Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

58 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Cruise countdown has started. 9 days to departure on Adventure of the seas  from Nassau

Excited for you. I hope you will post a review. I love Adventure, it was our first RCG ship we cruised on and responsible for me getting hooked.

• Like 2

So if anyone was trying to get hold of one of the United Airlines reps last night, sorry I had them tied up for so long.  Was trying to use up some airline credits from canceled flights last year, and it wouldn’t let me do it online.  One hour and 20 minutes to get a flight booked with them to the Bay Area. 

Will finally be able to see our grandson in person instead of on FaceTime.  It has been 20 months now.  Just not looking forward to keeping a mask on for that long of a flight.  It wasn’t too bad when we flew to Florida, but this flight is almost 3 times as long. 

We will bring him to PA with us, for some fun times here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning.

@FromSea2ShiningSea

We love tribute bands.

We have had the opportunity to see the Jimmy Buffett tribute band in Warren Ohio, and his very own back up singers The coral refers performed at the show.

Today is one of those days that you have to invest in items to replace them because they have the potential of causing you grief.  It is what it is, but still.

So I am off to the car repair shop to get a new car battery.  Now mind you do you know how much these cost now a days.

Damn.

Now I did not think there was anything wrong with the last one, I mean the car starts!

But the DH says that the battery in the 2006 GTO is getting old. Soon to be 16 years old.

I go it still works.

So I have to be there before the afternoon predicted storms hit.

The DH has one rule, well sorta, the DH has a few rules when dealing with our GTO's, and that is they only get wet when we are gently hand washing them.  In fact we only go to car shows when the weather forecast says pleasant weather. No rain, snow, sleet or hail.(exageration).

Oh, he goes psycho when a bug dies on the windshield, not for the bug, but got to get the carcass off so the car looks nice.

Oh, thank God, he does not go on CC.

I am sure he would not admit to reading the above.

Take care.

My golf cart battery pack was two grand😱

Oh, and I can't believe we were on Page 2😪

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

So if anyone was trying to get hold of one of the United Airlines reps last night, sorry I had them tied up for so long.  Was trying to use up some airline credits from canceled flights last year, and it wouldn’t let me do it online.  One hour and 20 minutes to get a flight booked with them to the Bay Area. 

Will finally be able to see our grandson in person instead of on FaceTime.  It has been 20 months now.  Just not looking forward to keeping a mask on for that long of a flight.  It wasn’t too bad when we flew to Florida, but this flight is almost 3 times as long. 

We will bring him to PA with us, for some fun times here.

My wife got thru pretty  quick to AA we had same situation we har a large credit and rebooked our trip to Buffalo, cool thing last year they had no nonstop flights this year they had them , also paid for hotel with points so nice cheap trip.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife got thru pretty  quick to AA we had same situation we har a large credit and rebooked our trip to Buffalo, cool thing last year they had no nonstop flights this year they had them , also paid for hotel with points so nice cheap trip.

I have done it a few times since last year with American as I had several cancelled trips, and the longest it took was about 15 minutes.  So, I was pretty pleased.  

9 minutes ago, George C said:

The sad thing is that it wasn’t the time on hold.  Called them and they called back in a half hour.  The hour 20 was how long it took them to do it once we started talking. 

I have another credit to use on another flight, and I hope it goes much smoother. 

• Like 1

It is the last day of school for our grandkids here in Pennsylvania.  It seemed a waste, since they only had to go for two hours.  We had a surprise waiting for them when they got home.  A nice tropical theme. 

BEC5216D-EF2B-40B8-AFAF-21F53CA9A517.thumb.jpeg.9765af6422a8e4a8e6ea7d2e156d2f77.jpeg

It has become a real kid magnet this afternoon. 

C304DC95-652D-4A86-9748-892389264DE2.thumb.jpeg.9ed6263fffeec298e6c053419c1426df.jpeg

3036AA3A-84A6-4068-A3AC-3FE2BA30792E.thumb.jpeg.ebde711ecd0585db61832aadc98af403.jpeg

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Is this beautiful and huge yard yours?

We had them set it up at my daughter’s house, since that is where most of the kids are.   Our yard is actually a little bigger than theirs. 

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We had them set it up at my daughter’s house, since that is where most of the kids are.   Our yard is actually a little bigger than theirs. 

What a nice gesture...........on the last day of school I got my work schedule............daily chores!!!!!

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is the last day of school for our grandkids here in Pennsylvania.  It seemed a waste, since they only had to go for two hours.  We had a surprise waiting for them when they got home.  A nice tropical theme. 

BEC5216D-EF2B-40B8-AFAF-21F53CA9A517.thumb.jpeg.9765af6422a8e4a8e6ea7d2e156d2f77.jpeg

It has become a real kid magnet this afternoon. 

C304DC95-652D-4A86-9748-892389264DE2.thumb.jpeg.9ed6263fffeec298e6c053419c1426df.jpeg

3036AA3A-84A6-4068-A3AC-3FE2BA30792E.thumb.jpeg.ebde711ecd0585db61832aadc98af403.jpeg

I wish my grandkids had grandparents like you!

• Like 3

After jumping for 4 hours, it also makes a nice air bed for a nap. 

9699FF3B-2399-4596-A3AA-8FE9FAD550E2.thumb.jpeg.6de862d9805153de40e1819ddd7f3937.jpeg

I must admit, they are spoiled.  More of their backyard play area.  Playhouse with rock climbing wall, a slack line, a zip line, hammock and swings.  Wish I would have had this as a kid.  

E1A3D334-31BA-416F-9248-37DE5AA4EB45.thumb.jpeg.1e3fe0d3df611254db3102167109a1ad.jpeg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Excited for you. I hope you will post a review. I love Adventure, it was our first RCG ship we cruised on and responsible for me getting hooked.

We had our first Diamond cruise on our 30th wedding anniversary in August 2011 on Adventure out of Malaga.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had our first Diamond cruise on our 30th wedding anniversary in August 2011 on Adventure out of Malaga.

Interesting in that our first Royal cruise on Adventure was our 20 wedding anniversary. Great ship that will always be very memorable to me.

• Like 2

We have been out all day.

Pauline made a picnic and we went to our usual local beach for a couple of hours to eat it and go for a walk along the promenade.

We then went to the nearest garden centre 2 miles away and bought 3 packs of 6 bedding plants.

From here we went to McDonald's drive thru and got 2 ice cream Mcflurrys and a coffee and went back to a different spot in the beach car park to eat them.

After 2 hours gazing out to sea we went home and watered all the plants in the garden and in flower pots.

I hope everyone else had a lovely day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210610_211923.jpg

• Like 11

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Vax hunter news here.  

All adults in “our circle” were supposed to get second doses in mid-July at the same Public Health Unit location, but since we had our first shots before April 18 we could book new dates starting today. Being proactive we have got ourselves set up wait lists at multiple pharmacies over the last few days. 

• Mom got a call, she goes tomorrow just minutes from her cottage. 
  • Lisa and her mom have a double shot date 5 minutes apart, 40 minutes from home.
  • I go Sunday 10 minutes from home. 

A 5 week advancement sure beats waiting for Mid July. 

Good stuff.

I got my 2nd shot today. Mrs. Dawg got hers a couple of months ago so the house is fully vaxed! I also just found out the forth in my regular golf group is getting his 2nd shot tomorrow so we'll all be vaxed for our game this Saturday.  🏌️‍♂️

And yes, I'm going to blame at least 10 strokes on the sore arm I got from the shot! 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1