Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In my other job as a contractor I have learned one thing  "never offer advice to a client on paint colours"...it never ends well with one of the clients....no need for me to get involved in their argument.

The old Home Depot near our house, one of the originals, had a paint department run by Gene.  There were signs all over "Gene's rules".  Rule 1. Husbands are not allowed to order paint without a note from their wife. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am always amazed that most european apartments/home have tiny fridges (like a hotel, cruise fridge or college dorm size).    I cannot imagine not having a "normal" size fridge like we do in america.    How do they stock their fridge during quarantine?  

I can't imagine not having the extra freezer in my garage.  A hoarding must have. 😁 

We're still cooking that March chicken.

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

After 35 years of marriage, my wife has convinced me I have no opinion on things like this.

Give it another 7 years, 42 for us, I know her choice of colors is what it will be😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sounds like a very interesting and fun experience.  🙂   We are used to small, after many years of living on and off for weeks, months of the year in the motor home.  You make it work.  😉 

We are starting to have a lot of conversations about RV life.  Lots of things we love about it.  Big BUT, we can't determine who is emptying the black water tank.  Do they have an app where you can hire someone to do that for you?  "Poop Patrol" or something?

• Like 1

@davekathy we bought a new car last year.  The young woman was negotiating with "la jeffa", and at one point looked at me and said "What do you think Jim?"  I said "I don't.  I can't help you.  I'm only here to sign the paperwork at the end." 

Happy wife.... Continued Life.

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Domino D said:

@davekathy we bought a new car last year.  The young woman was negotiating with "la jeffa", and at one point looked at me and said "What do you think Jim?"  I said "I don't.  I can't help you.  I'm only here to sign the paperwork at the end." 

I do draw the line in he sand when it comes to vehicles makes, models, options and colors. All on me. My wife is in total agreement on that. 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am always amazed that most european apartments/home have tiny fridges (like a hotel, cruise fridge or college dorm size).    I cannot imagine not having a "normal" size fridge like we do in america.    How do they stock their fridge during quarantine?  

Quarantine must be making things difficult in all areas.  They have been so used to simply shopping each day for food.  Making up dinner plans as to what is available fresh each day.  

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You quoted everyone but me. I feel left out. 😇

M8

It wasn't me... the site must have reached it's quote limit.  I'll be emailing the administrators today.

In the meantime as a peace offering

SUPERMAN & SUPERHEROES HARLEY DAVİDSON / FOR KİDS DİSNEY 3D ANİMATİON -  YouTube

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Domino D said:

We are starting to have a lot of conversations about RV life.  Lots of things we love about it.  Big BUT, we can't determine who is emptying the black water tank.  Do they have an app where you can hire someone to do that for you?  "Poop Patrol" or something?

LOL...you get used to it.  I never had to change a diaper...but many got used to that as well.  😉 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I do draw the line in he sand when it comes to vehicles makes, models, options and colors. All on me. My wife is in total agreement on that. 😎

As Bruce Lee said... Be Water.

I draw the line at emptying the black water tank on an RV.  #notmyretirement 

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

His and hers vehicles.  Your choice...my choice.  Bucky is still mussing about what his next one will be...has been for a couple of years now.   

Me, I do the negotiating.  Did so on the motor home as well.   Most wanted to kill me after I got done with them, but many also wanted to hire me as a sales person.  LOL!!  😄 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In my other job as a contractor I have learned one thing  "never offer advice to a client on paint colours"...it never ends well with one of the clients....no need for me to get involved in their argument.

The best money I spent on our renovations was on an interior designer. Helped me to avoid all of those discussions. 😉😁

12 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Happy wife.... Continued Life.

My expression is similar, “happy wife... typically happy life”.😉  

“Yes dear” is my sassy response when I have had enough. 

When it comes to cars, she does her thing I do mine. We still chat about it, but just like with cruises she says do as you want. Expecting a call from a salesman later today.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

His and hers vehicles.  Your choice...my choice.  Bucky is still mussing about what his next one will be...has been for a couple of years now.   

Me, I do the negotiating.  Did so on the motor home as well.   Most wanted to kill me after I got done with them, but many also wanted to hire me as a sales person.  LOL!!  😄 

There was one young guy who sold my wife a car on his first attempt.  No second visit required.  I have his picture on my phone, as he is a unicorn.  Sent it to my son, who couldn't believe it had been done.

The last car we bought, the finance guy convinced her to get the extended warranty.  She woke up the next morning with buyers remorse.  She took the car back to the dealership, without me (I was not needed), and told them she had been tricked into getting the warranty and didn't want the car.  She came home with the car, no warranty, a years worth of free oil changes, and a $50 gift card (for Long Horn I think).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

“Yes dear” is my sassy response when I have had enough. 

We still chat about it, but just like with cruises she says do as you want. Expecting a call from a salesman later today.😁

My sassy response is "Why are you asking me, you know my opinion is irrelevant."

I book the all the vacations, but she approves the budget.   I open the conversation high, and let her talk me down.  Then I do the "Oh I thought that was without taxes, port fees, and gratuities."  Learned that from the cruise lines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Domino D said:

My sassy response is "Why are you asking me, you know my opinion is irrelevant."

I book the all the vacations, but she approves the budget.   I open the conversation high, and let her talk me down.  Then I do the "Oh I thought that was without taxes, port fees, and gratuities."  Learned that from the cruise lines.

Mine is "What ever!!"  Spoken a tad harshly.  😉 

• Like 1

Now that I am getting older, today I decided to pull out some old boxes stored away and go through them. Actually forgot what was in most of them.  When I opened the  box these were in I just had to display them.  Cleaned them up placed on table until the wall shelves are installed. Some oldies but goodies. Flash bulbs Film, film cases all original. 

EA590823-A87D-44E8-B7A2-F447C5003EF9.jpeg

D925D491-6E9B-4D39-8497-55DA1DB0539B.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1