a wealth of information about how to make them last longer.  Nice guy..indeed pricey...but worth it.  🙂 

When are you going to buy an electric RV?????

11 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Never could afford roller skates - rental skates included for a small upcharge. When I looked for a link to our old skating spot, I was surprised that it is in the Guinness Book (makes feel even older now).

In the summer, when my sister and I were out of school and my Mom worked on Saturdays, she would drop us off at the local indoor skating rink if it was a bad weather day.  We were there most of the day, and even waited outside at times for the doors to open when she dropped us off.  Skated all day, drank hot chocolate, had lunch there. Learned to skate there....with lots of practice.  

Was a great time.  We had our own skates and in fact used them in the basement in the winter, which ended up with groves in the floor from the overuse.  😄 

Naturally in today's world, that could not happen. 😮   How things change. 

We wandered the neighbor hood all the time, only coming home for dinner when the large bell rang, never wore helmets on our bikes.   And felt totally safe at the roller rink all day.  😉 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

Did it all. I also have an old roller skate key. I didn't realize I had it until a few weeks ago when I was looking for a screwdriver in my tool box and there it was.  I made my first skate board in 1962 out of roller skates and a 2x4. Not very stable but fun. 

LOL...I made walking stilts out of 2x4 lumber.  Drove my Mom crazy as I walked all over the yard.  😄 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning and Happy Friday.

Of course I am Happy Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, being retired and all.

Ok, so now let me get to the heart of the Matter.

I got my I phone 11 when they came out, and had everything properly entered, passwords, Apps, Amazon (🙄) banking, and facial recognition.  I did good.......................well I asked my DD nicely and she set it up.

Now the DH being as clueless as me right now and the DD in Kentucky, I need help with the CC app.

OK.

I recently was informed by the powers that be that they made me change my password on CC on the phone (do not know what happened).

So now when I want to post on the IPHONE it comes up as my sign on, and is keeping the old password.

It (new password) does not automatically come up, nor can I get facial recognition to log in.

So I hit on the password, and if I do it too much it tells me It is locked and I cannot attempt to log in for 15 min.

So ??????

1.  How do I change the password on the IPHONE (to the new password)  to automatically come up like it used to.

2.  I would love to set up facial recognition like my other important apps have.

3.  I really do not want to travel to Kentucky and visit the daughter for my lack of knowledge.

I went to the local I phone store and got no where fast, but they wanted to sell me a new phone.

Oh.

I did try googling this, but lol, yea that is going to happen.

So I figured I try here on a CC site.

Where all the kind and friendly tech savvy smart people are.  (hint hint)

Thank you.

If I understand correctly, you have a place to enter your password and your phone has automatically filled it in with your old password, probably in the form of a bunch of ******.  If that's the case, put your cursor in the password box and delete all of the *s so that your password box is now empty.  Then enter your new password.  Your phone will probably ask if you want to update your password.

You can also go into the phone settings and scroll down until you see password.  Should be right above mail and contacts.  This will show you all of the passwords that are saved on your phone.  Select cruisecritic.com and delete the password.  The next time you go to CC, your password should not be automatically entered.  When you manually enter your new password, your phone should ask if you want to save it.  

16 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

When are you going to buy an electric RV?????

Nooooo.....we are using the land yacht one more time this Fall season in the Florida Panhandle for six weeks, then it goes up for sale at our in community RV sales and service.  They do a great job at consignment sales, we know them, and trust them.  Will be a good time to do it as the seasonal residents will be coming back in.  

Looking to finally ramp up the cruising, and loving doing our "land adventures" sans land yacht.  So far, the rental home option is working for us.  

Without pets now, we have no real need to keep the RV.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

You are going to be buff by cruising time!!!!

That's the plan, although moving a couple of times alone won't do it.  It will require actual regular exercise and proper diet.  I've got between now and September 19.

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's the plan, although moving a couple of times alone won't do it.  It will require actual regular exercise and proper diet.  I've got between now and September 19.

Oh no..........proper diet AND exercise too!!!!!!

Drove to Lincolnville yesterday (near cute little town of Camden), to look at a house for sale.  Umm...nope..yuck!   Definitely staged pictures.  🤪

Driving back north, enjoyed lunch at one of our favorite little touristy fishing towns, Belfast.  

Drove further north following the Penobscot Bay to where it is still a river.  Geo lesson:  Penobscot river, totaled with it's West and South branches is the longest river in Maine, dissecting the state to become that mighty Bay.  At the "Narrows" in Bucksport, one of my favorite bridges.  Single suspension span, makes it unusual and beautiful looking.  

20210610_132126.jpg

20210610_145011.jpg

20210610_145104.jpg

20210610_145504.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Drove to Lincolnville yesterday (near cute little town of Camden), to look at a house for sale.  Umm...nope..yuck!   Definitely staged pictures.  🤪

Driving back north, enjoyed lunch at one of our favorite little touristy fishing towns, Belfast.  

Drove further north following the Penobscot Bay to where it is still a river.  Geo lesson:  Penobscot river, totaled with it's West and South branches is the longest river in Maine, dissecting the state to become that mighty Bay.  At the "Narrows" in Bucksport, one of my favorite bridges.  Single suspension span, makes it unusual and beautiful looking.  

20210610_132126.jpg

20210610_145011.jpg

20210610_145104.jpg

20210610_145504.jpg

I keep seeing some guy in most of your photo's..........I think he is following you!!!!

Keep posting picture - they are great!!!!

BTW - we are warm - some 90's coming - saw 2 new turtle nest on the beach - that's all the news from Florida.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

A steady diet of chocolate donuts.  😉 

Correct - that is at the top of my morning food pyramid............you need different food pyramids for each meal - at least that's what Wizards do (some Wizards live for 1000's of years)!!!!!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Oh no..........proper diet AND exercise too!!!!!!

Yeah, I know...probably not gonna happen.  I won't be the only person on the cruise who isn't in shape.  Guess I'll leave my speedo at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yeah, I know...probably not gonna happen.  I won't be the only person on the cruise who isn't in shape.  Guess I'll leave my speedo at home.

My Speedo is on strike................it is time to start trying on clothes from the closet to see how much they shrank during the lockdowns.............I don't know if I am mentally prepared??? This cruise could be a shorts and t-shirt dress code!!!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

So, 2003, Legend of the Seas New Zealand to Hawaii cruise.  We departed the day after then end of the America’s Cup yacht races, the year the Swiss team defeated the Kiwis.  I remember we set at the table next to the travel agent that took about 500 Swiss fans to New Zealand and then on the cruise, most of them sailed all the way to the west coast.  So, since most of the people who could take such a trip, were wealthy (most Swiss are) and most were not young.  The pool deck was a sight to behold.  I think there were about 800 Swiss on the sailing, in mostly larger than average size, and 90% of the men were in Speedos and the women bikinis.  

JC<————— hasn’t worn a speedo in 40 years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, 2003, Legend of the Seas New Zealand to Hawaii cruise.  We departed the day after then end of the America’s Cup yacht races, the year the Swiss team defeated the Kiwis.  I remember we set at the table next to the travel agent that took about 500 Swiss fans to New Zealand and then on the cruise, most of them sailed all the way to the west coast.  So, since most of the people who could take such a trip, were wealthy (most Swiss are) and most were not young.  The pool deck was a sight to behold.  I think there were about 800 Swiss on the sailing, in mostly larger than average size, and 90% of the men were in Speedos and the women bikinis.  

At least you didn't go blind!!!!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Go for it.  It took me five months to make my weight loss graph look like this. 

CD0782E3-C7B7-45B8-99A4-F67623DB877D.thumb.jpeg.44f8950acd84bd139c34275c7d6d81fd.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

I keep seeing some guy in most of your photo's..........I think he is following you!!!!

Keep posting picture - they are great!!!!

BTW - we are warm - some 90's coming - saw 2 new turtle nest on the beach - that's all the news from Florida.

Thanks...will keep posting then...as long as I am not boring everyone.  😜

Was mid 80s and sunny here a few days ago, had the fans going...now someone left the freezer door open! 

Won't even get to 60 here, breezy, cloudy.   Heat in the house is on.  😮 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

How many days did it take before the cruise director used the phrase "banana hammock"?