Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I always get grapefruit juice. It's my before 9:AM SB. 😉

Used to drink that...but had my fill of way too much Grapefruit juice (though it was fantastic juice) from our huge Pink Grapefruit tree in our yard for 20 years when we lived on Merritt Island near PC.  Nothing compares to that...so have now switched to the Cranberry juice.   Actually used to make a drink from the Grapefruit juice, vodka, and Cranberry juice.  We called it a "Surfspray Cooler"...due to living on Surfspray Drive.  😄 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

OH tooo funny!  😄  I remember a charter flight to Biloxi (weekender gambling junket) that did the dollar in the bag thing...didn't win...but thought it was a cute game.  😉 

There was a lot of funny on that trip.  After we cleared the airport, we loaded everyone on buses.  Since, it was not yet noon we couldn’t check into the hotel yet, so we took everyone to the harbor and loaded them on a bunch of glass bottom boats for a harbor tour.  So, one of my customers realized that we wouldn’t have planned to have any drinks on the small boats, so he finds a Mexican kid and waves a twenty at him and told the boy to find us a few cases of beer.  Next thing there is a man running up to my customer with 3 cases of beer, and my customer gave him a $100.  My wife was a bit concerned because that customer was already well and truly loaded.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

There was a lot of funny on that trip.  After we cleared the airport, we loaded everyone on buses.  Since, it was not yet noon we couldn’t check into the hotel yet, so we took everyone to the harbor and loaded them on a bunch of glass bottom boats for a harbor tour.  So, one of my customers realized that we wouldn’t have planned to have any drinks on the small boats, so he finds a Mexican kid and waves a twenty at him and told the boy to find us a few cases of beer.  Next thing there is a man running up to my customer with 3 cases of beer, and my customer gave him a $100.  My wife was a bit concerned because that customer was already well and truly loaded.  

I used to be a 'customer' Good times.

My youngest went on his first junket a few weeks ago. Didn't end well from what I interpreted.🤮

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, love tomatoes. Juice is just odd

Every since I was a kid I loved tomatoes, and loved tomato juice!

I also loved grapes as a kid, but hated grape juice.

But then, in high school, I discovered fermentation...  🍷🥳 Best darn thing I learned in High School!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We have had no rain for about 10 days which is unusual for us so tonight after cutting the grass we got the hosepipe out again.

This is our front garden.

IMG_20210608_185013.jpg

You have a beautiful home and landscaping................enjoy!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Slow day around here today. Owen did get to skip out of “pandemic home school” for an hour today. We took him out to get cap and gown photos done for grade 8 grad. Only 10 days left for him. Hard to believe he’s almost done. Drive by grad when it happens. Pics to come. 

4F798AAD-7697-4F13-838B-C7F090602D90.thumb.jpeg.af944d922a4d9564e4eb1e9d36dc482b.jpeg

Crispy chicken dinner tonight. Poor presentation but delicious flavours. 

2E14BAD4-9D26-44B4-AE07-F7C0AC2ABD7B.thumb.jpeg.9c90dc75a9eb18006cb74ed864b07bb6.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We have had no rain for about 10 days which is unusual for us so tonight after cutting the grass we got the hosepipe out again.

This is our front garden.

Wow what a beautiful garden.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Grapefruit juice is definitely not to be taken with my heart medications.

When Eric was in the hospital earlier this year with Covid.    he called me the one morning to tell me he couldn't believe they gave him a fresh grapefruit for his breakfast (he's a transplant recipient) someone there should know he's not allowed grapefruit!!!    

He told the nurse he couldn't eat it and wanted something else for breakfast she actually argued with him that it wouldn't kill him. 

• Like 2