Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We did a little work on the deck this morning, then a nice long bike ride then spent 3 hours on the beach reading and walking along the water.     Our house is on 23rd Street and we learned our new neighbor on 21st street was the CFO of J & J.     He had bought 2 homes right on the beach for 2.3 million had them torn down and built huge house with a roof top pool / hot tub, 9 bedrooms, 16 or 17 bathrooms,  etc.    Realtor buddy told me he spent all in about 6 million for this place.       We all laughed and said he will probably do what most people do with these mansions at the shore, rarely use it.

We had a beautiful sunny day but just had a quick thunderstorm blow through, otherwise every day since Saturday has been very nice.     

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When Eric was in the hospital earlier this year with Covid.    he called me the one morning to tell me he couldn't believe they gave him a fresh grapefruit for his breakfast (he's a transplant recipient) someone there should know he's not allowed grapefruit!!!    

He told the nurse he couldn't eat it and wanted something else for breakfast she actually argued with him that it wouldn't kill him. 

This needs a "slapping my forehead" emoji.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Here are two pictures. One shows my DD with her fiancé. The other shows the table centerpieces. We were able to celebrate with a combined total of 52 family/friends. Great time. 

7BC35F81-6334-4F92-9744-9FCA2F2695B7.jpeg

48C55250-C83D-4382-8AE2-C0C404FC794F.jpeg

They make a beautiful couple. Look forward to seeing some wedding pics. Do I remember correctly, is this the young man in a trip report you did - the “curse of “ someone?  Or was that another poster?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

then a nice long bike ride

A long bike ride?   Was it this one that is on your end of the state?

D6C5D07F-302D-4DE7-BCBC-02337902A5C4.thumb.jpeg.81f1ca7d76afc5d7299e1b0fe42e1077.jpeg

I had to laugh when I saw this article this morning.  When we were in Toronto a few years ago, they were hosting the World Naked Bike Ride.  There were some things we wished we could unsee, when they all came riding by and into the park where we were.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

D6C5D07F-302D-4DE7-BCBC-02337902A5C4.thumb.jpeg.81f1ca7d76afc5d7299e1b0fe42e1077.jpeg

I had to laugh when I saw this article this morning.  When we were in Toronto a few years ago, they were hosting the World Naked Bike Ride.  There were some things we wished we could unsee, when they all came riding by and into the park where we were.

Bike seats are not all that comfortable as it is. A little padding between the seat and myself is appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

They make a beautiful couple. Look forward to seeing some wedding pics. Do I remember correctly, is this the young man in a trip report you did - the “curse of “ someone?  Or was that another poster?

The one and only Brandon!

And if we sail in October, me and the spouse, I want to try to really do a live thread.

Have theme picked out.

Stay healthy

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

They have that every year in San Francisco, but in addition to the exotic helmets, there is a lot more body paint and multicolored hair. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When Eric was in the hospital earlier this year with Covid.    he called me the one morning to tell me he couldn't believe they gave him a fresh grapefruit for his breakfast (he's a transplant recipient) someone there should know he's not allowed grapefruit!!!    

He told the nurse he couldn't eat it and wanted something else for breakfast she actually argued with him that it wouldn't kill him. 

The nurse should have checked if she didn't know.

The juice can nullify the effects or exaggerate the effects of certain medications etc which can have a detrimental affect on a person's health.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

This is our front garden.

12 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

You have a beautiful home and landscaping................enjoy!!!!!

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Your garden is amazing.

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

grapau...your garden is awesome!!!

11 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Gorgeous!

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I second that

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Graham, your yard looks amazing. 

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

Wow what a beautiful garden.

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Beautiful garden!

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I third that.  Totally exquisite. 

All of the above + 4th that 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bike seats are not all that comfortable as it is. A little padding between the seat and myself is appreciated.

A littler padding, celery could do the job. Cut to fit, and a snack prior to use.😂

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

What's wrong with the "Wiz"?????????????

😄  I knew you would chime in on that!!  😄  

Wiz (as in Wizard) is good stuff...the other "Wiz"....errr...umm..not so much.  😉 

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

😄  I knew you would chime in on that!!  😄  

Wiz (as in Wizard) is good stuff...the other "Wiz"....errr...umm..not so much.  😉 

One is fake - the other an "original"...............you decided!!!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Every since I was a kid I loved tomatoes, and loved tomato juice!

I also loved grapes as a kid, but hated grape juice.

But then, in high school, I discovered fermentation...  🍷🥳 Best darn thing I learned in High School!

All good grapes dream of being trapped in a bottle.  It's our job to set them free later.  😄 🍷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

No OJ or grapefruit juice for Mean Mary as she is a diabetic.

I feel for Mary.  Hope she is doing well enduring it. 

My blood sugar was up...had to do something about it.  Giving up OJ was one of the best things to help that, plus being aware of  sugar levels on labels.  

Next check up, my sugar level went down...avoiding the disease so far.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Looks like all guys to me...and a lot like events in Key West.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1