Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

*** What would a 3 bed 2 bath house in middle class neighborhood sell for?

Hard to reply, since usually you'll only find 4 bedrooms and up. Average family has 3 kids, where every kids is "entitled" to his/her own bedroom. According to the building regulations, one room has to be built as a anti-missiles shelter. Usually, this room serves as a den -- it's not an agreeable room for sleeping.

I live in the center of Herzliya, 10 miles north of Tel-Aviv. The city is divided by the autoroute Tel-Aviv-Haifa -- center and beachfront. From the center, a mere 8-10 min drive to the Med beach.

Huge difference in prices between the 2 parts, with the "beachfront" being very expensive -- the US embassy is there, among others.

So, near the center, a middle class semi attached/attached 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, on a 62 acres lot will sell between 1.280.000$ to 1.485.000$.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mother Nature decided to help with the winter preparations and took down our canopy for us last night.  Thankfully no trees came down but from pictures on the news others weren’t as lucky. 

0A5890DB-E25D-4829-9818-A1B66D705630.jpeg

Lucky that was the only thing damaged.  I'm in PA we had nasty storms blow thru last night.  All good at my house but local news is showing some with trees down and power outages.    Very chilly and windy here today.

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The pot pies were one of my favorites.

Mine too!  Just yesterday I was at local food store called wegmans that has a section of their own made foods.  I picked up a couple turkey and chicken pot pies yesterday.  Going to make for dinner tonight.  Yummy comfort food!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mother Nature decided to help with the winter preparations and took down our canopy for us last night.  Thankfully no trees came down but from pictures on the news others weren’t as lucky. 

Wow.  Glad there wasn't more damage.  A couple weeks back we had the remnants of a hurricane come through ATL, and were lucky to avoid any damage and no power outage.

1. Surprised the chairs are still there

2. Glad it didn't lift off and fly away

3. Would have been nice if the wind had folded it

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Lucky that was the only thing damaged.  I'm in PA we had nasty storms blow thru last night.  All good at my house but local news is showing some with trees down and power outages.    Very chilly and windy here today.

We are north of you in Ontario but it was the same storm and there is a definite chill in the air today. 

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hard to reply, since usually you'll only find 4 bedrooms and up. Average family has 3 kids, where every kids is "entitled" to his/her own bedroom. According to the building regulations, one room has to be built as a anti-missiles shelter. Usually, this room serves as a den -- it's not an agreeable room for sleeping.

I live in the center of Herzliya, 10 miles north of Tel-Aviv. The city is divided by the autoroute Tel-Aviv-Haifa -- center and beachfront. From the center, a mere 8-10 min drive to the Med beach.

Huge difference in prices between the 2 parts, with the "beachfront" being very expensive -- the US embassy is there, among others.

So, near the center, a middle class semi attached/attached 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, on a 62 acres lot will sell between 1.280.000$ to 1.485.000$.

62 acres...that's a lot of land!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Domino D said:

3. Would have been nice if the wind had folded it

Lol, to be fair the only reason it was still up was that this was going to be its last year.  There were a few small tears in the corners and we were ordering a new one for next spring. We find they last 3-4 years.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3

Anyone else ever seen "Cruise with Ben and David" on YouTube?

I had the entire cruising year of 2020 replay in two weeks.  Went from maybe there is a way to cruise safely, to nope, in two videos. 

My mother is right, patience is a virtue.  Still working on that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I have the feeling that I've made a mistake....😢

0.06177 ....acres

Wow, that is expensive.

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I have the feeling that I've made a mistake....😢

0.06177 ....acres

That make sense.  All good!

Homes in my neighborhood, cost on average $350,000 usd for a 3 bedroom 2 bath with full basement  0.50 acre lot.  Some in my area are 500k to 800k for larger homes.  Then about 10 minutes away they go for a million and up.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, molly361 said:

That's about the time frame for houses in our neighborhood to sell as well.  Congrats- guess you have to find a place to rent now

Agree there.  Local "in house realtors" at our community have waiting lists for clients to buy here (mostly from the north lands).  Once anyone breathes they are putting their house up for sale...it's like flies on stink.  😮 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just curious, since here you can sell a house and continue to live in it until your new house is ready, even for more than a year. Of course, part of the money will be paid at the end.

Another option is to pay rent at the prevailing rates and remain until leaving (mostly by people with kids in the local school).

It saves moving twice...

No such options in FL?

When I used to buy and sell homes in Michigan, you had a standard 30 days to be out.  Here in Florida, I think the lawyers got involved (liability issue) and made sure you had to be out as soon as the ink was dry on the papers at closing.  Real PITA if something goes wrong with the final closing! 

My sister had an arrangement with new buyers to rent her now sold house from them, until she could buy her new house.  That happens a lot also, especially with buyers who don't want to move down in the heat of the summer.  

To avoid that hassle, the houses I have bought or built in Florida, I simply don't put my old house up for sale until I get the new one settled into after closing on it (remodel/build/upggrade/clean).  Makes the move much easier.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This is the first home either I or the boss have had built. All the others in our past were built but new, or had a previous owner. This one will have what we want.

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

that’s so exciting @Milwaukee Eight the chance to design it just the way you want!

We were living in a 3rd floor apt (top floor) without elevator. My elderly mother had trouble climbing all these stairs and offered us a free interest loan to buy another apt, this time with elevator.

We weren't interested in changing neighborhood and it took us 5 years to find what we were looking for, after "patrolling" the neighborhood every Saturday. The builder was just installing the billboard advertising "new apts" and right there we "accosted" him and asked to buy.

He told us that he hasn't even a building permit yet... so our lawyer drafted a buying agreement "depending on the building permit being achieved"...

It took another year until the permit was obtained, and another 2 years to build the building (5 floors, 14 apts.)

Due to the shelter regulations, we couldn't change the infrastructure, only the tiles, and had custom made kitchen and bathroom cabinets. It was our 1st time, like yours, and I enjoy looking at the fixtures I know I'm "responsible" for choosing them....😁

• Like 3