Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

We are in middle of a four week lockdown in England. No salons, gyms, essential shops only, work from home if possible, essential trips only, no pubs, restaurants or coffee shops open. Take away only. But not as strict as the first lockdown.  In France my cousin says they are only allowed one hour exercise within a kilometer of home and have to print off a timed form before the walk which has to be shown if asked by police to explain why they are out. Fines of 135 euro for non compliance 

So how does the general population feel about this, exhausted and accepting, or in rebellion ?

I know the US with the love of freedom/liberty that this would cause a lot of friction especially as you know 47% of the population feel it is a hoax or were cheated.

2 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

So how does the general population feel about this, exhausted and accepting, or in rebellion ?

I know the US with the love of freedom/liberty that this would cause a lot of friction especially as you know 47% of the population feel it is a hoax or were cheated.

Not sure about France but think in UK mainly resigned, though there is some push back and bending of rules.  Had a few demos in London. It seems mostly to be an honour system here, not much enforcement unless it's an illegal rave or party. 

Schools are still open though. All uni students are to be tested beginning of Dec before being allowed home for Xmas holidays and then I think most universities will move to online learning for next term

• Like 1

Steel is ready for the future bar. Limoncello will be provided by John and we will have our favourite RC drinks. 😄

The patina is amazing. 

CF9791DB-C42E-49C4-B6D4-FEEEAD47EB3C.thumb.jpeg.a66214c32d4b2f9c61505a7a011012da.jpeg

847CC008-4E9B-4425-9273-6381267018A4.thumb.jpeg.cc5a9ad233846a053949d500ec7afe75.jpeg

Steel and all supplies are loaded on the trailer.

For my next trick I’m gonna see if I can pick it up in one piece and take it to the fire. It only has to go half a mile, what could go wrong. 😆

D12CB3B9-609C-41D4-A70F-E5998ADB5904.thumb.jpeg.cfeff07b4a4644f427f9b7e8ba1e3f71.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Steel is ready for the future bar. Limoncello will be provided by John and we will have our favourite RC drinks. 😄

The patina is amazing. 

It is beautiful.  So jealous.  Looks like you successfully "raised the roof".  Congrats🙌

Edited by Domino D
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Would you and Bucky like to join us remotely for a steak dinner tonight?  I mean 22g of protein, it's obviously healthy.

Swanson Hungry Man Salisbury Steak 16 Oz - GJ Curbside

Oh yum...yummies!!  Actually now you have me hungry for meatloaf!  😉 😄 

We are headed to our local in community restaurant tonight.  They do have meatloaf on the menu...hmmmm??!!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

It's been years, but in college I was a huge fan of Swanson.  I might be okay with this.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I grew up on Swanson!  My mother was not much of a cook.  😉 

Without a doubt, gourmet food compared to the C-rats Bucky and I got the pleasure of choking down in another life. 😁 

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

We are in middle of a four week lockdown in England. No salons, gyms, essential shops only, work from home if possible, essential trips only, no pubs, restaurants or coffee shops open. Take away only. But not as strict as the first lockdown.  In France my cousin says they are only allowed one hour exercise within a kilometer of home and have to print off a timed form before the walk which has to be shown if asked by police to explain why they are out. Fines of 135 euro for non compliance 

Wow that sounds intense just to take a walk in France.     Some states in the US have restarted curfews of 10 pm to 6 am for bars and restaurants.    I guess we all knew this was coming as they kept warning us about a 2nd wave this Fall.    Doesn't make it any easier.      

I suspect PA will start with some restrictions soon as our cases continue to rise everyday.   My County was 155 cases and the state was something like 4500 cases as of yesterday.     

Most people I know think the opening of schools in September and how kids transmit the virus without any clue they have it is a big part of the problem as well as people allowing others into their homes for gatherings, etc.   

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Without a doubt, gourmet food compared to the C-rats Bucky and I got the pleasure of choking down in another life. 😁 

Yes....THAT I can believe!!   He also said something about lerps?.  Mmmm...yummy stuff in the swamp.  🤪 

He was thrilled to get the peanut butter and crackers...

everyone hated the "ham and eggs.....but he liked them.  Not much of a gourmet palate for sure!  😜

Best meal was going into town to the street vendors to see what "Momma-san" had cooking in the wok.  😘

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if we move toward another lock down in NJ. 

I'm kind of lost without cruise or vacation countdown so my countdown is for 2021 😊😊🎉🎉

Does anyone have vacation plans for early 2021?  Even if it’s not a cruise, would love to here updates to keep the rest of us going until we can travel.  

• Like 1

Ground Hog day 241 🤢

Up 6:30am  unload dishwaster, grind the coffee beans and make 10 cups, read WSJ, NYT, check stock and decide on trading for the day

7:30:-8:30 kids wandering down for breakfast and morning conversation

8:30 retire to the study for work/WebEx/Teams, check stocks and make any possible adjustments.

10:30 Walk the dogg

11:45:  Decide if I exit market or hold.

12:00 Lunch with the kids

12:30-4:00 back to office for work/WebEx/Teams

4:00  To the Gym or my daily cardio

6:00 Dinner with the family

7:00-9:00 meeting with the Far East

9:00-11:00 Netflix, Disney+, AmazonPrime, AppleTV

11:30 retire to bet

Tomorrow repeat for day 242

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

On the face of it, not a bad "routine".....😁

Like all things in life a routine is good, one that is stable with family even better.  The kink to probably most of us is how other things we took for granted like mingling with friends, out to eat, vacations and travel, and of course cruising are now so far out in the future, hard to put prospective on the daily life..

I do know, actually already appreciate, that this situation with so much family time will be special at least to me, to my kids not so much 🙄

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Like all things in life a routine is good,

You're so right -- "routine", the magic word. For me, it has a special meaning, and it was the reason I've put it in the thread title.

Winter 1991, the Gulf War in Israel. We were provided gas masks, depending on age. Every day at 6PM, curfew. Rockets were fired upon us during the dark hours. We slept in our clothes, more or less, and I was more worried about our kids, then 7 & 9, than ourselves.

During the day, the "life" was going on, but with changes. We had to be on call in our kid's school, shifts of 3-4 hours, so that in the event of rockets during the day, we'll help taking them to the nearest shelter.

One morning, about a month after the "festivities" started, my [late] friend, who was an actress, and when she was not acting, was going out every evening to the cinema, other plays, etc., asked me to come over to spend some time with her. Over coffee and tea, she told me: "Dani, I just want my routine back, that's all". Just then I've realized how much our life was disrupted, and her asking for her routine back is a motto with me since then -- I've come to appreciate the sheer routine of our lives....

And now, after almost 30 years, I want mine back.

• Like 7

I also heard the Tundra Swans heading south. After a few minutes of looking I found them. You might see them in this one. I’d love to joint them. 

693B635C-1C8C-4974-BCF9-34398D10E038.thumb.jpeg.6d170d25ae2de2c129d12b56b7a6d528.jpeg

5559F712-5C24-46BA-99E8-45A94BC75EFC.thumb.jpeg.1e475f72c4fccc2264907dac0154caf9.jpeg

745806C3-6F43-4F68-9EE7-74D1B71C5073.thumb.jpeg.a51aa3a3fccafcd17c3a831f64ecb9c3.jpeg

Clouds looked amazing. The weather wasn’t hot today but there was no wind and it was sunny. I even have squint tan lines, like I was standing in the flowrider line. One can dream, can’t they. 

ABB57C12-2BF7-4EAB-A59D-B9729C764B98.thumb.jpeg.2ad21ce37c376b77ccbe85c70f5a2153.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we move toward another lock down in NJ.  

I hope not, maggieq.  We have been dining regularly in restaurants (mostly in adjacent Rockland County NY) since the day in June it was allowed.  No issues. Knock on wood. ☘️

We went on a 10 day vacation (south of us in US) and have done a couple relatively local weekends away as well. So, multiple hotel experiences. Again without issue.  Double knock on wood. ☘️☘️

Luckily we have been able to see our two sons.... and two grandchildren aged 3 and 1. Again without issue. Triple knock on wood. ☘️ ☘️☘️

We do miss seeing many other members of our family.

The younger of our sons is supposed to get married next June.  They just reserved a "fallback" date in October in case needed. Quadruple knock on wood. ☘️ ☘️ ☘️☘️

Health and happiness to all. 🚢

• Like 2