Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok. I got a haircut too. Lol

Today is a happy day and a sad day. We are building a new home and put this one up for sale. It sold in 10 days. A gentleman from NY bought it. No surprise here. This might be my last pool day here. 

Enjoy my haircut. Lol

That's about the time frame for houses in our neighborhood to sell as well.  Congrats- guess you have to find a place to rent now

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That's about the time frame for houses in our neighborhood to sell as well.  Congrats- guess you have to find a place to rent now

Yes. We have someone looking for us. We’d like to have a rental (must have at minimum two car garage to hold six motorcycles and four full size safes) by 12/01. 

FYI. We bought a lot in Plantation Bay. 

M8

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes. We have someone looking for us. We’d like to have a rental....

Just curious, since here you can sell a house and continue to live in it until your new house is ready, even for more than a year. Of course, part of the money will be paid at the end.

Another option is to pay rent at the prevailing rates and remain until leaving (mostly by people with kids in the local school).

It saves moving twice...

No such options in FL?

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just curious, since here you can sell a house and continue to live in it until your new house is ready, even for more than a year. Of course, part of the money will be paid at the end.

Another option is to pay rent at the prevailing rates and remain until leaving (mostly by people with kids in the local school).

It saves moving twice...

No such options in FL?

Moving twice is a pain. We already got rid of a bunch of stuff and put a bunch in climate controlled storage. 

The day you close, the home belongs to the buyer. I have 15 years experience in Real Estate and during that time I’ve never known of a deal that allowed either the buyers to move in early or the sellers to remain after closing date. Not saying it doesn’t happen, just haven’t seen it recently. Too much liability. 

M8

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The day you close, the home belongs to the buyer.

Thanks for explaining. It seems very different from here, but then houses/apts are very expensive in comparison to US. Then you need a large capital on your own, mortgages are 50-60% of the price.

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for explaining. It seems very different from here, but then houses/apts are very expensive in comparison to US. Then you need a large capital on your own, mortgages are 50-60% of the price.

95/5 and even 100% (VA) loans are available. These generally have a higher interest rate. Anything over 80/20, requires PMI (and extra percentage point). I think our plan is to go 50/50 for 15 year mortgage. Rates are 2.5-2.7 %. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Was looking for a “Christmas puzzle” today and saw this near the puzzles. 

This seems like an April Fools Joke in the making. 😳🤮😆

$20.00 is what gets me.  I mean I like a good poop game joke, but at what price?

Edited by Domino D

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok. I got a haircut too. Lol

Today is a happy day and a sad day. We are building a new home and put this one up for sale. It sold in 10 days. A gentleman from NY bought it. No surprise here. This might be my last pool day here. 

Enjoy my haircut. Lol

First, who cut your hair?

Second, with houses selling so fast, what is the rental market like?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

It saves moving twice...

No such options in FL?

We did this years ago here in Georgia.  The person who bought our townhouse was relocating and didn't need to move in right away.  We were building a house and needed another 45 days.  So we closed and rented it back from her for 2 months. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Karen. It’s not hard to cut. 

No clue yet on rental market. Will know soon. 

M8

Looks great.  I hope you find a place to rent.  That is why we bought and moved before putting our house up for sale.  We have 6 cats, 2 dogs and my husband made 19 trips with various trailers to move everything.  Our house in Texas was on the market 1 day and we had a bidding war between 3 couples for it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have amazing seats. 

611E4F3A-369F-4E47-A552-22DCFA516CEF.thumb.jpeg.673222240667a78ae637014c811b968c.jpeg

Front row in our living room. Owen was blocking my view for a few minutes but I asked  him to sit down. 

8F65256A-418E-478A-95E4-EB4060AE5075.thumb.jpeg.15988dddf1a53e544affb3a75aa6e1b0.jpeg

You can't put that on thevTV🤔

We watched Fat Tom Petty at the Cultural Center

20201114_211049.thumb.jpg.ec1affbf5a93bb3064c9db60c6cf2b6b.jpg

20201114_190013.thumb.jpg.28068dee77d85a0038743f121fffee02.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Domino D said:

Happy Sunday, all.  (Dani, I think it's still Sunday in Israel).  Here in the ATL, on Sunday morning we let YouTube decide how to entertain us.  Pick a video from recommended and then just let the algorithm take over.   Then it's long day / hill day 6 miles (3 up hill and thankfully 3 down hill).  I don't know how this became a thing, but thanks to my OCD once I get in a habit it takes me a ridiculous long time to get out of it (good or bad).  

You all seemed to have had a pretty good Saturday.  Anyone travelling for Christmas?  

I want to start Handmaids Tale

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You can't put that on thevTV🤔

We watched Fat Tom Petty at the Cultural Center

We tried but for some reason it wouldn’t load. 🤷‍♂️

Many bras thrown?  You are in the Villages. 😆

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Domino D said:

We did this years ago here in Georgia.  The person who bought our townhouse was relocating and didn't need to move in right away.  We were building a house and needed another 45 days.  So we closed and rented it back from her for 2 months. 

Not saying it doesn’t happen. Just needs to be the right buyers/sellers and timing. 

I’ve sold unoccupied homes and buyers have asked if they could begin moving in prior to closing. As the listing agent, it’s been my recommendation to the sellers that they don’t allow this. 

It was something that was done in the past. Back in the early 80’s, we bought a home from the builder and they allowed us to begin moving in a week before.  I just haven’t seen it in the last 10-15 years. Had the one request but my sellers declined. 

M8

• Like 1