Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I grew up on Kid Cuisine and the Schwan’s truck 

our news of the day is that we officially applied for a loan on a property in FL. We hope to rent it out for a year or 2.

I also ordered a new dining table and it shipped today. Just in time for Thanksgiving for 2 😩. I’m used to doing the whole shebang for the holiday. 

I still need to get around to editing all the video from the trip. I was hoping for this weekend but forgot I have a hair appt and a birthday party to go to.

Congratulations on your offer being accepted!  Let the fun begin with all the paperwork.  🙂

• Haha 1

My DH just lost his last blood related family member..........complications of surgery, not COVID.

Once the estate settles part of it is as the sole survivor he will inherit two lots in Lehigh acres Florida.

OK

Have no clue where this is in relation to nice areas only know where it is at by looking at a map.

Obviously not ocean front.

Probably never developed as a development.

So probably sell.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

My DH just lost his last blood related family member..........complications of surgery, not COVID.

Once the estate settles part of it is as the sole survivor he will inherit two lots in Lehigh acres Florida.

OK

Have no clue where this is in relation to nice areas only know where it is at by looking at a map.

So probably sell.

About 18 miles outside Ft Meyers. 

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

OK

So probably sell.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

ATTENTION CAT OWNERS

My son and DL have 3 cats (we are dog people), so in looking at gifts on Amazon this came up.  How exactly do you give a cat a bath in this?  Has anyone successfully gotten a cat in to this cat straight jacket?  

image.png.4e593196868d3c517a24a5b1eeda9ba3.png

• Haha 1

I think one of the safest ways to avoid wild fires is to dig some deep line around the house and cover the rest of the territory with stones. I heard many people on the west coast of Australia saved their homes just because of it 

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

About 20 miles from the airport to Lehigh Acres

Thanks button

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Seems to me that the "like buttons" have disappeared ???

Like button

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes they have. Maybe they are adding the sad one, upon your request. 😉

Laughing button

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Meantime, how I'm going to say "thanks" to you?😕

Like button

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

ATTENTION CAT OWNERS

My son and DL have 3 cats (we are dog people), so in looking at gifts on Amazon this came up.  How exactly do you give a cat a bath in this?  Has anyone successfully gotten a cat in to this cat straight jacket?  

Maybe they include a lot of bandages with it.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, maggieq said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we move toward another lock down in NJ. 

I'm kind of lost without cruise or vacation countdown so my countdown is for 2021 😊😊🎉🎉

Does anyone have vacation plans for early 2021?  Even if it’s not a cruise, would love to here updates to keep the rest of us going until we can travel.  

I can't officially book anything for early 2021 until RCI finally does the right thing, to let us know they have cancelled the early 2021 Australia season.  I want cash back...not more FCC vouchers.  😜

Once I can move forward, will schedule some road trips, some B&Bs, and have a time share week I need to use up.  Not to mention, a few flight vouchers due to cancelled cruises.  Ugg...

Probably get the land yacht out again for a couple of short local trips.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, singinalot said:

I grew up on Kid Cuisine and the Schwan’s truck 

our news of the day is that we officially applied for a loan on a property in FL. We hope to rent it out for a year or 2.

I also ordered a new dining table and it shipped today. Just in time for Thanksgiving for 2 😩. I’m used to doing the whole shebang for the holiday. 

I still need to get around to editing all the video from the trip. I was hoping for this weekend but forgot I have a hair appt and a birthday party to go to.

Where did you end up buying?  I may have missed that info, if you posted it earlier.  You will love the Panhandle.  🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Domino D said:

ATTENTION CAT OWNERS

Getting a cat into a straight jacket sounds interesting. I wouldn’t try it!

Cats are more or less self cleaning. I once had to bathe my cat after an unfortunate encounter with a skunk, but he was a bit shocky and let himself be washed. Luckily, it was a very young skunk!

We are really bored when watching an old cow barn being reduced to ashes is my viewing highlight of the day. Thanks for posting all the photos. It is a fun thread to catch up on what everyone is doing in these uncertain times. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: 

It is sad that the Seadream cruise imploded. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

we’re still in process - Niceville. It’s just outside of Destin. my grandma has lived there for 30+ years. After my grandpa died she moved there with his military benefits, fell in love again, and never left. Her boyfriend of 30 years passed away this May and the headstone was just recently delivered. Because of COVID there was quite a delay in the supply chain. 😞

Hello almost neighbor.  My son lives in Ft. Walton Beach and we live just north of Milton.  We moved here last year and so far are very happy with this part of Florida.

• Like 2

Yesterday got the outside trim of my tiny house painted. It was brown, now its maybe too white. My parents have a very large house 5 minutes away so I bought a tiny house near them. Not the house I would have chosen, but it suits me except I'd like more land. I'm spitting distance to the city of dallas and in a good school district. Spent 20k gutting the kitchen, another 15k doing other work. Was a estate sale and needed everything. I used to flip houses, so making it my own. When I bought there was a pine tree by the garage corner, and two LARGE  shrubs that was round and so big they scraped the roof. New silver, stainless steel mailbox and painted trim yesterday and a few inside jobs by my contractor. Now that the bush is cut back, I could add doorbell security... not the prettiest house ..

But its mine, paid cash. Once it's done all my money can go to cruises. 

20201112_083052.jpg

20201113_163048.jpg

• Like 7