Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Anyone know of a good plumber?  We seem to have a leak.....water coming down out of the sky now for three days. 😖🌨️

I don't know of a plumber who can help with this, but these people build domes.  That should help a little. 

https://www.vikingdome.com/domes/domes-events/

We might be reintroduced to some type of lockdown soon as our Governor is having a late afternoon press conference. Cases are skyrocketing, our grandkids school has canceled  all after school activities for at least a week.

8 students/5 teacher tested positive this week.

The roller coaster ride continues.

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

We might be reintroduced to some type of lockdown soon as our Governor is having a late afternoon press conference. Cases are skyrocketing, our grandkids school has canceled  all after school activities for at least a week.

8 students/5 teacher tested positive this week.

The roller coaster ride continues.

😥 Stay safe.

29 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We have an egg poaching pan. It has 4 little flat cups. You season the cups, put water in the bottom to steam them and they come out as perfect poached eggs every time. :classic_biggrin:

What brand cookware? I had one years ago, inexpensive metal, and i had a hard time cleaning it even if greased .

1 hour ago, Etta1213 said:

What brand cookware? I had one years ago, inexpensive metal, and i had a hard time cleaning it even if greased .

I had the same problem years ago.  I gave up and threw it out.  Ever since then I just boil water in a skillet to poach my eggs.  Works pretty good.

15 hours ago, Domino D said:

I don't know of a plumber who can help with this, but these people build domes.  That should help a little. 

https://www.vikingdome.com/domes/domes-events/

Pretty cool!  

Nah...only Viking we are scheduled for is in Europe 2023.  😉 

Eta is traveling around like she had too much Carib Rum...she is doing loop-t-loops out the Gulf and now headed back to Florida again.  Sheezz...maybe I need to build that dome anyway.  😮 

• Like 3

True story.

When we moved into our new house in 1993, we got a brand new microwave and it was massive.

Had to buy it's own table to sit on in the corner of the kitchen.

It came with a pamphlet to order microwave safe utensils/cookware.

Yup you guessed it one of the choices was an egg dish to do poached eggs.

Yup we ordered it via mail, took a couple weeks to get it (no amazon back then).

So when it arrives the DH follows the directions and times the eggs perfectly and man they were delicious.

So, one morning I'm in a hurry pop the eggs in the dish, put in microwave and well guessed the time and intensity of heat or whatever that button was for.

Next thing you know the eggs in container exploded and yolk, yellow everywhere in vents and side walls.

It was gross.

Took awhile to get all the splatter cleaned up.

We smelled raw egg scent for days.  (just like the way you smell popcorn after you microwave it).

We never used that dish again and went back to Grandmas old fashioned pot.

Darn new contraptions.

Yea it was me though.

I think I will make poached eggs tomorrow with  sauce.

Stay healthy

• Haha 1

I wanted to say thank-you to all that have served, no matter where you live. 

8E4D5CDE-8495-4B4D-9D65-4820791B6B9C.jpeg.28013b45069cb2805c2008275371a640.jpeg

Here is a video that I thought I would share with you that I watch every year about Canadian soldiers being repatriated from Afghanistan. It is a tear jerker but it makes you remember and realize what others sacrifice, so we can live our lives. 

Thank-you. ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Here is something odd.  My wife just told me it's Veterans Day, so todays posts are now more poignant.  Please know this shouldn't cause any ill feeling or concern, I didn't know it was Wednesday.  I didn't know the date.  I don't know for sure when Thanksgiving is.  35 years of marriage, and it turns out my wife is right again, I am oblivious.  

I do know when my upcoming deadlines are, and what cash flow will be for year end.  

Thank you to all the veterans.  I am making a donation to Wounded Warrior today (it is the least I can do). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3