Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like quite a mess.   Thank god it didnt enter your main home.  Hurricane Sandy in 2012 had left me with 8 to 10" inches of water in my basement after loss of power for sump pump.  I know what a mess it can be to clean up.  Hopefully not too much damaged on garage floors.  Good luck!

Sorry you had to go thru that. Sandy was horrible. Don't you live in S. Florida now? How was your area?

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

What a beautiful backyard your (neighbors) have! (In spite of the extra water) :classic_biggrin:

I agree. I love what they did since they moved in. Especially love the artificial grass. It looks so nice from here and he never has to mow it. 😀

30 minutes ago, Domino D said:

If it rains any more, your going to have think about loading 2 of every kind of animal on those boats. 

People who have never been flooded don't really understand how that much water just destroys things. 

Maybe I can use one of the cruise ships that's sitting empty. We have lost a bit of stuff but we are lucky it didn't go in the house. Stuff in the garages we will just take the loss on and not claim on the insurance. We lost tools and more, but it's just not worth claiming. Had it gone in the house that would be a different story. We gutted the kitchen about 5 years ago and had custom cabinets put in. I feel really bad for the people who had their houses flood and didn't have insurance. Seems like there's a lot of those here in South Florida.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

We walked out to the marina in Bluewater Bay. The hurricane a couple of months ago took out the dock and this boat. We were told the boat was $500,000 and is incurring fines daily. 

Ouch.

What kind of crane is even needed to get that out?

A032CB03-4DC6-4ECD-9C12-F9BB0E4FAFCF.jpeg

You don't lift the boat out of the water.  I suspect they will pump out the water and use air bags to displace the water and possibly help lift the boat.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 6:31 PM, dani negreanu said:

There is hope -- medical teams now know much more about Covid than at the beginning.

Here we have many many cases who were intubated, even in ICU, it took time, but they got "out" of it. It seems that intubation is not the "end of the world" as was in the pandemic'' early stages.

Fingers crossed for all involved.

+1.🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

DH is on the path to the ultimate poached egg...😁  A temporary replacement for Eggs Benedict, which I enjoy while cruising....

I have been told that sous vide is the way to make the ultimate poached egg.  I do a lot of sous vide, but never poached an egg that way.  

Several years ago Big Cedar Lodge used to do a Champagne Brunch in February, around Valentine’s Day in conjunction with Tattinger Champagne house and they served the best Eggs Benedict ever...  the bacon was replaced by a small beef filet.  Yum.  Good champagne too.

jc 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I always wear a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt,shorts and trainers during the day.

Screenshot_20201003_112147_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Trainers confuses most people on this side of the Atlantic.  We typically call them tennis shoes even when we never play tennis.  Sneakers is a fairly common term for them as well.

jc

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, singinalot said:

our last day in Fl and our one year wedding anniversary today. 

Completely missed that first sentence.  Happy Anniversary.  I remember when I was planning our 9 day Greek Isle cruise, and seeing the pictures in your review. 

On our first anniversary, we were watching Who's the Boss, Alf, and Dallas.  Listening to Livin on a Prayer and Walk Like an Egyptian.  

24 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Trainers confuses most people on this side of the Atlantic.  We typically call them tennis shoes even when we never play tennis.  Sneakers is a fairly common term for them as well.

jc

We always call them Deck Shoes in NE England but was to late to edit.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

ARZEENA, I need you to teach me how to be Diamond Plus🤓

Via zoom! Online learning.

I miss those good times so much! Thank you for touching my life and leaving good memories. Hope we can meet again soon.... Anthem 1/9/2022? Oasis 7/30/2021??? oh wheneverrrrr!