Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Excellent news for Pauline.  I'll be two weeks since my second jab Thursday.  Had some mild side effect but nothing major.  So nice to have protection.

Thank you voyager 70

I'm happy you have experienced only mild side effects but you should have full protection now.🤞👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here I hate tomato juice.    Eric used to drink V8's - Yuck - Gross!

I guess it's wierd since I love tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, just not tomato juice or tomato soup.

Yep, love tomatoes. Juice is just odd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Voyager70.

We have had no rain for over a week now.

Pauline has her second Astra Zeneca vaccine jab tomorrow.🤞

Hopefully Pauline will have no side effects after her 2nd jab except relief.

Your backyard looks so peaceful and inviting.

53 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was going to say the same thing like water chestnuts in spinach dip. Nice crunch. 

My local Chinese take out place KNOWS to leave water chestnuts out of my chicken with mixed veggies.  She repeats it every time I call up an order. No allergy, just don't like the crunch,  To me it's like biting into raw potatoes.

Yes, we all have different tastes and opinions. It's what makes life less boring!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't either.

Hopefully it's only a mini vacation as I was looking forward to seeing his new house being built.

I may pick up the slack, but not at the detail he was sharing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

Hopefully Pauline will have no side effects after her 2nd jab except relief.

Your backyard looks so peaceful and inviting.

My local Chinese take out place KNOWS to leave water chestnuts out of my chicken with mixed veggies.  She repeats it every time I call up an order. No allergy, just don't like the crunch,  To me it's like biting into raw potatoes.

Yes, we all have different tastes and opinions. It's what makes life less boring!

Thank you Bonnie.

It needs some cc buddies here to have a drink and chat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here I hate tomato juice.    Eric used to drink V8's - Yuck - Gross!

I guess it's wierd since I love tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, just not tomato juice or tomato soup.

You had me right up until you said no tomato soup.  Nothing better than tomato/basil soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner on a winter night.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes very good. I don't what's in cheese wiz and I probably don't want to know. My mom always made us cheese wiz sandwiches when we were kids, so I'm used to it.

Cheeze Wiz is probably as closely related to cheese as RCI's soft serve is related to ice cream.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Probably a safe bet that cheese isn't the first item on the ingredients list.

Simple enough to Google this myself...

What Are the Ingredients in Cheez Whiz?

By Staff WriterLast Updated Mar 25, 2020 3:41:08 AM ET

There are 27 ingredients listed on the Cheez Whiz label, including whey, canola oil, milk, milk protein concentrate and maltodextrin. Other ingredients include sodium phosphate, whey protein concentrate, salt, lactic acid, sodium alginate, mustard flour, vinegar, molasses, corn syrup, water, caramel color, garlic powder, sugar, spices, tamarind, sorbic, milkfat, cheese culture, oleoresin paprika, annatto, natural flavor and enzymes.

Interestingly, there is no cheese listed as a main ingredient, although there is something called "cheese culture." Cheez Whiz, which made its debut in 1953, was intended to be a shortcut for the sauce used on the then-popular dish called Welsh rarebit, but it quickly became a staple in American kitchens and was used in a variety of dishes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You had me right up until you said no tomato soup.  Nothing better than tomato/basil soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner on a winter night.

Coastal Kitchen has an awesome smoked tomato basil soup. Sometimes you get it at Chef's Table. 

• Like 4

We haven’t flown yet but about a week after we get back from our July St Maarten cruise we are off to Buffalo, they are having a memorial for my wife’s uncle who passed last year from Covid, so good chance so she can see her family and friends , they almost never have direct flights and we were able to get them both ways. 
  On my cousin vinny the guy who plays the sheriff is also in one of our favorite movies Animal House,

Edited by George C