Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, George C said:

We haven’t flown yet but about a week after we get back from our July St Maarten cruise we are off to Buffalo, they are having a memorial for my wife’s uncle who passed last year from Covid, so good chance so she can see her family and friends , they almost never have direct flights and we were able to get them both ways. 
  On my cousin vinny the guy who plays the sheriff is also in one of our favorite movies Animal House,

D-Day...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

D-Day...

Steven Bishop who wrote the music for that movie was talking about it on my last cruise , he was playing the guitar in the movie and John Belushi grabbed the guitar  and smashed it against the wall, he said he still has that guitar and entire cast of the movie signed it.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Steven Bishop who wrote the music for that movie was talking about it on my last cruise , he was playing the guitar in the movie and John Belushi grabbed the guitar  and smashed it against the wall, he said he still has that guitar and entire cast of the movie signed it.

Would have been very interesting to be on the set of Animal House.  Same for Caddyshack, which was supposed to have been a non-stop party.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm a little over 900K miles so not even a million miler yet.  I might get there, but probably not soon.  Last I looked though, that was just permanent silver which as you say, only offers minor benefits.  Rarely do you get a first class bump now from silver.

Bucky has been a million miler for some time now...got a welcome letter...and that was it.  We don't even pay attention to it.  😉 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I guess I am an odd duck. I love tomato juice, V8, Bloody Mary's with celery and even tuna and chicken salad with celery for some crunch. Oh well different strokes for different folks. John is right if you eat just plain celery you burn more calories eating it than the calories that are in celery.

Ditto to all of the above.  ^  😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes very good. I don't what's in cheese wiz and I probably don't want to know. My mom always made us cheese wiz sandwiches when we were kids, so I'm used to it.

LOL...just the name Cheese "Wiz" is pretty much how I feel about that goo.  😉  Runny version of Velveeta Cheese.  😄 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, love tomatoes. Juice is just odd

Since I had to give up Orange Juice years ago, I went to Cranberry Juice 5 calorie at home.  Ships don't have that, so it is a glass of V8 in the morning with breakfast instead.  It's acquired taste I guess.  😉 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Would have been very interesting to be on the set of Animal House.  Same for Caddyshack, which was supposed to have been a non-stop party.

I believe it is likely every film .I was an Extra in The Night They Raided Minsky’s and You’re a Big Boy Now.They were non stop parties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Guessing it was something in the Florida Resident thread, although to me, he was showing quite a bit of restraint vs. the past.

Oh boy...you can tell I don't stray much from this thread (pretty much this, the D,D+, Pinnie thread, and the roll calls is it for me).  Never even heard of the Florida Resident thread.   😮 

• Thanks 1

You had me right up until you said no tomato soup.  Nothing better than tomato/basil soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner on a winter night.

Oh..yumm!  That is one of my favorite lunches in CK!  😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Cheeze Wiz is probably as closely related to cheese as RCI's soft serve is related to ice cream.

Kind of like when you have those cheese plates brought around to you in France...then come back and try to gag on the "processed" cheese we have here in the states.  😜  Takes awhile to get used to our flavorless cheese again.  😉 

Simple enough to Google this myself...

What Are the Ingredients in Cheez Whiz?

By Staff WriterLast Updated Mar 25, 2020 3:41:08 AM ET

There are 27 ingredients listed on the Cheez Whiz label, including whey, canola oil, milk, milk protein concentrate and maltodextrin. Other ingredients include sodium phosphate, whey protein concentrate, salt, lactic acid, sodium alginate, mustard flour, vinegar, molasses, corn syrup, water, caramel color, garlic powder, sugar, spices, tamarind, sorbic, milkfat, cheese culture, oleoresin paprika, annatto, natural flavor and enzymes.

Interestingly, there is no cheese listed as a main ingredient, although there is something called "cheese culture." Cheez Whiz, which made its debut in 1953, was intended to be a shortcut for the sauce used on the then-popular dish called Welsh rarebit, but it quickly became a staple in American kitchens and was used in a variety of dishes.

Mmmm...yummy!!  Not!!!!  🤢

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

LOL...just the name Cheese "Wiz" is pretty much how I feel about that goo.  😉  Runny version of Velveeta Cheese.  😄 

We took a company trip to Cabo San Lucas back in 1996, and I will never forget the charter flight.  The wife of a customer was behind us in about the middle of the plane with about 250 passengers, and since it was a charter by the time we got close to Cabo everyone was pretty loaded, we used to play a game where everyone put a dollar in a bag with their name on it, and whoever had their dollar pulled out won the bag..  She won!  Next thing I knew she was spraying cheese whiz all over her seat companions.  

A few days later I saw her in the lobby of our hotel, wrapped up like a mummy.  Apparently, she didn’t just drink on the plane, but while riding a four wheeler she crashed into the cactus in the desert.  

My DW can’t see cheese whiz without having a bad flashback to the cheese whiz spraying.  

JC

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Since I had to give up Orange Juice years ago, I went to Cranberry Juice 5 calorie at home.  Ships don't have that, so it is a glass of V8 in the morning with breakfast instead.  It's acquired taste I guess.  😉 

I always get grapefruit juice. It's my before 9:AM SB. 😉

27 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We took a company trip to Cabo San Lucas back in 1996, and I will never forget the charter flight.  The wife of a customer was behind us in about the middle of the plane with about 250 passengers, and since it was a charter by the time we got close to Cabo everyone was pretty loaded, we used to play a game where everyone put a dollar in a bag with their name on it, and whoever had their dollar pulled out won the bag..  She won!  Next thing I knew she was spraying cheese whiz all over her seat companions.  

A few days later I saw her in the lobby of our hotel, wrapped up like a mummy.  Apparently, she didn’t just drink on the plane, but while riding a four wheeler she crashed into the cactus in the desert.  

My DW can’t see cheese whiz without having a bad flashback to the cheese whiz spraying.  

JC

Maybe she thought it was silly string

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

JC

OH tooo funny!  😄  I remember a charter flight to Biloxi (weekender gambling junket) that did the dollar in the bag thing...didn't win...but thought it was a cute game.  😉